AOTC and EPIII Music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
i must say one of my biggest dissapointments with TPM was the soundtrack. there was far too little of the score from the original movies. sure, there were a few hints, now and then, but all in all, the soundtrack was completely different. and i find that rather odd for something that is supposed to be one 12 hour long movie. dont get me wrong, i love duel of the fates, but what about the rest of the soundtrack? i understand the Imperial march obviously couldnt be in there because there was no empire, but there was no reason i can see not to have the "jedi theme" or the main theme that plays at the end of the movie. im not sure what its called but its the most recognizable. it was all throughout the original movies when luke was kicking ass, but we just get a snippet of it when we see "directed by george lucas" at the end of TPM. i see no reason for that.

what is everybodys predictions for AOTC and EPIII. will GL have John williams use the same basic themes as in TPM, or will the music from the OT gradually be used more and more?

Julie
Patience my dear, Big....
I think when the empire comes around.....the Imperial march will be ressurected smile

Personally I liked TPM soundtrack. It was good w/o reusing too much old material.....but I do think you'll get you wish in AotC and Ep III big grin

bigsef2
actually, although i greatly regret not using the same music throughout, i would prefer gl NOT to ressurect the old soundtrack. i dont like the whole "gradual progression to epsidoe IV" ideas about how the movies will be. it makes the prequel trilogy seem more like it only exists to set up the OT. id much rather the prequel be its own thing. sure, in the end, its one 12 hour long movie, but with two separate, and distinct parts. the OT is to "closed" to interfere with.

yerssot
A piece of the Imp. March is used in the Anakin theme...

And Dual of the Fates is used in EpII (watch one of the trailers for that)

Julie
hmmm..I see your point....however...the Imerpial march or some rendition of it might be used....just to tie the movies together.

bigsef2
yeah, you can hear the music in the trailers, but that doesnt necessarily mean anything. if you look at the old TPM trailers, they had the imperial march in them... but i agree that duel of the fates is a theme that will be in all the prequel trilogy movies.

yerssot
ok ... get the dvd and watch the comment of GL, he clearly said that Duel will be in EpII

bigsef2
i didnt dispute that at all. i just said that the fact that its in the trailer doesnt prove anything because the imperial march was in the TPM trailer

yerssot
and I tell you that he said it on the DVD!

Julie
i didn't know that, but it's an interesting observation.

bigsef2
ok, so its on the dvd. i still dont seem to see where were are disagreeing.

yerssot
Don't know, just wanted to say it again and again smile

bigsef2
hey, lets choose some post and just say the same things over and over again and see how bad we can piss ush off

Julie
evil face that's cruel.

bigsef2
its be funny though. all these people going to the thread, being like, wow, look at these dumb-asses. they keep saying the same stuff.

Ushgarak
The Imperial March WAS in there. In a form. Anakin's theme IS the Imperial March, altered. The idea is taht as time goes by it will become more and more like the Imperial March. So we will listen keenly to the ep.ii version.

And the main theme from the end of the movie... that IS there, isn't it?

yerssot
ok, I already told the imp march and anakins theme!

bigsef2
yes, as i said, all the themes from the OT are in TPM in a FORM, just not in their former glory. and the one at the end of the movie IS there at THE END of TPM, not in parts DURING the movie, as it was on the OT.

yerssot
a snippet as someone said from the imp march was in Anakins theme

bigsef2
yes, as i said, all the themes from the OT are in TPM in a FORM, just not the whole things. this includes anakins theme having a bit of the imperial march

queeq
So, in a way, JW should rewrite the Imperial music for ANH. evil face

yerssot
it's not because it's not there that it is needed...

queeq
It'll be in all movies but that one...

yerssot
perhaps ...
well... GL himself said that Duel will be back smile that's better!

queeq
Yes, DOTF will last until Ep3. Probably to accompany the duel between Anakin and OB1.

And for sure the Imp March will NOT be in ANH, because it isn't. And it IS part of Anakin's theme.

bigsef2
Interesting, i never really noticed that the imperial march wasnt in ANH. I always just assumed it was. Ill have to pay closer attention the next time i watch it.

yerssot
I wonder... why make DOTF till ep III and then it's not in the next three

bigsef2
according to the dvd, DOTF is very "religious" in a sense. and thats because we have this big jedi religion thats still very much alive and even "in its prime" so to speak. you have the appearance of a threat to this established organization, which is its polar opposite. DOTF is perfect for such a dramatic conflict of good vs evil, and the dark brooding tone of the song almost suggests that evil will win. By ANH, the jedi are all but extinct. that conflct no longer exists, atleast in its grand form. It would be out of place in the OT. OT has more "hopeful" music.

yerssot
what about Luke vs Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.