Who should play...? [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

funkyham
i wish i could have been the one to cast the third harry potter film i would have asked orlando bloom to play lupin and hugh jackman to play sirius ( if he could pull off the accent ok ) hmmm how great would that have been...... i am absolutly gutted about sirius i felt a bond growing throughout the book and i feel i've lost him in real life. he can't be gone, no please, bring him back, jk do the right thing

unibrow
jackman is an aussie so i dont think it would be too hard for him to pull of the accent....and orlando bloom? hes like 23..dream on girl...

sk8stuff09
how old is lupin??? on the back of the order he looks like an old man

LilyGinnyBlack
I say Sirius and Remus are around thirty-five in the fifth book. They were probably born a year or two before my parents or on the year my parents were born, so yeah! big grin

airangel429
that sounds about right.

envision
sk8stuff........did u say that on the back of book 5 shows lupin? coz on the back it shows the fountain statues......im confused confused

Sephiroth02
dont forget that lupin looks old and sick cuz he's a werewolf

VampVicious
he doesnt look old.. dont remember it's mentioned dat he looks old. he has some white hair ( I think.. T__T i've read it sumwhere) n he always looks PALE..

Seraph
I think gary oldman is very well casted. And i thought it would be cool if bloom plays Bill the old brother from ron. I think hes a little to young to play lupin. But bill is young, and he seems to be not that ugly and he has long hairs. and you know, orlando looks good with long hairs.

Sephiroth02
when i said old i ment older than he really is

watadrive
lupin is being played by David thewlis and sirius is Gary oldman. if you don't believe me go to imdb.com. it has the list of the castings

charmaine
your right watadrive those are the proper castings but i wish that christian bale played siruis black

jennyanderson
Here's another proof of how terrible Warner Brother's choice really is at selecting actors to play in the Harry Potter movies: they are now considering Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) to play Voldemort, I mean how pathetic is this! Honestly I think, they'v really lost it, Rowan Atkinson, Voldemort????? Geez, I agree he should make a perfect Voldemort (says it sarcastically).
Anyway, I suggest they select Arnold Voslo (The Mummy) to play Voldy, what do you guys suggest?

airangel429
WHAT........HE WOULDN'T BE A GOOD VOLDEMORT.......... What about doc from back to the future...he played the bad guy in Roger Rabbit too! big grin

Christopher Lloyd, that's his name.

Linkalicious
William DaFoe (sp?) that guy rocks. He was the green goblin in spiderman and the voice of the scar-ed up aquarium fish in "finding nemo." Since the odds are that his face will either be mostly CGI or covered in makeup i don't think people would notice. Christopher Lloyd would be really good too. Who played his voice from the sorcerer's stone movie? I think it would be best to stick with one voice across all the movies and that voice was pretty wicked.

airangel429
????? I dunno who should play him......I thought there was someone already playing him?? The person from the 1st movie...but they really didn't show much of him........

HEY THE GUY WHO PLAYS FREDDY WOULD MAKE A GOOD VOLDEMORT!! laughing out loud

jennyanderson
Er, actually the guy who played Voldemort was the same dude who was playing Quirell, and he is way too innocent looking. Hey, how about Michael Doughlas as Voldemort? He certainly looks cold hearted!

And Airangel, are you talking about Freddy Kruger? Yeah, that guy also seems perfect for Voldy, and simply loved him in Freddy vs Jason, actually the thought of Jason having a mentor/superior, and Freddy being scared of Jason was simply funny, and had to watch it, it made the movie a lot less scary you know.

airangel429
I haven't seen Freddy vs Jason...guess I should though. But yeah...he's a real BAD guy! smile

Also, when Quirrel played lord v.....it wasn't lord v...the back side of him was lord v.....he was just borrowing quirrel's body. It was still what Quirrel's character had looked like.

belldandy

Luna150
Mr bean is too well known as a comedy actor and if they even THINK about making voldermort *funny* for the children I will burn down all the warner brovas. He is ment to be really evil but no matter who plays him they will have to wear sum kind of mask. The face of voldermort in the 1st film looked nothing like how he was described in the book. He is ment to be chalk white with slits for a nose and red eyes. HEY get micheal jackson with red contact lenses lol

airangel429
haha! MJ

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
Michael Jackson wont work.. ther r children on the set.. he mite molest dan or tom..lol.. j/k

LindsIsTightK
How bout Anthony Hopkins? He sure is scary enough confused

airangel429
yeah!

