Two Thumbs Up Horror Movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
This is the forum where I give a horror movie.And the person below me has to give it two thumbs up or two thumbs down or just one thumb up(use the thumbs sign in the smilies).And then when youve answered the person above give another horror movie for the person below you to rate.And then it goes so on and so forth.

This game is knda like the HORROR ranking game.

Excorcist

Lord_Andres
how the hell do you make the thumbs? embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

samhain
like this. thumb up thumb up

samhain
sorry forgot to give my own movie.

Candyman.

Punker69
thumb up

A Nightmare on elm street

zombieman
thumb up thumb up

Cannibal Holocaust?

Punker69
havent seen.

samhain
thumb up

The Shining.

wicker_man
thumb up

Dawn of the Dead

samhain
thumb up thumb up
The serpent and the rainbow.

SlipknoT
havnt seen it

killerclowns from outer space

Nastybutlerbob
Since The serpent and the rainbow and Cannibal holocaust went unrated I will take the liberty if nobody minds. Serpent and the rainbow gets One(i dont bother with emoticons) If you read a few of my other posts you will see that i hate wes craven but I dig the reality of the zombie legend.

Canibal holocaust-there are not enough thumbs in the world.

Killer clows from outer space...definitely two-its hilarious.

Let me give the next person a film to bash
SCREAM.

HA have fun with that one.

wicker_man
Scream thumb upthumb up ~ One of the best modern slasher flicks in recent times

Amityville Horror

Nastybutlerbob
Scream is one of the best modern slasher films? I have to disagree....Big names and cliched humor do not make a great film and as to the "rules of the horror movie". Thats a crock. Horror is what it is because it has no rules only edges. What makes horror great is being able to go over the edges previously defines by other films and break into new disturbing, frightening, and thought provoking territory. Alot of horror does seem to follow a certain Formula and i think wes craven who has raped this formula many times found a way to squeeze a few more dollars out of it. Sorry for the rant..

Amityville 2 thumbs

Night of the Living dead-classic B+w version of course

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Actually i disagree Nastybutlerbob. i didn't like Scream much but it is one of the ONLY horror movies that did something that confused the audience. The poster for the movie had Drew Barrymore on it (if u can remember). And people (EVERYONE) thought she was the main character of the movie. In conclusion, she dies in less than 5 minutes in start of movie. I dont remember any other movies diong this at the time.

Two Thumbs UP for Night of Living Dead

Leprechaun 2

Nastybutlerbob
hock3yhorror...you just copletely blew my mind. You disagreed to something i said so you replied to it in a calm intelligent debate style post. This is the first forum i have ever joined whre it seems all members are opinionated but polite and respectful of others. Damn dude. Mind completely blown.

BackFire
Scream isn't as much a horror movie as it is a spoof, everyone should know this by now. Craven made it as a spoof, but it had some damn fine "jump scenes" which startled many viewers, so they percieved it as an actual horror movie.

Anyway, I love Scream, I think the first one is one of the more unique movies in the horror genre, it was the first to really mock the horror genre while still retaining some good, genuinely creepy moments. It's a fun film to watch and I find it one of the most entertaining horror movies of recent memory.

It's a shame though, that movie started the modern horror crap films like I know what you did last summer and the sequels that nearly destroyed the horror genre, only now, with releases like Cabin Fever, and the amazing 28 days later and the borderline horror film Irreversible is horror finally coming back into the spotlight

Nastybutlerbob
we seem to be in the great phase of the horror cycle recently...in my opinion it goes like this....

Beginning of the cycle, groundbreaking new shit hits the shelf,
Phase 2 Mostly failed new ideas and riders (spinoffs and ripoffs made to make a profit on another films success)
Phase three Riders die out and the scene is in a doldrum.
This cycle can go for a period of many years...for example...you did make a point in your arguments about scream...so lets use it(although still hating wes craven)

Scream comes out- Phase one
Phase two- I know what you did last summer, urban legends and sequels of the two flood vidoe stores with attractive big names and flashy posters.
Phase three, it seems society has had its fill of horror...a few stragglers appear but nothing new is produced for the most part.
After phase three society complains about no new horror and the begin to create new shit IE 28 days later, Cabin Fever, Wrong turn. All good stuff, now Im sure we will see a handful of mediocre schlock films and then the scene will recede for a short time.

Too off topic but dont worry, I'll fix it.

Night of the Livung Dead Millenium anniversary...the one with new score and new scenes..personally i think it was a travesty....John Russos brutal violation of a masterpiece. dont let the cool packaging and extras fool you..

ragesRemorse
yeah the title millineum anniversary edition is just a way to get you to pay an extra ten dollars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.