fastest guitarists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

acoates22
Who in your opinion is the best shredder talking like Michael Angelo, malmsteen, vai. I'd say Michael Angelo. im interested in finding out about as many fast guitarists as possible as it is something i love to do and listen to.

loserib
joe satriani (sp) i have his surfing with an alien cd

finti
other names to be mentioned are: Yngvie Malmsteen, Michael Bojfeld, Ronni Le Tekro, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Vinnie Moore

Linkalicious
don't know if you've heard of him or not but....Jimmy Page. just playing, i'm sure you know him. Most Zep songs don't require much fast guitaring, but i have a DVD of him playing "Dazed and Confused" and he does a 19 minute solo. He even played the re-verb...that performance boggles my mind.

Lames.s.
Dave Mustaine/Zakk Wylde

loserib
hells yeah mustain cant wait for the megadeth riunion tour

Darth Jello
Thurston Moore, Lee Ranoldo, Ron Emory, East Bay Ray, 6025, and the Agnew brothers (Frank, Rikk, and Alfie)

GABRIEL05
django reinhart. Only had three working fingers on his left hand ya know.

acoates22
i love satriani, don't get me wrong, but he ain't the fastest. check out angelo's videos, he doest some wierd stuff with his hand over the fingerboard, its entertaining to watch. i don't think its always good music just because its fast, but its entertaining to listen to and watch

Bad Boy
No one is faster than Malmsteen! He's so fast it ain't healthy, but his songs are awful!!!

Im fast big grin

total metalhead
i know this probably wont count to you guys cos you dont know him , but my friend Diego is f**kin fast. he breaks at least 3 picks a session he pounds his guitar so hard, hes amazing.

Corlindel
Steve Vai, Y. Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Al di Meola and Paco de Lucia, not fast but excellent.

acoates22
yeah, i think once you get to a certain speed it becomes immaterial to a certain extent about who actually is the fastest. it'd be cool to see an official contest though, maybe as a fundraiser

Darth Jello
3 picks?!? what kind does he use? I used to do that til I changed to dunlop 2 mm's

alic88
Slash
eddie van halen

The One Himself
remembering: the fastest is not always the best...wink fastest: Steve Vai

stinkfist462
Eddie Van Halen ... rock

acoates22
try http://www.metalmethod.com/audio-video/x_Speed_Kills.wmv to see a really fast vid.

tabby999
Dimebag Darrell (not all that fast but still wicked) and Kirk from Metallica. and "The Guitarist" from The Berzerker

metal face
jimmy page

glad to see someone metioned him

he's fast, but when he does his solos, sounds so musical

im a led zep fan though...

wicked

peace

incuhead1024
jimi hendrix!
he may not be the fasted but he was voted number 2 on rolling stone after jimi page i think
smile

thorncrawler
as far as i'm aware jimmy page and slash are the fastest i can remember hearing

Bad Boy
Kevski's guitar fact of the day.... Malmsteen is the fastest!

Ruso
Jason Backer plays faster than all the people u said, faster than Yng n all , if after listenin 2 him u dont agree with me ur just fuked up in the head....i cant believe none of u guys mentioned him..

Placebo_fan
I think Matthew bellamy is amazing-him from muse-because, well, HAVE YOU SEEN HIM??? It's like, oh my god, wow! Has anyone seen himon 'Time is running out' ? when he crouches down and starts playing really fast? One of my best friends has a massive crush on him... yes

loserib
i just heard jason backer just the other day the bassist from my friends band tunrd me on to some of his shit

Ruso
ok guys i think this is an official fact altho im not sure i havent made sure myslef, Alan Holdsworth (a 70's jazz fusion guitarist) played practically 64th notes on the song "Fred" , ive heard the song n it does go fast but i obviously didnt stop to count, its somewere between 4:30 and 4:34, it lasts 4 like one or 2 secs but he must play over 30 notes in a second...apparently even joe satriani has sayd that there is no way anyone can beat that...it definetly doesnt sound like he does over 30 notes but its a a 70's songn not 2 gd quality n that, but i do think its official that thats the fastes run recorded,the song is on kazaa ,so make ur own conclusions...smile

stinkfist462
ok ..

Bad Boy
Such a shame about Jason Becker, now he's got arturistus in his hands...

Matt Bellamy is one of the most over rated guitarists on the planet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.