Violent video games are training children to kill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
The stupidest argument I've ever seen. Go retaliate to this blatant attack on videogames and over generalization of games! I did... I'm the last post. Videogames cannot and are not training kids to kill. If everyone that bought GTA was a future murderer, we'd all be screwed, that's sold over a million copies.
http://www.heraldnet.com/Stories/03/11/18/17748407.cfm

nazgulinthedark
violent games thumb down

DracotheDragon
Yea, really JKozzy. That is so stupid..... GTA, man, we are SCREWED (if that were true, that argument)! Its just a violent version of fun... nothing to be scared of....evil face

JKozzy
It's also fun for another reason: would you rather people massacre innocent ppl in this game on your black consule, or have you actually do it? I rest my case.

DracotheDragon
If we didn't have violent games, then we wouldn't be america (for people that live in america)! I love the DOOM series on PC! I have a shitload of extra levels I downloaded from the net and I still haven't played them all.... Violent games is just violent fun!evil face

Tex
moving...

Tex
Violent video games aren't training children to kill! thumb down

SilverFighter
OMG when will this ppl ever QUIT!!!!! Video Games don't promote violence or killing on anyone. Whoever, behind this BS needs to get a life. VIDEO GAMES ARE A HOBBY NOT A TOOL FOR MURDER!!!!! mad miffed

JKozzy
Here here! yes

Crash Overload
FINALLY SOMEBODY ELSE WHO LIKSE DOOM!!!! I love Wolfeinstein 3D... the origianl... I make my own Levels / games using the engine. Back On topic, Has Anybody seen The "First person Shooter" Thingy on T.V.? It is about the same thing. eccept with addiction to the P.C.

Crash Overload
Just think About this: Soon enough the last generation will die off. Giving US aboslute power.

BackFire
I consider anyone who says that violent video games train /make / promote real violence a complete retard with very little, or no common sense whatsoever.

They are just people looking for an easy target, a solution that isn't actually valid, as if if we took away all violent games, violence with children would simply go away. It's all nonsense.

Crash Overload
I just added my 2 cents...

Trinity_Matrix
Common sense, people. Playing GTA doesn't make you into a mass-murderer. I play GTA, and no one sees me running around on a killing spree, right? It's all crap. Most people can tell that there's a difference between a game and real life. But I also think that kids (like under 12) should be allowed to play GTA and Doom and games like that...because most kids at that age still don't clearly see the difference between what's reality and what's a game.

SaTsuJiN
Video games dont kill people... Lack of common sense does

juggernaut26
well here's how i look at it violent games cannot tend to give someone killer tenancies BUT if a tenancy is already there i think it can feed it til they do get it into there head enough to do some retarded thing

BackFire
Why is everyone always trying to find a convenient excuse, whatever happend to just being crazy?

Darth Jello
i agree that the joe leiberman's and sam brownback's that make this argument about games and music and all that crap are full of it and just want publicity and to push their own agenda.

however, playstation has a contract with the military where they do make and put out games that train soldiers to kill and really do desensitize them to violence and are full of subliminal messages and that stuff. they are then remade and repackaged for the domestic market. do they leave the subliminal messages in? i don't know but considering the C*%#smokers in the white house right now I wouldn't doubt it.

wicker_man
Games, Music, Films even books all have been used as scape goats to put these type of issues onto.

Dagons Blade
You my friend, have just won the award for the truest and most misunderstood statement in the world-you are 200% correct that irresponsibility kills, be it a gun, a car, whatever.....and for the record,
I am going to turn 41 this year, and I LOVE PC and console gaming, because I was brought up in the dawn of the video game era, and I will probably die like the big kid that I am. Games do NOT kill!

Games, guns, whatever, do not kill-people, and their lack of reality or their lack of responsibilty, are what kills, and while this is true, the people these types hurt more than any other, is themselves......

Linkalicious
Sadly i must quote Vin Diesel in XXX (very sadly)

"They're video games Dick! So stop being a dick Dick!"

Video games relieve stress and vent frustration that would otherwise be used fighting or doing violent things. How many of us have had a bad day at work or school and were about to go crazy but just ended up going home to take our frustration out on the poor citizens of Vice City?

§pearhead
Im sure you noticed the subtle sarcasm that kozzy left that "distraught parent". (i wrote those parts big grin) shes so goddamn worried about her kids being introduced to violent games, she can't even get it through her thick skull that her kids don't want to play them...so why's she do damn worried? I'd say it's the damn soccer moms that try and filter out the violence, sex, and swears out of things thats the problem...not the games.

Linkalicious
i agree...

JKozzy
So true.

§pearhead
"politically correct" is an oxymoron, why dont the acknowledge it as one?

el_barto
here is all that i am going to say these games are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY what does this guy think that US the kids are thinking in our mind GOTTA KILL SAW IT IN A VIDIO GAME GOTTA KILL i know i dont think about that these games are made to ENTERTAIN US not to make us killers

Linkalicious
kinda makes you wonder.....do people who play EA 1st person shooters end up as better soldiers than guys who have never played a video game? I know i've never fired an assault rifle in real life, but pwning those games makes me think that'd i'd be a pretty good soldier. Well i'm sure i'd be a better soldier than 90% of our military because every person i know that has joined the armed service is 1/2 retarded. They go to the military because they are too ignorant for college and not athletic enough to play sports. Not to put down any military folks here, but everyone i knew from high school that went into the military was both dumber and less athletic than myself. :2 cents:

el_barto
amen

Linkalicious
amen to that Satsujin n barto. and there's always the x-factor of having screwed up parents that abuse and neglect their children. I'm sure that makes them less than "in touch with reality."

JKozzy
Amen to everyone that agrees with me! stick out tongue

§pearhead
...that was kinda pointless.

Voorhees
If everyone is going to complain that videogames make people killers then they mayaswell blame movies aswell. And those games at the carnival where u have to shoot the clown in the mouth and the balloon gets inflated by the water........

Crash Overload
okay, I just wonder, WHO where the 3 people how put down as "Futur Murderers"? i just wonder.

Darth Jello
well, if you threw a cartridge or game disc with enough force at the right place no a person's body...then they could kill

§pearhead
If you're gonna blame games, you might as well blame the friggin news. After all, there's an f-ing war going on.

JKozzy
Damn soccer moms stick out tongue

JKozzy
This is true. I cut myself with a broken AOL cd and bled a lot --- should I go sue the company for my ignorance? No! It's my choice. Just like people can choose to accept or reject games. It's not the manufactorer's fault, only your own.

§pearhead
Erm...jello, what does this have to do with the violent nature of games?

DracotheDragon
Like "soccer moms" have any real clue about how life works. I mean, without these games, people would vent their frustration on others without thinking about it because they need to get their anger out. I need to vent my anger out on games like the GTA series and Super Smash Bros. Melee, because without them, I would kill someone. JKozzy and everyone here is right, like these games kill.

Linkalicious
You know what's worst than a Cartridge or a CD, how about the damn packaging that accessories come in. Like extra controllers or AV outputs. You know, that clear plastic that has been glued/bonded to itself. I've cut my hands trying to rip those mother f-ers open countless times. Thank god for Bob Vila's handy cutting shears, i was about to go buy a blow torch.

Darth Jello
I was making an ironic joke, and for the record, if the cartridge or packaging features a sharp, rusty, serrated edge as part of the promotional theme packaging you could sue.

btw, link is the most powerful game character cause being hit in the back with a zelda 2 cartridge really hurt.

Crash Overload
if you read my post in the other forum, THIS is what I am talking about.

el_barto
WOAH!

DracotheDragon
Hmmm.... Gee, violence, feel the love!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.