I sense much fear in you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate. hate leads to suffering... I sense much fear in you.

First of all, this is the most powerful line in a star wars movie yet. yoda essentially called out anakin as being one who was destined to pursue the path of the dark side.

that aside, i realized that this line also is very prophetic, specificially so, because that is EXACTLY what happens to anakin. In EPI, we see anakin is dominated by fear of losing his mother. in EPII, he actually loses his mother. His fears are realized, which leads to anger. Anakins anger swells so much that it turns into hate. Who is his hate directed at? The tuskens, whom he feels killed his mother. That hate spreads like wildfire and we see the beginnings of his hate for obiwan (its (hi mother dying) all obiwans fault!!!!) In EPIII, we will see how Anakins hate spreads to the jedi as a group, and that leads to the great suffering we will see in Episodes III-VI.

GL is a good storyteller.

Julie
I couldn't agree more.....
hate is powerful...Anakin goes off the deep end when his mother gets killed...but who wouldn't?

yerssot
correct

Julie
Thanks for the support smile ...I'm glad you agree.

bigsef2
julie, sometimes i think you make a post just to increase the number of posts you have. smile

Julie
Perhaps...perhaps not......you should see the conversations I had w/ Tomacco over in the General dis...section...I stayed up til 3 in the morning

Besides...even if I'm confused...I wanna give my 2 cents....so to speak big grin

bigsef2
wow, sounds like you are in love

Julie
sure...whatever......or maybe I'm just addicted to these forums

bigsef2
is there nothing else to do in new jersey?

yerssot
I pitty you Julie! In love with To... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
I'm not in love with To......at least no more so than w/ any of you clowns big grin evil face

bigsef2
good. cuz youre my one and only love and i was hoping i wouldnt have to cut to's pecker off

Julie
whatever roll eyes (sarcastic) .....be nice wink

bigsef2
cut cut smile

yerssot
well, it's good to hear that you aren't in love, otherwhise we had to knock some sense in you!

Gandalf
Can I post an editorial review? Bigsef2, I agree with most of your points, but your forgetting some minor statements that were made in the movie that have such a big impact.

If you know Anakin well enough you know his biggest dream was to become a pilot. Okay, irrelevant, but another dream was to become a Jedi Knight. Remember when they are eating dinner and Anakin questions Qui-Gon's status as a Jedi Knight? Qui-Gon then replies saying he could have killed a Jedi and taken the laser sword. And Anakin says "I don't think so, no one can kill a jedi"? That is a crucial line. Ki-Adi Mundi & Yoda let us know Fear begins with his mother. "Your thoughts dwell on your mother" "Fear of losing her, perhaps, hmmm?" The ends of "Fear" are tied together when Qui-Gon dies because Anakin now knows that a Jedi can die, thus all his original implications were wrong, and now he must fear for his death, Obi-wan's, and all other Jedi.

Anger is a shoe-in, the death of is mother.

Hate obviously towards the person(s) Anakin thinks killed his mother, Obi-wan (I think this would be the target). Palpatine not yet revealed as a Dark Side master fuels Anakin's rage by convincing Anakin it was Obi-wan's fault.

Suffering would be the eternal loss of all that was good to Anakin (He eventually loses Padme, his trust for Obi-wan, his mother, honor for being a Jedi Knight)

Then he crosses over.

yerssot
It's all OB1's fault...
because he didn't gave permission to fly to Tatooine...
"
(He eventually loses Padme, his trust for Obi-wan, his mother, honor for being a Jedi Knight) "

He doesn't lose Padme, in a way of killing her, because Leia can remember her. Ok, his trust in OB1 is away, mother death, but the honor thing? not sure

Gandalf
Take in all aspects of losing, not just death, I was implying he loses her as a wife, obviously.

bigsef2
we dont know the specific context of anakins statement, "its all obiwans fault!" but we do know that it is followed by the statement "hes holding me back!" I think its likely that the statement that he "SHOULD be" the most powerful jedi ever, is probably also in this conversation. We also know that in AOTC, obiwan expresses MAJOR doubts to mace about anakin, and says that hes brash and arrogant.

My theory on this statement is that when Anakins mother dies, he blames obiwan, because apparently, anakin feels hes ready to face the trials and become a jedi knight, but obiwan has been holding him back. Anakin feels that if obi-wan hadn't been holding him back from reaching his full potential for so long, he would have already faced the trials, been a jedi knight, and been in a position to do whatever he wanted, go whereever he wanted, and thus have saved his mother before the tuskens got her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.