"Best Christmas Day Ever!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Well that describes our Christmas Day, how was yours?

finti
we do it on christmas eve, christmas day is more like new years day; quiet and boring

Ratcat
What, no Turkey?

Texas
Christmas was fine, great food is what I look forward to nowadays, too old to get excited about presents. Watched the Godfather on TNN from 3pm to 10pm. eek!

Ushgarak
Nice, but tiring.

Ratcat
Today hasn't been too bad either. Too much rich food though, I think a nice green salad tomorrow... (Yeah, right!)

finti
Actually we had Turkey on christmas day, a more Norwegian custom is rib or some kind of steakes, fish(cod).
Christmas eve it is sheep meat prepeared in a traditional West Norwegian way. Rib in the eastern part and some choose fish(cod)

Gundark
Tommy bought me an HP printer/scanner/copier. Woo-hoo !!!

I made turkey dinner on sunday. We had ham at his mom's on Christmas Eve, sang Christmas carols, opened presents then went to 10:30 Mass which used to be midnight Mass, but they changed it a couple of years ago cause nobody could stay up, including Father John !! Hehehe.

Then on Christmas Day, went to my parents for another ham dinner. Scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, ham gravy like velvet, green beans, baby peas with those little onions in them, homemade coleslaw, rolls....for dessert I made a cappacino cheesecake with chocolate drizzed on top, chocolate covered espresso beans and crushed almonds. Mom made a scratch cream chocolate cake, a blueberry crumb pie and my sister brought a pumpkin pie. My sister in law brought peanut butter fudge and Christmas cookies.

Got milk ?

queeq
Okay that's it! Next year I'm having Christmas at Gundy's.

Ratcat
Guess Gundy will be on a diet in the New Year...

Me too!!!!! laughing out loud

queeq
We'll keep score of the Fat-O-Meter. big grin

finti
and then it is work again, sad and I have to work new years day as well. Guess this new years eve gonna be a dry one. well have to go out on sunday then, live and Monika aint back until Monday and Im off work that day. So 16:00 hr on sunday it is party up and bring me some beers and then more beers. big grin

queeq
Just stay drunk, who'd know the difference?

yerssot
his breath

finti
my breath knows the difference????? you know we got something called tooth paste in Norway, you should try it Yers it is quite refreshing big grin

yerssot
really???
You have that in Norway????

Padawan_Learner
My Christmas day was so and so, as finti first said, quiet and boring.

queeq
Same here.

Ratcat
Quiet and Boring is good.

When I think of the possible alternatives I could have had then quiet and boring was just what I wanted. big grin

yerssot
so the best christmas day ever could also be you sleeping the whole time?

Ratcat
No, not really.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Sounds like heaven. big grin

yerssot
Rat, what I heared about your best christmas day ever is that it has to be quiet and boring... so I thought sleeping would be the best solution...

queeq
Works for me.

Ratcat
Clearly people of very little imagination. wink

Gundark
Okay, how about this. I'll win the lottery, buy a big house in the country, fly everybody there in May, we'll go to the premiere of ep2 and RC and I will do all the cooking.

But queeq and I get to sleep on the slab together. evil face

queeq
Didn't like the plan until I read the last line. I'm in! big grin

Gundark
Ooooooo......hope we get a big thunderstorm.....

queeq
And snow.... and deep sub zero tempratures. big grin

Ratcat
And a final note.

It wasn't me who said their Christmas was Quiet and Boring...

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

queeq
We never said you did.

yerssot
you just said that was good...

I hope that you buy tickets from first class!

Gundark
Yes, first class of course. Slipper and champagne.

RC, you needn't shout, dear. We can hear you. wink

yerssot
we only get one slipper? sad
And with wich airline? (Sabena will give you problems, you know smile)

Ratcat
Yers Did... stick out tongue

All I said Yers was that quiet and boring is good. Neither applied to my christmas though.

yerssot
I like to make stupid assumptions...

So I take your christmas was adventurous and wonderfull?

Ratcat
Just proving the point there huh??? laughing out loud

Actually no, it was peaceful and homely.

yerssot
but definitly not boring...?

Ratcat
Definately not.

And when I think of what it could have been.... laughing out loud

queeq
Better luck next year.

yerssot
*in Lukes whining voice*
But that's a whole other year!

queeq
Just one more season. big grin

Ratcat
I meant it could have been crappy but it wasn't so I don't need to wait. big grin

yerssot
yeah! Let's celebrate christmas again next month!
Mah and finti can get the tree...

Gundark
Thats what you said when Biggs and Tank left.

yerssot
Tank? that's not what he said...?

Julie
getting back to the subj.....I had a great christmas.....I went to church on christmas eve...then slept....then got up......and open my brand new x-box and Obi-wan....wasted the rest of the day playing the game for endless hours smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.