Where were the Dwarves in LOTR????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElvesRule24/7
Man I was kinda sad that no dwarves fought in LOTR. Granted Gimli ( dont know if I spelled that right) was pretty cool, but it would have been cool to see the dwarves open up a can of woop-ass. Was it because most of them died in Moria??? that could not of been all of them?

Thanks to anyone that responds.

Suzuka
All the ones in Moria had died, yes, and all the ones in the Misty Mountains near Mirkwood were busy fighting with the men there, but no one "of importance" was there, so they didn't go into it in the movies...if you're wondering why the elves came in TTT, well, they don't come in the books, so don't worry about it smile

Kitoky
Yeah all the dwarves were starting to die out once they dug into the earth and came upon the Balrog. The dwarves usually lived around the Misty Mountains. Gimli is the ONLY dwarf alive now.

The only dwarf woman that was mentioned in the books was a woman named Dis.

Suzuka
actually, don't you remember that Gimli leaves with Legolas after Aragorn and and Merry and Pippin died? (Frodo and Sam and Gandalf had already gone to the havens) Legolas builds a boat and takes Gimli with him across the sea, the last of the fellowship, very sad sad

SlipknoT
To bad dwarves kick major ass

Exa

orlandoOYEA
I read somewhere after the War of the Ring that Gimli built a dwarf kingdom in the Glittering Caves under Helms Deep. I think it was in on of David Days Books

Exa
Yes that's correct... he settled there with others because he loved the richness of the Mountains there (the Thrihyrne, I think)

FreddieFreeload
There's Dwarves around, their tale just isn't told in LoTR. Both the dwarves and elves are mentioned in the books (though we see the elves a bit more), but they are definately alive and kicking. When the Dunedain catch up with Aragorn at Dunharrow (scene not in the movie), Legolas and Gimli are talking about their own people not sending reinforcements, and Legolas says something along the lines of "They do not need to march to war, war is already marching to their own borders".
They haven't died out, but their race had been weakened by the loss of Moria. The dwarves beneath the Lonely Mountain still lived on as far as I know.

Fire
if you want dwarves just read: The hobbit it's full of dwarves. and ofc there are dwarves in middle earth around WR time

ElvesRule24/7
ahhhhhhhh coo coo

Discos
I am mis-led, I was not under the reason to believe that Gimli was the last surviving Dwarve after the war of the ring, can anyone clear this up (not that I am calling you a liar Kitoky)

Phoenix
I think the main reason for them not appearing in the film was that they weren't in the books that much. If Peter Jackson fulfils his promise of making The Hobbit, you'll get to see lots of Dwarves

sauron
they WERE at helms dep, helping men, you dont think the dwarves would let some nancey men in tights (excluding haldir) take all the glory, unfortunately there attempts were in vain as no-one knew they were there

yes you guessed it DWARVE HUMOUR

Exa
Many of them were living in the Blue Mountains at the western coast of middle-earth, had a city there. also in the grey mountains and some near dunland

howie
When Hobbit the movie comes out, we'll see a full out war with drarves, men, elves, orcs, and eagles.. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.