Lyn
Arnold Voslo (The Mummy) sounds good to me...great idea jennyanderson thumb up

Aqua
I agree on the mummy guy

LindsIsTightK
Me and airangel are thinking along the same path big grin

firenze
I think that they should get Anthony Hopkins to play Voldermort coz hes pretty scary, i mean being hannibal and evrything u no eek!

punkyhermy
HEY PPL WHO DO YOU GUYS THINLK SHOULD PLAY TONX?
I THNK KIEARA KIHTHELY CAN PLAY HER PERFECTLEY, I RAELIZED THAT AFTER WATCHING HER PLAY IN BEND IT LIKE BECHAM WITH SHORT HAIR. big grin

hmmm. maybe....

Kitoky
Keira Knightly....hmmm I can't really picture that.

Miss Unknown
Neither can I.....

airangel429
I think she's already been filled...I can't remember her name...but there was a thread about this awhile back....

Joy2dWorld
i think she should be played by at least 2 to 3 different actresses! remember she changes her appearance every now and then!

Think they should be (random thoughts) Geri Halliwell, Kirsten Dunst & Pink - how's that! laughing

danis4ever
You really are very addicted to Spiderman aren't you... but you've got a point!

Miss Unknown
Pink....not a bad idea.

bLooMiLiCioUs
not keira knightly - too staightlaced!!laughing out loud
pink eh?not a bad ideayes

punkyhermy
pink naahhhh she is fat and the way they drew tonx in the books is skinny.
kirsten can also do it but i always pictured kiera so...

bLooMiLiCioUs
keira's sssoo straightlaced!!!!!!i can't imagine HER with shockin ppink hair n stuf!!

Miss Unknown
I can't imagine her with pink hair either......I've never seen the picture of Tonks in the book.

Kitoky
We mustn't cast Kristin Dunst as Tonx!! That wouldbe tragic!! because Daniel Radcliffe fancies Kristin Dunst!! We mustn't do it!! Precioussssssssssssssssssss

Joy2dWorld
that's exactly why i thought of her!

besides, wouldn't it be great to have special guest stars in the movie? like American actors joining the British cast, that would be fun! I bet Dan would be so nervous working with her but he'd be so happy too.

IBTonks
um, i don't think having different actresses play her is a good idea, caus she can't change her entire appearence, just the colour and style of her hair and the colour of her eyes, etc! both can be done by a hair dresser and contact lenses!

BarmyBrummie
I just found out that Mr. Beans Rowan Atkinson is going to play Lord Voldemort in the 4th movie. Has anyone else read that and what do you think about him playing voldermort?

No, I haven't read that, but that would be classic!!!laughing

daeri
I don't think he will play in the fourth movie, that would be just weird.. he isn't the voldemort type

Joy2dWorld
if ever, maybe as Peter Pettigrew.. yeah! in fact, in mind's eye, first time I read about Pettigrew, I pictured him as looking exactly like Rowan!

Phoenix
I... don't think he'd work as Voldemort

BarmyBrummie

Aww thats sadsad He was treated for depression? Poor dude. Good for him getting this role!!

*Danii*
Yeah, but I still can't imagine him as Voldemort.

Well, maybe, if he had a LOT of make-up on!

Linkalicious
I saw the guy who's supposed to play Pettigrew and he's just how i imagined him. Actually i think i saw the picture on this site...just check Harry Potter section on the main page. And I don't see why Rowan wouldn't be able to be Voldemort...They're obviously going to tweak his voice to sound a little more snake-like and he did a whole movie saying nothing at all except 1 time he said "Magic!" in his goofy Mr. Bean voice. Make up does wonders now days...

