Professor Nyx's Transfiguration Class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

airangel429
What is Transfiguration?

Transfiguration is magic which changes one object into another. It is possible to change inanimate objects into animate ones and vice versa. Some Transfiguration spells alter a part of something, such as changing a person's ears from normal into rabbit ears.

THIS IS FOR THE HP RPG PLAYERS, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! big grin
IF YOU WANT TO GET SORTED SO YOU CAN PLAY GO TO THE SORTING HAT THREAD HERE: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t15509.html
(ALSO BE SURE TO CREATE YOU CHARACTER IN THE CHARACTER THREAD IN THAT SAME FORUM!! big grin)

ASSIGNMENT: 3rd and 4th year students I expect you all to do some research on vanishing spells. I need 4 lines of parchment from you all.

First Year and 2nd year Students please prepare 4 lines of parchment on switching spells.

5th and 6th year students I need 6 lines of parchment from you on conjuring spells please.

7th year students I need 6 lines or parchment on animagi's.

BE SURE TO PUT YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME SO POINTS CAN BE AWARDED! big grin

Trickster
Okay, how are we gunan do this?

tigereyes456
Conjuring spells: Conjuring spell alow you to make an object apear out of no where or change an object into something else. It takes great concentration to use this spell. Should only be used by higher levels, NEwt level.
K well no site gives enough info..so that it...

tigereyes456
LI dumbledore (gryffindor)

airangel429
"Good Li!" "3 Pts for Gryffindor." Professor Nyx tells her.

eezy45
Vanishing Spells:
The Vanishing Spell is usually "Evanesco". It makes things, animals and so on disappear.
Possible accidents are that a half thing disappears and the rest stays.
It is quite evident, then, that anything Vanished does not cease to exist. Certainly, something vanished moves to a storage location.
The "Evanesco" spell apparently doesn't need an object word (you don't have to say "Evanesco Potion," for example). The intent of the caster provides the needed focus on a particular object.
Joshua Granger, Gryffindor, 3rd class.

daeri
The spell "evanesco" is used to make things or persons disappear..
Neville Longbottom let a leg of McGonagall desk dissapear in an accident.
I don't actually know how to reappear things or persons.. but there is a way.. but I can't find it.

Virginia LePour, fourth class, gryffindor.. (I know it isn't much but I really couldn't find more embarrasment )

airangel429
Daeri & Eezy good answers! 3 pts to each of you for your house. Eezy: 2 extra pts for in depth knowledge.

So 8 more pts for GRYFFINDOR! big grin *goes to add in pts*

{I will give another homework assignment in a few days..I am going to let everyone catch up..K? well i am goin back to work. PM me for quezzies!}

daeri
thanks.. smile

eezy45
Thank you, Professor.

Candy
{Kiara, Slytherin, 6th Year
with the help of conjurings spells wizards can let things appear from nowhere. they can change an object into another object, too. It's a higher level of magic, you have to concentrate hard and do the exact spell. it`'s NEWT level, and so really high and only talented wizards are good enough to do it.
the most things which were conjured out of the air disappears after a couple of hours.

Red_Drake
Switching Spells.
Switching spells are used to swap one thing for another, not much use when in danger, unless you are fighting a theety something you could swap it's teets for something less dangerous, but usefull if you want something you can switch it with this spell.

PS: sorry i couldn't make it 4 lines but it was all i could think of about this spell hope you don't mind wink .

Trickster
Conjouring is charms, aint it?

pip-foot

pip-foot

Aesma
It seems like most his parchment were curling or curled at the ends since had stored them in scroll cases. Unlike his other paper, his writing here seem to be rather light than the others, perhaps he was running out of ink...or mistakenly -switched his ink for a magical one

Switching Spells

Switching spells is what its name is, spells used to switch one object for another. Perhaps this could be considered a type of conjuring spell, but it does not deal with creating objects out of thin air. The differences in spells could be what type of things are switched, and the difficulty of what is to be switched (distance, visuals, etc.). Conjuration seems to be more popular than this in most cases since its easier making an item than acquiring it from somewhere else, though it would be useful for getting rare items.

