WTC Memorial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
What an unimaginative piece of crap! thumb down

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040105/capt.nyr10301052154.attacks_memorial_nyr103.jpg

yerssot
blink
the real one will be much bigger, right?

burlyman
laughing out loud

Tex
The New World Trade Center Tower yeah, but that's the actual memorial! sick

burlyman
so thats the memorial, wheres the new WTC blink confused huh

Raz
The actual tower will look like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/03/americas_enl_1071846345/img/1.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3333955.stm

burlyman
so are they building these on top of each other blink

Fire
just a simple golden plaque and a wall with all the names of those who died would have been enough

Tex
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/03/americas_enl_1071846345/img/1.jpg

sick sick sick

KidRock
sad

Tired Hiker
Oh yeah, I saw some short documentary on the designer of that tower, I believe he is French. The top part of the tower is all 'see through' and there's going to be all kinds of plants and organic stuff in it. I guess that way .. . oh I better not say it. embarrasment

tptmanno1
Just what I hate, Is how the WTC disaster turned into a universal cause for war. That just sucks.
But yea, that memorial just looks like the Vietman one. It needs to be Unique.

Liebeskind was the designer...yeah the tower will have a "vertical garden" as he keeps on putting it which will make it's total hieght go to 1776feet which is corny and in my opinion too short...i liked the 2,100 foot design from 2 years back much more

can prob get any more specs you want from http://www.renewnyc.com/

it won't be done till 2008 though...really freakin sucks

KidRock
the top of it is gonna be all radio antennas i heard...the world revolves around money no one gives a shit

Fire
who gives a **** wether or not the memorial is unique or not, all that really matter is that there is a memorial, the smaller the better I say

venomfan
i hope im not right..but building that might give those f*cks somthing new and bigger to fly into.

Dagons Blade
So you're saying that terrorists had a reason to commit 9-11, yet we don't have a right to fight back??? I guess America should sit back and havethe finger of accusation pointed at us again, right?

I'm going to put this a nicely, and calmly, as I can, out of respect for your feelings and opinions that you are entitled to. Just hear me out.

Are we supposed to let these guys go and destroy whenever and whatever, until they get their way and then pass go to move on to the next big act of murder??? Holy War my ass....The world blames America, and feels sorry for these idiots and wants to 'do what's right ' by negotiating with them and giving them their way so they can avoid another 9-11. .. WRONG MOVE, PEOPLE.

You people need to wake up-how will supplicating murderers insure our safety? How do you know that such an unstable mindset will keep a promise after they get their way? How can anyone feel sorry for a group of assholes who beat and murder women for showing their faces, or for just speaking, among other things that are to many to mention?

The Taliban and Al-Qaeda, are opium addicted head cases who use an imagined model of Arabic Islam at the time of Muhammad to elevate themselves as 'Talib' or 'Students Of God' of which they are nothing of the sort. They are architects of fear.....wo have gone unchecked for too long, and if we don't stop them now, we will pay a much larger price later.

They disgrace their religion and it's true followers with violence, which is forbidden in real Islam. And they have committed numerous acts of violence against the people they swear to protect.

Anyone who still feels sorry for these guys, go out and get the book 'Taliban' by Ahmed Rashid, and ask yourself if you can still feel the same after you read about what whack jobs these people really are, and this includes Al-Qaeda as well.

That's all I have to say. Except that 9-11 was the last straw, and it's time that they be held accountable. Live by the sword, DIE by the sword.
9-11 was totally unprovoked, regardless of ANYTHING that may have fueled it. But yet they have a right to do what they did, right? WRONG.

Dagons Blade
BTW-they should just leave Ground Zero as it is, and not build
over it...that is sacred ground, and they can cover it up with as
much perfume as they want, but someone is making money off of this 'memorial'.

I agree that a simple plaque with the names of the victims would suffice, with perhaps a visitors' enter off ground and adjacent, but not ON, Ground Zero. But as long as they all see dollar signs, I suppose that it will go the other way....sad

Fire
Guys NO POLITICS
if anyone wants to talk Politics PM me big grin

mechmoggy
I second that, no politics because: -

1. It usually leads to arguments
2. I don't understand them too well

Dagons Blade
Sorry about that.....didn't know. Just as long as you know I wasn't trying to stir up trouble on purpose. Just saying that no one entity can be totally to blame for another's ills, real or pretend. Anyhow, I'll stop here, and again, sorry for the breach of rules. cool

mechmoggy
No biggy, we just found politics talk led to bad blood between members.