*Danii*
Yeah, I suppose.

sauron
http://www.freeserve.com/entertainment/specialreport/000EDC99-D910-1FFB-8D0180AC13220000.htm?linkfrom=entertainment&link=GenArtMainChannel1_title&article=ENTharryrowan

Rowan Atkinson to play Lord Voldemort!

Rowan Atkinson has reportedly been lined up to play Lord Voldemort in the next Harry Potter movie.

The Sun says the Mr Bean actor will become the personification of evil in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

The newspaper quotes an insider as saying: "It's a very major career change for Rowan. He has been looking to spread his wings and branch out into other roles."

Atkinson, recently treated for depression, would be the first human incarnation of Voldemort who so far has only been seen in spirit form.

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grinty and Emma Watson will return as Harry, Ron and Hermione when filming starts on the fourth film in April.

The third movie, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is due for release on June 4.

Aqua
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sauron
i think he looks the part myself big grin

i hope to god that he is picked

Aqua
Voldemort cant be funny though.....

squeaky
I'll believe it when I see it.

sauron
i read it somewhere else, unfortunately i set up ANOTHER thread....but i hope he is,,rowan is a god

i love blackadder

Candy
just say laughing laughing

i belive it when i see it...
laughing

it would be still mr. bean for me laughing laughing

nazgūl-lord
it's official he will be voldemort

sauron
MR BEAN...what about his other roles...johnny english (amazing film, because its true, bloody french big grin) or his most amazing role.....as the greatest character ever created (alongside delboy and basil fawlty that is) EDMUND.....BLACKADDER

(alot of english humour there, so usa or canada or wherever you are, you might not get them shows)

Candy
i only know mr. bean and johnny english, but mr. bean is the famousest, i think...

sauron
no blackadder...whooo i love blackadder, that is sooo good,

great philosephers the greeks, they predicted that all the worlds evil was in one small box which when opened would poison our world...hit it spot on really.....apart from the name...see they called it pandoras box when it is indeed called baldricks trousers

Rachel Riddle
i will still think of him as mr. bean as well.. i dunno, i can't imagine him in this part... i hope he doesn't get picked...

squeaky
Blackadder RULES!!!!!!!!!!

(We get BBC late at night in america on Public Television.)

sauron
oh wow...bbc has best shows ever

you seen

only fools and horses

blackadder

fawlty towers

*Danii*
Omg, I luv Blackadder, like, sooooooo funny! laughing
John Cleese in Fawlty Towers was hilarious too.

sauron
lmao ohhh we make some classics

FallenForever
my thoughts exactly. voldemort cant be like the dursley's (mean but funny) which is what im afraid he will turn voldemort into. voldemort is evil. not funny. but, idk i guess ive never seen him play a serious part. i just cant imagine him as voldemort.

FallenForever
i guess he could be good. i just cant imagine him as being this completely evil guy that you hate.

JBaueratCTU
I think Rowan would ruin the movie! I wouldn't be able to take him seriously...he is too well known as a goof-ball! The person i think would be good would be the guy from Red Dragon! Ralph Fiennes! He's British and he is coldly handsome! Furthermore being in Red Dragon he knows how to be creepy!! That's my pick...if not him then either the guy from "The Mummy" or Williem Defoe!

JBaueratCTU
I think Rowan would ruin the movie! I wouldn't be able to take him seriously...he is too well known as a goof-ball! The person i think would be good would be the guy from Red Dragon! Ralph Fiennes! He's British and he is coldly handsome! Furthermore being in Red Dragon he knows how to be creepy!! That's my pick...if not him then either the guy from "The Mummy" or Williem Defoe!

JBaueratCTU

Crash Overload
humm... I usually Stick to the OTF and Matrix Forums, but here i go...

Okay, I herd this morning on "The Last Word With Moerean Hollyway" that Roen Atkison (sp) (Mr. bean) Will have a part In the Next HArry Potter movie. The Only Face I can match him to (with a bit of make up) Is Mad Eye Moody!