Ocean Oliver, Ravenclaw
PS Sorry for the ink, I'm not sure what happened, I know I didn't get the parchment wet.

airangel429
Red Drake: Please state your house so you may be awarded pts.

Professor Nyx walks over to Chris and Laura Weasley, "Good job Weasley's you both have been awarded 4 pts, it will be added to each of your houses."

Professor Nyx sternly looked over at Ocean and walked briskly over to him. "Ocean, you have answered very correctly, however you ink is a bit of a problem. Perhaps next time you will use the proper ink." she said to him.

"Oh, you have been awarded 4pts for a correct answer, however I am afraid I will be taking 1pt away from you for the missuse of magical ink on homework assigments. I urge you to take this class more seriously!"

Aqua
Conjuring spells are advanced magic, ther are NEWT level at Hogwarts, taught in sixth and seventh years.There is legislation about what you can conjure and what you cant.Most things conjured out of thin air will disappear after a couple hours.Some exceptions to this are the sleeping bags, which survived a lot longer than just a couple of hours.The basic form of Vanishing is the Vanishing Spell. Taught in fith year Transfiguration, this spell is usually cast using the spell word "Evanesco,"which is Latin for "vanish"

Red_Drake
Ops yeah sorry my mistake

Drake Faydark, Ravenclaw

Candy
whats bout my text, isnt it good enough?

airangel429
YES! smile Which house is your character in Candy!

"Good assignment! 5 pts for your house....eh what is your house?"

eezy45
look at this text... slyth... rolling on floor laughing

well, but kiara wrote about letting things APPEAR, while conjuring spells let things DISAPPEAR, that makes it incorrect!
erm

airangel429
No, you can conjure something to make it APPEAR...thus Dumbledore and the chairs at Harry's hearing in the OOTP. Also they won't permanently stay, they do disappear after a matter of time. So she answered correctly. big grin

Vanishing Spells make things disappear. big grin

airangel429
7th year students I need 6 lines or parchment on animagi's.

Jasmine stared at the parchment in front of her. She had stayed up most of the night writing her paper. She was proof reading it before she turned it in.

An animagus is a wizard or witch who can transform into an animal; and it is very rare. Most animagi's are registered because the Ministry of Magic requires it, however there are a few who are not registered. Lady Frost, our headmistress, is an animagi. She portrays a white tiger. Here are a list of some of the animagus I have heard of: Professor McGonnagol, the former Transfiguration teacher; Sirius Black, R.I.P.; James Potter; and the awful Peter Pettigrew. Lord Voldemort was also an animagi that portrayed a snake. Animagus transformation is not taught until your seventh year.

I couldn't find THAT much on animagi's so i improvised.

Jasmine Tonks, 7th year, Hufflepuff

airangel429
Professor Nyx "Miss Tonks I would have expected better from you being that we are learning this in class, however I will give you points for trying. 3 pts will be awarded to Hufflepuff."

airangel429
NO MORE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED, CHECK IN DURING THE WEEKEND FOR THE NEW ASSIGNMENT!

eezy45
((what about the assignment? forgot this thread???))
erm

airangel429
*goes to look up new assignment.....SORRY*

eezy45
smile np smile

airangel429
New Assignment

This week's assignment is to choose an animagi that you would like to portray.

1. Be sure to provide a picture
2. Provide a brief description of the animal
3. Provide a reason why you would like to be able to take on the animals transformation.

eezy45
Animagi
Joshua Granger, Gryffindor

I would prefer to be a wolf because wolves are not so big that they would stand out and not so small that they were defenseless.

Wolves are the ancestor of dogs. They are 4-7 feet long and up to 32 inches high.
Wolves hunt deer, moose, caribou, elk, bison and beavers.
The people in the Middle Age thought wolves make bad luck. There also is a half-wolf-form called werewolf, but this is a creature for DADA.
The fur is gray, but there are even white and black wolves.

Being a wolf would be useful to catch people as an auror (because wolves are very fast...), to hide and to sneak.
picture:

Tela<3sHaldir
(((DO you have to be in 6th year to dxo the assignment?)))

eezy45
((any year students may answer it))

Tela<3sHaldir
Sonia, fifth year Ravenclaw

I would want to be able to turn into an Eagle.

