What's your fav part in ROTK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elvinarrow
??

Kitoky
Mine would definately be the ending, Aragorn's coronation, the Fellowship reunites, Hobbits go home, Frodo goes to Valinor. Those were the parts that I cried. smile

Exa
Mine were the Ride of the Rohirrim and Minas Morgul... Well, actually the whole film was my fav part but that sounds a bit strange

Fire
same as EXA

Leggy_n_Merry

Aurora
I absolutly LOVED the ENTIRE FILM. But if u are forcing to tell you only my most favorite parts I will try!

Aurora
I absolutly LOVED the ENTIRE FILM. But if u are forcing to tell you only my most favorite parts I will try!

* Minas Morgul was amazing. It had to be one of my favorite parts of the entire Trilogy! I loved the sound of the air just kinda sucking into it and shooting out of the top. I thought Pippin looked so great at that moment to. The sheer differance between the look of Frodo and Sam compared to Pippin was shown beautifully!!
*Aragorn's correnation, all of it! Wonderful! Simply Great! Magnificent!
*The Battle of Pelennor Feilds was great. I loved the Eowyn esp.
* The Paths of the Dead. I loved how Aragorn acted, great!!

The Omega
When the Rohirrim arrives at the Pelennor fields, and Theoden holds his speech before they charge!!!! It gives me chills just thinking about it!

When they beacons are being lit, and the camera flies over the mountains.

Before the Black Gates. When Sauron hisses "Aragon... Elessar", and Aragorn turns and says "For Frodo" and charges on single man...
w-o-a-w

The coronation. The whole scene - oh - and when King Elessar sees Arwen behind the flag... (sighs happily)

Maikahyandowen
Pippin's song. i totaly bawled!! and when Sam goes after Shelob. he totaly rocks. eek! big grin smile cool rolling on floor laughing

Kitoky
I think everyone's performance in that movie were at their very best, and it was worth it because the movie was excellent, ending the trilogy and all, I CAN'T WAIT TIL ROTK: EE COMES OUT!

Hypester
well... my favorite parts of ROTK was when Aragorn faced down the cursed men in the cursed mountain and basically had his way with them... especially when he blocked the king's sword and then grabbed him... that was too cool...

then I also liked Legolas' elephant ride... those were my favorite parts... that and Sam taking out those three goblins... that was crazy too...

Elvinarrow
lol cool

IcepicK
Definately the Speech of Theoden made me shake.."Ride for ruin and the world's ending, DEATH, DEATH, Forth Eorlingas!!!!!!"

My fav part was when Eowyn killed the Witch king!!! I was like "Chee-hee!! " Seriously, I love that part. "I am no man!!"yes

aniron
the whole film was incredible, but I liked the bit when Frodo woke up in the bed and the whole fellowship came together, it was very heart churnng, I almost cried (plus legolas in the blue suit was soo lovley), it was just an amazing moment when they were reunited and happy.

russ_mathers
i almost cried at the end when frodo left, it was so sad. But the film, omg, it was utterly magnificent, sorry. But it was, for 3 and a half hours it was WORTH it. i'm most definitely getting it on DVD

russ_mathers
yes, aniron that bit when he found out gandalf was alive was one of best also.
my friends said that wen frodo got on to the boat with bilbo etc, that they were going to heaven (to die) please tell me this isn't true becoz it sounds pathetic!
And i'd also like to know how in the hell gollum got to mount.doom when he fell down dat cliff at the large spider's lair (i do not remember the spiders name)

Exa
When the beacons are lit and Faramir riding to Osgiliath are also some of my favourite scenes... but the best was really the one with the Ride of the Rohirrim love Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin! And the world's ending!! DEATH! eek!

Kitoky
Oh when Faramir took some soldiers out to reclaim Osgiliath that was absolutely tramatic and I cried.

fini
ooo oo oo can i put everything??.........oh i cant?..........well your just gonna have to listen to me list the entire movie then.