I am both so happy and disgruntled with this beacsue:

Mr. Bean is The greatest

BUT

Mad Eye is my favorit Character.... And I hope he doesn't ruin the thoughness in him... But I do see him as jumpy and all.

Crash Overload
DANG! CLOSE THIS THREAD! i just scrolled down.... embarrasment

PrefectRonnykin
Rowan atkinson is still mr. bean to me i was thinking mor of a Willem Dafoe Voldy myself.

They didn't spell Rupert's last name right how dare they curse you you evil **** brains curse you!!!

PrefectRonnykin
Does anyone know who's playing peter pettigrew??

rolling on floor laughing evil face

How do you make a signature?

EOWYN3
Rumor is Timothy Spall.

http://www.killermovies.com/h/harrypotter3/articles/2685.html

PrefectRonnykin
I'd think he'd look more innocent

Binx
Here's the latest news on Rowan Atkinson. Check the site out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_3376000/3376933.stm

BellaButterfly
hahahahahahahaha!

General_Kaiden
I'm glad it's not Rowan Atkinson. Even though I respect his work (Black Adder, funny funny stuff) I would still find it funny for him, with a smarmy look on his face, point a wand at Harry and say Avada Kedavra.

General_Kaiden
I think he pretty much looks the role.

General_Kaiden
Alright, alright.

You made your point, now put it away.

Binx
Here's another site:
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/news/news.asp?story=5268

General_Kaiden
well, there you go.

PrefectRonnykin
Williem Defoe!!

Kai_Haider
no expression I can not picture his a voldy...it's not possible...

General_Kaiden
I reckon that guy who they modeld his face from in Philosophers Stone.

JBaueratCTU
Possible Candidates for Roles in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire:

Mad Eye Moody - Anthony Hopkins
Voldemort - Williem Defoe, guy from "The Mummy", or guy from "Red Dragon"(Ralph Fiennes).
Cedric Diggory - ?
Bill Weasley - Orlando Bloom maybe...he's got long hair and he's semi tall
Charlie Weasley - ?
Fleur Delacour - Kiera Knightly??
Ludo Bagman - Michael Caine
Madame Maxine - ?
Krum - ?
Karkaroff - ?

I can only come up with a few. Give me some of your ideas on who you would like to see fill those roles.

JBaueratCTU
Maybe Michael Caine for LUdo Bagman

General_Kaiden
Actually, I think Orlando Bloom would be perfect for Cedric Diggory.

and Kiera Knightly as Fleur? she's got a nice face but she's not voluptous enough, she's too skinny.

JBaueratCTU
Very true. Good call with Orlando Bloom, because i can't really see him with red hair

JBaueratCTU
Also who for Cho?

General_Kaiden
I got a great one, Bob Hoskins for Mr Crouch. Just check him out in Enemy at the Gates, oh yeah.

(Ralph Fiennes is also in Enemy at the Gates)

JBaueratCTU
totally! I think he played Smee in "Hook" a while back! He would be perfect for Mr. Crouch!

General_Kaiden
In my opinion, I think they will choose an as-of-yet unkown actress to do Cho Chang.

General_Kaiden
Was he? geeze, I haven't seen that movie in a while. Which is a pity cos thats one of my fave movies.

I don't know about Anthony Hopkins. He will always remind me of remind hannibal.

General_Kaiden
I dunno. I always imagined Ludo Bagman to be the same age to Lockhart.

JBaueratCTU
Exactly he knows how to be creepy! The first time i read the description of "Mad Eye" he is who i envisioned. Even though people will remember him as Hannibal, i think he would do an amazing job

General_Kaiden
Probably, He is a great actor though, he 's even been made a Knight for he's "entertaining".

JBaueratCTU
I think they can make him look not as old. I mean yeah he looks like he is incredibly old, but Prof. McGonagall is like 78 and she doesn't look quite that old. I think that they could pull it off

General_Kaiden
She looks alot older in Hook than she does in HP.

JBaueratCTU
She's in "Hook"? OH yeah she plays the kids' grandma or something like that doesn't she? Yeah she looks a lot younger in the HP movies...she doesn't look nearly as old as she really is!