Eagles are brids of prey. They are both majestically beautiful and dnagerous. they are considered very protective. This family of birds is known for their strength, size, keenness of vision, and powers of flight. The entymology for Eagle is Middle English egle, from Old French aigle, and from Latin aquila.

It would be helpful that you could dive in and attack your opponent then fly up again to ready for another attack.

Red_Drake
{Can it be a Faerie Dragon? it does look like an butterfly so muggles wouldn't know and they are small enough for it so can I used Faerie Dragon as an animagi choice?}

airangel429
"Nicely done! 10 pts for you Joshua and 10 pts for you Sonia".

Professor Nyx tells them as she admires the illustrations.

eezy45
(I have just created a second character because Gryffindor needs more house points wink so I will reply a second time - okay?)

airangel429
okie

Red_Drake
I would want to be able to turn into a flying Dragon (an actual animal not a JKR Dragon)
With the ability to glide, i would be small enough to not be noticed by anyone and to be mistaken by small lizards like the gecko and being able to climb up walls I wouldn't need to find a "perfect" place to land, course i'd look a little cause i wouldn't want to land on a cactus or something like this laughing

Tela<3sHaldir
Courtney II, Third Year Slytherin

I would want to transorm into a snake.

Any of numerous limbless scaled reptiles with a long tapering body and with salivary glands often modified to produce venom which is injected through grooved or tubular fangs.

Snakes long bodies can allow them to slyther through holes and small cracks so they can get into places humans can't. they can dig holes in the ground to live and they are inonspicuous.

Tela<3sHaldir
(((I have two chars. Airangel told me how she would it into the plot. Hope you don't mind. She was sorted beore drakes bro char.)))

Trickster
If I could be an animagi, I would love to be a Pygmy Marmoset or a wolf. The Pygmy Marmoset is a social creature, who spends time looking out for the others of its tribe. To live in a society of peace where the others all look out for each other would be an ideal life. an opposite of this is the wolf, wo although hunts in packs in savage and those who cannot keep up are left behind. Both are majestic animals in their own way, and loyal to those who they consider friends. At this moment in my life I would prefer the marmoset, as I could communicate with my Marmoset, Chael.

Dale, Gryffindor

Candy

airangel429
8 pts to Drake(ravenclaw), 10 pts to Courtney(slytherin), 7pts to Dale(Gryffindor) I'll give you 3 more pts if you post a picture.

12 pts to Kiara, Slytherin.

Trickster
Oh right, okay, gimme a mo.

tigereyes456
Li dumbledore, gryffindor
I would want to transform inot a tiger. Tigers live in asia is serveral differnet habitats. rainforest, woodland, coniferous and many others. They are an endangered species. Very few of them lives today. Their are 9 speies three of which are extinct. Bengal tiger or white tigers, South China tigers, Sumatran tigers, Indochinese tigers, Amur (Siberian) tigers, Bali, Javan and Caspian. ( the last three are extinct.) Tiger are part of the feline family. They have black strips and are most commonly ornage or a red/ orange colour. There are also hite tiger. Theses tigers had black strips and are all white.
I would like to be a tiger because being their so few it would interesting to see the live style if i were to go out into the wild. Other wise it would be to the fact i love tigers and try to adopt them to help save them and i would want to be one just for that reason to be something i love. Tigers are also my favorite animal.

airangel429
"Brilliantly done Li!" Professor Nyx told her. "10 pts for Gryffindor!" she added.

eezy45
{George Chaucer, Gryffindor}
Animagi:
I would want to transform into a fox (Vulpes vulpes). Foxes can move extremely silently and are excellent hunters. They also are defensive and a muggle wouldn't wonder about a fox crossing his garden.

Red foxes hunt by themselves, and live usually around the edge of forests.
A fully grown red fox rarely weighs over fifteen pounds.
They're good at catching mice, very good, because they can hear one squeal almost 150 yards away.

airangel429
"Good work! 8 pts for Gryff."

airangel429
I will accept no more homework assignments. I will set a new assignment for next week! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.