what do droids worry about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... actually it was just a few years ago, right here on earth, GL said that Star Wars was a 9 episode movie to be told from the perspective of R2-D2 and C3P0. Now Im glad there will only be 6 Episodes, it makes more sense. I dont want anyone complaining about 6 Episodes instead of 9, because thats not the reason I started this thread.

At what point did GL decide he wouldnt tell the OT through the perspective of the droids. Ive touched on this issue before. In my opinion, the droids held the OT together and the story was told through them. Heck, we spent the first half hour of star wars pretty much just watching the droids. Why did GL not open TPM with the droids, and write the story differently. why make Anakin the creator of 3p0 and r2 be some mechanic droid on a naboo fighter. My biggest dissapointment with TPM was that it didnt open with the droids, bringing the characters of the PT together the way they did in the OT. In my opinion, TPM would have been SO MUCH better if the story had been structured around them they way it was in the OT.

Will the droids play a signifigant role in AOTC and EPIII. and by signifigant, i mean more than just a cursory appearance the way they were in TPM

LanceWindu
I wouldn't doubt that they are going to be shown more in the next 2 movies.

In the plot for AOTC Padme gets 3PO as a gift from the Lars'. And they spend a good deal of time with him. They even get him parts so he won't be 'naked'.

Ratcat

yerssot
well, if Anakin is only what? 10? and admit it, it was a shock to find out that he was 3PO's creator!
And if they made R2 also a droid with a shocking origin, it wouldn't be that good anymore

Ushgarak
I have NEVER seen GL say that the droids were meant to be the narrators in all the parts he planned to make. Just in the OT.

As it was, the narrators in TPM were the Jedi, as GL says on the DVD.

yerssot
well, GL said that they were important and that we saw the OT mostly through their eyes but that's all

bigsef2
He made the comment about 10 or 15 years ago. back before GL even started thinking about actual work on TPM, when he was still planning on doing 9 movies, when the idea of doing more was more of a hypothetical thing, he made that statement. I dont have the quote verbatim, because im relying solely on my memory, but in some post in the EPI, IV-VI section, someone paraphrased the same basic statement. And i doubt two of us would have thought up the same imaginary statement.

GLs idea was that the droids would be the only characters in all 9 movies. Thier lack of humanity gave us perspective on the humanity of the characters invovled. brilliant storytelling.

yerssot
ok,
one thing
that statement is seemingly made when GL thought about 9 movies...

bigsef2
his original vision was better, in my opinion. gotta love the droids!

Ushgarak
Hmm. I don't remember such a quote. Oh well.

bigsef2
yah, from the looks of it now, the droids wont have a big role in AOTC.

Aquarius87
Think about how easy it would be to kill one of those battle droids,they're so skinny,i oculd just do a bull run and jump on it and brake it,then like disarm it and then like smash it to peices like i would do to a faulty air conditioner *DAMN ITS HOT*
I want to live on pluto right now big grin
Okay....
well i got a bit off handed didn't i! embarrasment
I dont think georgie porgie should ever take up the thought of going up to number nine,it wouldn't be worth it,he would just lose his empire,cos..ummm geez! we'er talking droids here?
I dont agree with it,I prefer to watch flesh in action,not metal.

Aquarius87
... laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
Haha,geogie porgie,now where the hell did that pop up,my fingers must be in a creative mood or something,cos mentally i did not process that. wink big grin

bigsef2
........looks like someone is on crack tonight :-)

LanceWindu
What are you smoking Aquarius?

Aquarius87
Huh?!?!
Crack,i would never touch that shit! mad
I just came home from Sydney yesterday,i'm a tired little girl who needs to go and get some sleep.
Anyways,dont say that,i'm not like a full druggo,i smoke occasionally,drink in moderation,and iv'e only tried E like once.Thats not bad?

yerssot
keep it clean in here!
(wordplay, I'm sooo good! big grin)

The plan of making 9 movies is away for LONG time!!!

And IF the scriptment is correct, the droids save the day!

bigsef2
the droids save the day?! when? in EPIII? theres no script for that!

yerssot
I'm talking about Ep II

bigsef2
wow, what has been said about that? i thought i had pretty much read the scriptment and knew what was in it

yerssot
well, it's from the scriptment BUT
it were the first things that leaked, the shots: number and how they shot it, and all. All these things indicate that that will be true

bigsef2
i dont understand, how are they supposed to save the day?

yerssot
On Genosis they split up etc (don't know it right out of my head) but it ends with 3PO shooting a blaster and saving Anakin that way

bigsef2
ROCK!!!

yerssot
no thank you

bigsef2
huh? "ROCK!!!" is an american expression for cool.

Ushgarak
He knows. That was humour. Belgian humour at that.

bigsef2
ah,"i see" says the blind man

yerssot
Belgian humour? no, just the strange one of me...

"I see you are being spied by a blind man" said the stupid to the deaf, "from the corner of the round table at the second floor of the bungalow"

Captain REX
I here that Anakin and Padme secretly marry and that the droids are the only ones attending, for R2 can't talk and C-3PO isn't a snitch, so they do kind of save the day (from a certain point of view).

LanceWindu
eek! You mean 3PO ISN"T a snitch?

yerssot
If they ask him to not talk about it, then he won't talk.

But don't they need a priest or something like that?

Captain REX
3PO could fill the part perfectly.

yerssot
I'm not sure, wouldn't they all fall asleep then?

Captain REX
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud
That's hilarious. (calms down)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.