EOWYN3
I think he looks the role. He should be looking pretty guilty when he gets changed back from a rat, don't ya think?

General_Kaiden
Actually, before the movie I imagined her to be like 50.

JBaueratCTU
So what do you think of Ralph Fiennes for Voldemort?

daeri
I don't think any of those people are gonna play in the HP4 movie.. they arn't all english.. and they are way too famous...

JBaueratCTU
which one's aren't english?

JBaueratCTU
and Gary Oldman who is playing Sirius is pretty famous if you ask me.

daeri
I never heard of him smile

JBaueratCTU
He has had some major roles in movies such as "Air Force One"

daeri
Never saw that movie.. stick out tongue

JBaueratCTU
alright...my point was simply that just because those people are famous doesn't mean they can't be those roles.

General_Kaiden
Crap, I was thinking of Joseph Fiennes, his younger brother. I've never actually seen a movie with Ralph Fiennes in it, so I can't coment on that one.

Linkalicious
i swear...you guys and your damn rumors. Did anyone stop to think what kind of person Voldy is.... He's tall n skinny, and he's going to have an almost snake-like voice, and i imagine he's going to be wearing a whole hell of a lotta make up so i'm sure it'll probably be an actor we don't even know. Rowan Atkinson...jesus! who comes up with this crap!? Next Tiny Lester Junior is going to play the part of Kreacher in HP5.

Rachel Riddle
yeah! I'm really relieved he isn't gonna play as well!
and i hope they'll pick someone, whose looks fit the description in the books...
and not someone, who is a famous comedian ... that just don't fit... i don't wanna laugh at voldemort, i wanna be scared of him! sure, Rowan Atkinson is a great actor, but he'll always be a comedian for me...

Linkalicious
Yeah except who made that official? Not his agent...

I just wish people would wait til WB or the actor/actress's agent made it official before people started rumors. 2006 baby Tiny Lester Junior to play the part of Kreacher!!!! i think i'll start a thread on this just to see if i can convince anyone...

Linkalicious
That is the PERFECT Peter Pettigrew...to the T.

squeaky
Emma Thomson is very famous. (Trelawny)

Maggie Smith is SO VERY famous. She was an original founding actress in the Royal Shakespeare Academy. She is one of the best actresses in the world. (McGonagall)

p.s. Willem Defoe is a german-american. Not a chance.

squeaky
That makes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more sense than Voldemort like some stupid rumours were saying.

Aw. Much better. He'd do that pretty well I think.

Linkalicious
I don't really care who plays what parts as long as people stop suggesting Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp for parts. Those guys are so flavor of the month that it sickens me. It's the same crap as Leo DiCaprio and Jonathan Taylor Thomas (years ago.) I just can't wait for 2 or 3 months to go by so all these fanatics have a new person to obsess over.

furious_socks
i dont think you can find an actual person to play voldy. i mean who actually looks like that or it will be a mask// digitally made or whatevr, u cant even do that to a persons face with makeup

squeaky
Agreed.

Although they are great actors (I've been following Depp's work for years.) They seem to have caught on to the "teeny bopper" set, because of Pirates of the Carribean. Which is a great film.

I see exactly what you mean though.

Linkalicious
I think that the guy they casted as Filch would have made a pretty good Mad-Eye. Just give him an electric blue eye and take a chunk outta his nose. Oh well, he already plays a perfect filch...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

squeaky
Don't oust make-up.

Make-up can do great things.

Orcs, goblins, etc from Lord of the Rings: Make-Up
Mystique from X-Men: Make-Up (when she's blue of course..)

Make-up as far as a hollywood special effect looks ten times better than CG in my opinion. It'll always look more real.

Aqua
Mr.Bean was also in Rat Race

Linkalicious
I used to think the same thing, but then i saw what they did to some of the orcs in Lord of the Rings, and now i've gotten a newly found faith in make-up. And you should see what it does to my girlfriend, or better yet, what she's like w/o it.