Smodden
these are my fav parts of movie:

A RIVER, CENTURIES AGO
SMEAGOL and DEAGOL find the Ring and start fighting over it.
DEAGOL: Mine!
SMEAGOL: Mine!
DEAGOL: Mine!
SMEAGOL: Mine!
DEAGOL: Yours. (dies)

UNOFFICIAL ENTRANCE TO MORDOR
SAM: We can't trust Gollum! He's out to kill us!
FRODO: Really, Sam, you and your imagination. I suppose YOU have a better plan for getting into Mordor?
SAM: As a matter of fact I do. Hanggliding.
FRODO: Excuse me?
SAM: Hanggliding. It's all the rage in the Southfarthing. We make a big kite-like frame out of a lightweight wood, like balsa, if you follow me, and stretch some muslin across it; then we climb to the top of one of these mountains, wait for a warm updraft -
FRODO: I am NOT listening to this.
FRODO grabs GOLLUM's hand and walks away.

EDORAS
LEGOLAS: The sky wears a film of gauze. The night air breathes infamy. Deceit weaves itself around my fingernails.
ARAGORN: What the hell is that? Poetry? I pay you to do two things: shoot stuff, and look pretty. If you have something to tell me, tell me in normal words.
LEGOLAS: Fine. S-A-U-R-O-N is H-E-R-E. Simple enough for you, numbskull?

(MEANWHILE, INSIDE IN EDORAS)
PIPPIN: I'm going to go look at that crystal bowling-ball thingy.
MERRY: Bad idea, Pip.
PIPPIN: No, I think it's a good idea.
MERRY: Really seriously bad idea.
PIPPIN: No, it'll be fine. See? I just pick it up and AAAAHHHHH!!
ENTIRE CITY wakes up.
GANDALF: Fool of a Took! Now I must take you on a horseback ride.
PIPPIN: Okay! Can Merry come?
GANDALF: No.
MERRY: See what you did? Ugh. Why do I always hang out with the stupid ones?

ROHIRRIM CAMP
EOWYN: Here, little fellow. Put this armor on.
MERRY: Thanks much, my lady. Ooh, I don't think you fastened my belt right. Could you put your hands there again? ...Ahh, that's it; right there...
EOMER: Wow, sis, you are getting desperate.
EOWYN: Look at this hobbit: can you honestly tell me he isn't brave and handsome, and doesn't inspire your courage?
EOMER: (snicker) Uh, sure. Sure, he's great. Yeah. (gives MERRY thumbs-up sign) You go, dude.

MINAS TIRITH
PIPPIN: Any chance I can get out of fighting, Gandalf?
GANDALF: Probably not.
PIPPIN: Are Frodo and Sam going to make it?
GANDALF: Don't think so.
PIPPIN: Isn't there anything you can say to cheer me up?
GANDALF: Maybe you'll get decapitated. That should be quick and painless.
PIPPIN: Oh. Uh, thanks.

MINAS TIRITH
DENETHOR: So here's my plan: a barbecue. Featuring smoked and roasted stewards of Gondor. Obey me or die, people!
PIPPIN: Ohhh-kay, crazy man alert.
PIPPIN runs off to get help. DENETHOR gets busy pouring flammable stuff all over himself and FARAMIR.
DROOLING FANGIRLS: Oooh! Unconscious Faramir covered in oil! The things I could do with THAT scenario!

VICINITY OF CIRITH UNGOL
SHELOB is hovering above FRODO, who is oblivious.
AUDIENCE: (apparently thinking they're at a horror film) Look up! LOOK UP!! OH MY GOD, LOOK UP!!
FRODO gets caught and bitten, and attractively foams at the mouth. SHELOB wraps him up in spider-silk. ARACHNOPHOBES are whimpering somewhere under their theatre seats. SAM shows up and saves day, stabbing SHELOB with borrowed sword.
SAM: Whew. All right, Mr. Frodo, I know I've teased you about running from spiders before, but I don't blame you for that one. Er, Mr. Frodo? (prod) Frodo?...
FRODO is not looking good. SAM begins weeping and cradling him.
SENTIMENTAL BOOK-READERS: Say "Don't go where I can't follow." Say "Don't go where I can't follow." Say "Don't go where I can't follow."
SAM: Don't go where I can't follow!
SENTIMENTAL BOOK-READERS: Woohoo! All right; I can die happy now.
SAM: Uh-oh; Orcs. Got to cut this short. So long, sir. (skitters and hides)
ORCS start prodding FRODO.
ORC #73: How long has he been dead?
ORC #89: Dead? Any COMPLETE IDIOT could tell he's not dead!
SAM: What??
ORC #42: Then let's take him upstairs and strip him. We should at least get to keep the change in his pockets.
SAM: Are you telling me...I had a chance...to give Mr. Frodo mouth-to-mouth...and I DIDN'T TAKE IT??
SAM flies into a murderous rage, killing about eighty Orcs in the space of half a minute.

