Professor Auchar's Charms Class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
What is Charms?

It is the most traditional of all the magics - the one skill which is the essence of magic.

Your first task is to give me the incantations, breif description and a demonstration of each of these charms...

Levitating Charm

Swelling Charm

Repairng Charm

Summoning Charm

Shrinking Charm

Red_Drake
Levitating Spells
The spell word is Wingardium Leviosa (you have to say win-GAR-dee-um lev-ee-OH-sa) Teached to 1st years it's the most basic charm, used to make things float in the air, depending on how well you cast it you may levitate lot's of things (I don't know, maybe levitate an elefant big grin)
Repairing Charm
The spell word is Reparo ( it's spelled re-PAR-oh). It's used to repair broken stuff, both magical and muggle, very usefull if you tend to break stuff easyli.
Summoning Charm.
The spell word is Accio "name of the item" ( spelled AK-see-oh or A-see-oh) used to bring something far to the hands of the caster, very useful if you cast a disarming spell to bring the oponents wand to you not allowing the oponent to get it back.
Shrinking Charm
The spell word is Reducio (spelled re-DOO-see-oh (I hope this is the right spell)) used to reduce the size of an object or animal and it's the opposite spell of Engorgio.

Drake Faydark, Ravenclaw
PS: I couldn't find anything on swelling charm so i'll post it as soon as i find something wink

tigereyes456
Levitation chrams:
Wingardium Leviosa- first year learn this spell, very basic. Casues object to fly and float in air. Rudimentary skills for every wizard.

Shrinking charm:
Reducio- causes object to return to their normal size. Engorigio has the obisite affect.

Swelling charm:
Engorgio- Causes object to swell. Reducio is the conter spell.

Reparing charm:
Reparo- undoes damage done to an object.

Summoning charm:
Accio- Causes an object to fly to the caster, even over quite some distance. It would seem that the caster must know at least the general location of the object Summoned.

Li Dumbledore, gryffindor

Aqua
(Karen, Slytherin)
Levitating Charm-- Wingardium Leviosa-- sends target skyward and allows to hover*+

Swelling Charm-'Engorgio' - enlarges something

Repairng Charm-'Reparo' - repairs something that was broken

Summoning Charm-- Accio --a charm that can summon objects to the caller

Shrinking Spell-- Reducio -- counter spell for Growth Spell; shrinks target back to normal size

airangel429
Jasmine quickly dashed into class and took her seat. She pulled out a wrinkled piece of parchment out of her coat and smoothed it out pretty well.

Levitating Charm:Levitation allows a person or an object to float up to five feet above the ground.
Wingardium Leviosa-For example a feather should be able to float IF you do the correct movements with the wand and proper encantations.

Swelling Charm:Engorgio- Causes an object to swell.

Repairng Charm:Reparo-example it fixes an object...such as glasses that are broken.

Summoning Charm: Causes an object to fly to the caster, even over quite some distance. It would seem that the caster must know at least the general location of the object Summoned.
Accio- an example would be used if you were in a battle and you said "Accio Wand" to your opponent. His/her wand would then leave their hand and travel to your hand.

Shrinking Charm:Reducio-this spell shrinks an object back to its original size.

Jasmine Tonks, 7th Year, Hufflepuff

Phoenix
8 points to mr. Faydark!

Phoenix
10 points to Li!

Phoenix
10 points to Karen!

Phoenix
12 points to Jasmine, for knowing the wand movement!

Phoenix
bumping...

airangel429

Phoenix
Yeah... in a bit, my brain hurts!

Red_Drake
laughing out loud hehehe controling professors seens very difficult, having to come up with homework every week, that's certainly doesn't fits me laughing out loud

airangel429

Phoenix
I will accept no more homework assignments. I will assess and award points for those already submitted, then set a new assignment for next week...

Phoenix
When faced by an enraged Dragon, what charm would you use?

Name the charm, give the incantation, a brief description of its effects and outline your reasons for choosing this charm

Red_Drake
I would use Conjunctivitis Curse aiming at it's eyes, due to the efect of this spell (blinding temporaly) it would give me enough time to run away, but if cornered, I'd use the Stupfy Charm to knock the dragon down and use Binding/Fastening Magic to restrain the Dragon.

Drake Faydark, 1st year, Ravenclaw.

Phoenix
This works well in a hypothetical situation Drake, but in reality you would simply not have the power, as a First Year Student, to incapacitate a Dragon using either of these spells.

However, the homework is well done, with two choices, so I will award five points to Ravenclaw!

Candy
I would use the "Ollowindia"-Charm (i know the name is really strangewink didnt know anything better). It's really useful against dragons, the dragon would have to keep his mouth shut, if i would jinx his mouth. it's really easy and useful, it doesnt work that long by dragons, but you have enough time to run away, or flying away with the broom (maybe i would use "Accio", too.)

Kiara, Slytherin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.