JBaueratCTU
On the issue of Ralph Fiennes...he played the creepy guy in "Red Dragon", also a role in "Maid in Manhatten", and also he played a really bad guy in "Schindlers List"...i think he would be perfect

JBaueratCTU
OK. Updates for possible cast members:

"Mad Eye" Moody - Anthony Hopkins (He, in my mind, is a definite)
Voldemort - Ralph Fiennes
Cedric Diggory - ?
Bill Weasley - ?
Charlie Weasley - ?
Fleur Delacour - ?
Ludo Bagman - Michael Caine
Madame Maxine - ?
Krum - ?
Karkaroff - ?
Mr. Crouch - Bob Hoskins

sauron
hey guess what Tiny Lester Junior is going to play the part of Kreacher in HP5 LMAO joke

but it wasnt Mr. Bean in rat race it was rowan atkinson, please dont call him mr bean its not his only role not even his best

Linkalicious
i can't see Anthony Hopkins with an Electric Blue magical eye, or long scaggly hair, or a big chunk outta his nose. That's a pretty far fetched one...

eskaty
You may not remember, but Atkinson's career didn't begin with Mr Bean. He's quite good at playing evil. See Blackadder II and III.

Besides, I heard this rumor was false.

I think Atkinson would be quite good as Mad Eye Moody. He can make his eyes look quite creepy.

Phoenix
I thought Rwan atkinson had already been cast as Voldemort?

Linkalicious
I'm taking complete and full credit for that call about Tiny Lester being Kreacher in HP5... So when some idiot starts a post saying that "it's official Tiny Lester Junior is going to play Kreacher" i can go in there and have a good laugh and know that i was behind it all. There's enough gullable 13 year olds in this forum that one of them might believe it.

Linkalicious
nah Phoe...if you check killermovies.com (the homepage) it says that his agent denies any and all rumors about Rowan being cast as Voldy.

Linkalicious
Originally posted by jennyanderson
Er, actually the guy who played Voldemort was the same dude who was playing Quirell, and he is way too innocent looking. Hey, how about Michael Doughlas as Voldemort? He certainly looks cold hearted!

And Airangel, are you talking about Freddy Kruger? Yeah, that guy also seems perfect for Voldy, and simply loved him in Freddy vs Jason, actually the thought of Jason having a mentor/superior, and Freddy being scared of Jason was simply funny, and had to watch it, it made the movie a lot less scary you know. [/QUOTE

Err...i was actually talking about the voice of voldemort not the actor the who's got voldy's head attached to the back of his head. And Freddy Kruger was played by Robert Englund and he's a very talented actor.

sauron
hey i was 13 once, and i wouldnt believe that, you tell them your story

i on the other hand will tell them that with voldy in the films they cant afford cg for dobby, so he is being played by gary coleman....hehehe

sauron
i dont appreciate that, mj is great

you are not alone....i am here with you...though your far apart your always in my heart...you are not alone....i am here with you....though yoiur far away....i am here to stay...for you are not alone

sauron
2 and three, what about blackadder one, or goes forth, or goes back and forth, or blackadder christmas carrol...or blackadder the cavalier years

Phoenix
There were so many Who should play...? threads that I have combined them all into one...

furious_socks
hes uglie big grin yeah good

General_Kaiden
Pfft, that is one of the most annoying things ever. People who are incredibly beautiful, saying that they think they're ugly. I mean, Jesus, many girls would kill someone to look like THAT!

PrefectRonnykin
Hehe i don't know how tall that guy is but he looks around 6 feet but hey if he smiled he wouldn't look as grumpy!

PrefectRonnykin
well i see what you mean yeah right i'm gonna shuddup lol

sauron
HIM THATS BARRY FROM AUF WEIDERSEIN PET

GEORDIE ACCENT AND ALL FOR PETTIGREW WHAT THE HELL

Laviera_j
it is him, they have finished the movie now - only editing left!

General_Kaiden
hehe, right on. By the way, LoZ rules!

General_Kaiden
She's right, Apparently filming has been completed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>