OUTSIDE MINAS TIRITH
Black Ships sail up, with ARAGORN, LEGOLAS, GIMLI, and DEAD PEOPLE aboard, and save the day.
AUDIENCE: Oh, come on. Orlando Bloom as the token pretty-boy on a ship full of ghosts - yeah, we saw that over the summer. Next!

TOWER OF CIRITH UNGOL
SAM, lost, stops in a stairwell and sings out:
SAM: "The stars at night...are clear and bright..."
FRODO'S VOICE: (weak) "...deep in the heart of Texas..."
SAM: Woohoo!
SAM charges that direction and kills an Orc mid-whip. FRODO is lying in a swoon on a heap of rags, half-naked.
DROOLING FANGIRLS: Oh, HECK yeah! Come on, sugar, get those hands out of the way.
OTHER AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Eww! You're corrupting my immaculate Tolkien experience!
SAM: Darling! You're alive!
FRODO: Sam, dear...if we ever get back to the Shire, remind me to enroll you in a First Aid course. We really must review how to find a pulse.

PELENNOR FIELDS
MOLLY: Quite a lot of intense fighting takes place here. Once again I shall try to sum up the highlights.
WITCH KING: (evil shriek)
THEODEN: Aaaagh!
EOWYN: Roaaaar!
MERRY: Um...roar! Yes! What she said!
WITCH KING delivers smackdown.
MERRY and EOWYN: Ow!
MERRY and EOWYN deliver counter-smackdown.
WITCH KING: Ow.
WITCH KING dies. EOWYN collapses. MERRY wanders off somewhere. PIPPIN finds him under an Orc.
PIPPIN: Merry! Long time no see!
MERRY: Hello, Pippin. (cough) Would you believe I...got lucky with a hot Rohirrim chickie?
PIPPIN: Er...no. No, Merry, I wouldn't. I'm sorry; I want to humor you when you're this hurt; but no, that's really quite beyond the realm of credibility.
MERRY: Then how do you explain this...(cough)...lipstick on my armor?
PIPPIN: (cry of disbelief) No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!

MORDOR
FRODO and SAM stumble into view wearing Orc gear. AUDIENCE bursts into giggles.
AUDIENCE: Somehow I don't think this is supposed to be funny, but it is.
FRODO: I'm forlorn. Desolate. Wretched.
SAM: Very eloquent, sir. Here I was just going to say, "This place sucks."

MINAS TIRITH
GANDALF: Now I guess it's time to knock on death's door and invite them out to battle. Draw Sauron's eye to us instead of Frodo.
ARAGORN: All in the hopes of giving Sam and Frodo a chance.
LEGOLAS: A diversion.
ARAGORN: Yeah, thanks, Paraphrase Boy.

MOUNT DOOM
GOLLUM: Wait! Lassst chance! You know you want to sssee how pretty Ring looks on my toe, you know you do! Give it to us!
SAM: How about I pound your head with a rock instead?
FRODO: Know what? Change of plans. I'm not throwing it into the volcano.
SAM: Yes you are.
FRODO: No, I have a new idea: I'm going to take over the world. All shall love me and despair.
SAM: But I already love you and despair.
GOLLUM: Smeagol will take over world with you, yes yes! Give it to us!
FRODO: No!
GOLLUM: Yes!
FRODO: NO!
GOLLUM: YES! (chomp)
FRODO: Ow!!
GOLLUM falls triumphantly into fiery chasm from whence Ring came, taking FRODO's finger and the Ring with him. SAM hauls FRODO out of the special Place To Throw Stuff Into Lava room. They find temporary refuge from flowing molten rock on a boulder.
FRODO: Hey, I can remember the Shire again! Small comfort, considering we seem to have about five minutes to live.
SAM: It's a shame. Now I'll never get to marry Rosie Cotton.
FRODO: (startled) YOU want to marry a girl? Really?
SAM: Aye. Why is that so hard to believe?
FRODO: It's just - er - well - you know, I think I must have misinterpreted several things you've said over the past couple decades,