Fire
lol well I haven't replied to your post for that reason, I don't really agree with ya there dragon

Dagons Blade
Tell me about it.....I was one the targets of about 95% of the non-American sector at www.ttlg.com because of my views, which were
very much along the same respectful lines I adhered to in this thread.

People at ttlg.com were allowed to speak their mind and say whatever about America, but the minute Americans tried to defend and explain, it wasn't good enough and theyused it to antagonize and anger any American on the board...and I was banned for refusing to apologize to some idiot who made a very DIS-tasteful remark about my Native American ancestry.

But then again with a name like GingerBreadMan, Ihad to ask myself what kind of idiot I would have been apologizing to, it shows me that good and bad exists on both sides...as well as the need to antagonize and irritate for no good reason. ttlg.com is a halfway house for bullies..

Dagons Blade
Not going on about it, Mechmoggy, but how would you feel if a guy told you that his grandfather was at Wounded Knee, and still had the tobacco pouch he made out of your great great grandmother's vagina???
(referring to the Wounded Knee massacre and the aftermath, and this is historically documented as well.)

THAT WAS RUDE, and I didn't have to take that..yet I got banned for slamming him back..my whole point is that you guys are civil here,and not one sided. And that's what makes a true human, not a race, a religion, or whatever...anyhow, thanks for hearing me out, I appreciate it. A LOT smile

mechmoggy
That does sound very harsh, sounds like you're better off out of that place.

Fire
hehe

Dagons Blade
Again, I'm going to respectfully speak my mind, and then I will say no more...you may ban me if you wish, but at least see that I tried to speak with the utmost respect for the situation...and that I never attacked you personally, OK? Now then...let's agree to disagree:

You have a right to your opinion, but the better person looks at both sides....I understand that you're Belgian, and that you saw 2 world wars in one century, but that really dosen't give YOU, or anyone else, the right to engage in this overwhelmingly Anti-American BS you've been slinging lately. You guys don't understand the potential here.....

Any one of the European countries could EASILY be come the next
9-11 if you say or do the wrong thing to piss the extremists off. That is why they are extremists....theytake their ownpath and anyone who is in it, becomes a target....no matter WHO they are.

I'm trying to keep my cool but this IS pissing me off a bit, and I know you're a mod but that shouldn't stop ME from having MY say, when someone else is allowed to say that 9-11 was an excuse for war.....You didn't want this thread to be political, you should have closed it the minute the other guy said what HE said: This thread was about the WTC memorial, not an excuse for war.

You forget that all the GOOD America has done in the past: We forgave every European country her debt after WW2, (and that includes Belgium) as well as holding NATO together and helping to end communism. And we effectively avoided WW3. We worked together...no reason why we can't again in the future.

We also propped up the French economy in 1956, and all we got was shit and shoved in it...you KNOW we did, and you guys can and should speak a little more kindly of us...we train and help maintain the military of all of the former Soviet republics to ensure they can fight back if need be....all I'm telling you, AND the Euro block, is to stop this severe case of myopia you guys have developed since WW2 and get with it....just because you suffered 2 World Wars in one century dosen't give you the right to slam America for what WE do to preserve freedom, from threats that are real OR percieved.

A lot of Anti-Americanism is popular because it's like drugs or alcohol-
it makes you 'look cool.' And if that's the reason why you guys are so against us, then I'll say it right out-you're wrong too.

My personal belief is that your collective leaders play 'Anti-American' so it makes them popular enough to get another term in office....why risk the cold hard world when you can defame someone by playing on the anger of the populace to win votes for another comfy term in office?

It makes YOUR politicians no better than OURS.....so my advice, respectfully submitted, is for you guys to get off YOUR high horses as well....France, Belgium, whoever, are no better than anyone else..

And if you say you don't agree with me about the Taliban, well let me ask you-do you think it's right to beat and kill women men for simple mistakes? I certainly hope you don't...and I think I know you better than that....prove me right. If you lived under their rule, forced to cover your face or threatened with death for pursuing education, you might have a diferent opinion, and be glad someone came to help you out.

I may risk being banned because I have offended a mod or two, but I really don't agree with YOU either Fire....and i would appreciate it if your leaders in Europe would stop disrespecting us, esp. when we haven't done anything to you. Are we going wo war with you because you disagreed with me? NO.....will we attack an ally? NO......

Anyway I'm done, you may ban me if you wish, but don't diss me for defending my country-you may not agree with all America does, but that makes you no better when you start this anti-American BS.....that's all I have to say and thanks for listening.

DB

mechmoggy
Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.