The Witch King of Angmar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sheild_Eowyn
If anyone knows anything at all about the history of the withch king and his life, can you PLEASE tell me? I need as much info as poss for a story I'm writing.

Aurora
This is the perfect topic for Naz or Exa or sauron, but since they are not here I will share my limited knowledge on the subject.

The Witch King is the Lord of The Ringwraiths and the mightiest servant of the Dark Lord. He dresses all in sable, except for a silver crown that flickers with perilous light. Little of his origins is known, except that he was a king and a scorcerer. He was ensnared by Sauron when he received the greatest of the nine. After Sauon's fall in the Battle of Dagorlad at the end of the SA, he fled into the shadows and to the lands between the Ettenmoors and the Northern Waste. He there created for himself the real, of Angmar and there became known as the WitchKIng of Angmar. In later times he and the rest of the nine took control of Minas Ithil(Isildur's fortress) and renamed it Minas Morgul, Tower of Black Sorcery and there he remained until called upon by his lord.

sheild_Eowyn
Thanks a lot smile That was helpful

nazgulinthedark

Aurora
See I said Naz would answer it!!

nazgulinthedark
big grin hehe...wait for exa, her answer will be better

sheild_Eowyn
Thanks 2 u as well......hehe, this story is gonna be interesting. don't really know wot to do with it yet though...........

Exa

Kitoky
confused Yeah.....what they said....

All I know is that I'd like to live in Minas Morgul or around Morgul Vale, Ahhhhhhh Nazgul spa center.

Aurora
Anything to add sauron?

Agent Elrond
I was watching RotK and I was wondering what allowed Eowyn to kill the Witch King? Also, what is meant by the prophacy "no living man can slay him"

Lurik
In the books, some elf, Glorfindel, I believe, fought the Witchking in a huge battle. In the end, he couldn't kill the Witchking, and so he decreed that no "man" or elf could kill him.
Eowyn is not a "man", or an elf, therefore she could maybe possibly have killed him. But she is of the race of "men".
In the book, and in the movie, it is Merry who kills the Witchkig with literally, a "stab in the back".

Lurik
Hey Nazgulinthedark, where did you get that from, or what website?

Nienna

Lurik
"You'll find the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."- Darth Vader

Cynethryth
Yep, this battle was the Downfall of the Kingdom of Arnor, the northern equivalent of Gondor, ruled by Isildur's heirs;
When the last king (Arvedui) of the already broken realm was attacked by Witchking, he wanted to defeat the King of Angmar himself, but his horse was so afraid and ran away... with Arvedui, the King, on his back of course big grin
Arvedui was totally depressed, but Glorfindel (whose army had defeated Wiki's armies before!) told him that he couldn't have done anything anyways... and made this prophecy,
"Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall."

Neither Eowyn nor Meriadoc are really men - she is a woman, he is a hobbit-youngster.

Sauron
rock rock rock

You underestimate the power of the dark side.

Now you will see the power of this Fully Operational Death Star!

i have nothing to add...everything here sums him up perfectly

Sauron
Merry has a penis-he is a man.

you cant say that because he wasnt of the race of men but still male-he could kill him. because that would enable an elf to kill him.

something glorfindel says cant be done, just because glorfy couldnt kill him, apparently now no man can---true elf fashion that, if i cant do it, it cant be done.

anyway--wasnt it merry and pippin who still to 'come of age'
so technically they are boys.

oh the humilty my greatest servant killed by some pre-pubesent midget child

Discos
it doesnt say in the movie, but the "a" sword merry recieved had a special tint in it which would drsain the withkings un-dying powers,

once merry stabbed the witchking that would make him defenseless just like any other man or elf

Discos laughing out loud it aint anything about Eowyn being a women

Sauron
Originally posted by Sauron on Today 11:32 AM

Sauron
thats true, but you cant argue with the elf man from the first age.

BTW the sword was of the noldor- found in one of the downs by tom bombadil.
in which he also founds whatshernames Broach- flax flowers-

Discos
i see somebodies had 10,000 posts......someones had a big day

also thats the one, tommy's swordy

Cynethryth
blink
What?
He ... founds? found? Flax Flowers - Idril Celebrindal, Menelluin....... Hadhafang... Arwen... what? What the f**k?

Sauron
dont What the f**k? me you know what im talking about.
i had this discussion with you months ago in the pms.

you know - he found the broach with Flax Flowers on it...and said 'fair was she who wore this long ago, now goldberry will wear it, and we shall not forget her'

Discos
^^laughing out loud

Agent Elrond
when merry stabbed the Witch King, why was he in pain after it?

Nienna

Discos
you see it in the film, thats partly a reason why he went to the house of healing

you see his hand get burnt

Agent Elrond
It's been awhile and I kinda skimmed through it. Missed the details like that.

Nienna
Ah, ok...wink

Discos
poor dues AE, re-read them and get the jist smile

The Witchking's gloves is cool

Sauron
black breath lol stick out tongue

all blades perish that pierce the witchking.

frodo stabs wiki on weathertop--his sword survives, and his arm doesnt go completely cold and numb---well it does but thats because of the morgul blade.

btw the mystery of 'are the nazgul invisible, or just spirits'

they are invisible--they wore their rings too much until they simply faded away. and became invisible--a shadow under saurons shadow.

The fading away s what is happening to bilbo when he says he 'feels thin;

Discos
like not enough butter spread on too much toast

Sauron
or saurons grandas hair

Discos
What the f**k?

stay on topic....fool

Sauron
i am- thin-

anyway, i was under the impression 'fool' was my name for you. can you not think your own things up mate?

well some crown keeper you have turned out to be

Discos
i have my own words for you,

Discos - cheeky sauron

Discos
christ can we never stay on topic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sauron
apparently not

Kitoky
LOL, there's sauron for ya.

Sauron
wink

grishnakah
theres a book called a guide to tolkien that i have but you should be able to by it from a good bookshop and it can tell you a bit about the witch king of angmar. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.