MINAS TIRITH AGAIN
ARAGORN is getting coronated. Which should be a word, if it isn't. He clears his throat and starts singing in Elvish.
PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK: Jeez, people sing a lot in this movie.
PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THE BOOK: Hah. That's nothing. You ought to read the book.
LEGOLAS steps out, wearing bridal white and a coy smile. He and ARAGORN gaze into one another's eyes.
LEGOLAS: Are you ready to kiss your bride, my lord?
ARAGORN: Heck yeah. Come here, you.
LEGOLAS steps aside and lets ARWEN in.
ARAGORN: Oh! Arwen! Right. Wow, hi. Heh. Uh - come here, you.
ARAGORN kisses ARWEN. WATCHING ELVES smile as if the sight of a bristly-faced human tonguing a pristine Elf doesn't turn their stomach.
FARAMIR: The only thing that would make this day better would be meeting an attractive, single noblewoman. Oh, well.
EOWYN: The only thing that would make this day better would be meeting an attractive, single nobleman. Oh, well.

SHIRE
SAM and ROSIE are getting married. FRODO stands by, smiling generously.
FANATICAL FRODO/SAM SHIPPERS: (sobbing) This is the saddest scene in the whole trilogy.
RESPECTABLE AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Oh, give it up already.

GREY HAVENS
GANDALF: I will not say, 'Do not weep,' for not all tears are an evil.
AUDIENCE: Good, because that's all we've been doing for the last three hours.
FRODO: Goodbye, Pippin. I'm glad you found your courage. Goodbye, Merry. I'm glad you got to wear horse-themed armor. Sam...
FRODO hugs SAM.
FRODO: I think I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow.
FRODO kisses SAM on the forehead. FANATICAL FRODO/SAM SHIPPERS stop sobbing for a moment and perk up.
FRODO/SAM SHIPPERS: Oh, hey! I totally need to screencap that and turn it into an LJ icon.
SAM, however, is still weeping.
SAM: Can't I come join you, someday?
FRODO: Let's not talk about that. The audience doesn't need comforting with such pitiful little shreds of hope. Goodbye, my friends.
FRODO smiles as he sails away, at peace in the knowledge that he never again has to get up at five a.m. to have the makeup people put hobbit feet on him.

that was my fav parts

azszhz
laughing laughing that is to funny laughing laughing

Melani
I just love when Pippin sings **tear** and i like when Frodo goes to drop the ring and hes like "no... its mine!!" and golum bites off his finger heheh very intense

Ahnold
I loved the multiple endings. I mean, just when you thought "Ho hum I don't mind sitting through this unbelievably long coda. I hope it isn't ending soon!" there was another ending to satify you. And then another. And another. And another. And a... oh god let is STOP!!!

Maikahyandowen
goooooo hobbits!!!!

Elvinarrow
lol

kalantiaw
the part where frodo succumbs to the ring... that little f@$#%&* was gonna keep the ring, man!!! and when murazor was getting his armour on... and everytime our heroes felt overcome by despair, but somehow, someways, come out victorious... and when aragorn confront the commander, or general, or captain, or-- whatever of the dead army, your king has returned and he summons you to kick some ar$e...

ElvenPrincess01
mine was when pipping sang his song when the pople where going out to war!

ElvenPrincess01
pippin*

Kitoky
Ever hear of the Edit button?

Elvinarrow
don't be that mean lol

Suzuka
oh my word, those were halarious, good laugh for today smile ::still laughing:: hahaa

Maikahyandowen
After Aragorn's coronation when everyone bows to the hobbits. that was sooo awsome!!! " you bow to noone."

Suzuka
"I saw him!"
"I'm sorry, I won't do it again"
"And you're coming with me, arne't you?"
"Merry!"
"Boromir died defending us, my kinsmen and me..."
"...they don't actually expect me to do any fighting...do they?"
"It's so quiet"
"Is there any hope Gandalf? for Frodo and Sam?"
"But we've got the white wizard, that's got to count for something..."
"::his song::"
"they sent us out to fight"
"he's not dead! HE'S NOT DEAD!!!"
":: pushing Faramir off of fire::"
"I never thought it would end like this..."
"::charging with Merry::"
"::weeping at seeing the mt. explode:: ::silent "frodo"::"
"::coming in and laughing and making faces with frodo and Merry::"
"::his face when everyon's bowing::"
"::his face when they ride back in the shire:: ::bling bling!::"
"::at the bar, ahh!::"
"::his face at Sam, haha::"
"::catching the flowers and looking at the hobbit girl stick out tongue::"
"::crying at the end...::"

as if you can't tell, all Pip's stuff smile I just loved him in themovie...I posted what I liked in the other thread that has the same name as this smile

Leggy_n_Merry
Oh my god thanks Melani for the Steward of Gondor lyrics I've wanted them for ages! thanks soo much big grin

Maikahyandowen
" what's that?"
" this, my friend, is a pint!"
" it comes in PINTS? i'm getting one!"

Melani
I love when Pippin Sang Steward of Gondor .. it was amazing

Verity
I find it hard to pick-because there's so many parts in the movie I love! I have no favorites! I pretty much love everything that has been mentioned so far.....the whole movie damn it! stick out tongue

slashwristbarbi
Witch King: "No man can kill me. Now die!"
Aowyen: "I am no man!"
*kills Witchking*

Maikahyandowen
yeah. Eowyn's sooo cool. and the hobbits!!!!!!!

Member.
lol

muse5
book, see the last part of my sig, movie, 'i am no man!'

Maikahyandowen
everything with merry and pippin. those two are awsome.

sauron
yes because merry and pippin are darth vader and stormtroopers stick out tongue indeed

Aurora
Okay the Witch King is Mary Poppins and Merry and Pippin are actually recriuts from Star Wars?

Maikahyandowen
naturally. actually, the purpose of that picture would be that i learned how to put one there, therefore, i put a random picute there just because i CAN. i have a better one of Elijah, and one of Pippin, but, i was in a hurry, so....... Darth Vader it is!!!!

taram
at grey haven, frodo left for valinor. people compare it to him going to heaven, because its the land of the undying...which is like heaven. you have to be excepted to go....and if you do, you will never be able to return to middle earth. i dont think its really an island or anything....people who sail out looking for it, will never find it unless they have been choosen to come in. gandalf went with because he was a maiar or something? and he had already died, so he had to go back. i think that is where the elves came from, so that is why they also left for there, and were given immortality. sam and gimli were also able to go. sam went after he served 7 terms as mayor, and left shortly after rosie's death. leoglas built a ship and sailed there with gimli. frodo was able to go to valinor because he was a ring bearer....as were bilbo, and sam for a very brief time. frodo decided to go due to his injuries.... he was so hurt physically and emotionally, he wasnt able to live his life the way it was before in the shire. so, at valinor, he would be able to live the rest of his life peacefully. people have also said, he decided to go because he felt that he didnt fit in anymore. everyone had moved on to other things, except him.

LegolasLover411
Kit! i didn't know you cried! Awww.....

I liked it when Legolas Killed the Oliphont. then gimili goes"It only counts as one"

Also the ending where everyone bows to the Hobbits......*sniff*

pip-foot
THE WHOLE MOVIE!!!!!!!1 I loved it! Just saw it for the 3rd time. and next week will be teh 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I loved it! cant wait for the EE to come out smile smile big grin big grin big grin smile smile

Lady Ellie
I'm going for the 3rd time this weekend. CANT WAIT!!
I love the mumakil battle and the end of the movie. I had tears in my eyes when Frodo had to say goodbye to the hobbits....sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.