Big Fish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/b/bigfish.php

SlayerChick1188
It looks cute! Tim Burton is the BEST! big grin

pablo007
It looks weird, and McGregor's southern accent sucks.

plenTpak52
His accent isn't that bad, but he's a great actor either way. And Tim Burton is my favorite director. But the movie looks pretty trippy, don't you think?

SlayerChick1188
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/big_fish/

heres the official site for it, better quality anyway

mindbugaling
im wondering if this is a good movie, so has anybody out there seen it yet. it looks really good and it has ewan mcgregor in it so it has to be good.

Kes
There's a review in the Review forum, check it out.

The Unknown
I didn't like it. Even though there were a few good moments in it, the rest was very boring IMO.

mindbugaling
yeah i just saw it, it was really boring. i never really liked tim burton movies. he thinks that whatever comes out of his butt is a masterpiece and that he doesnt have to take the effort to make it good

thorC
Yeah ! boring! but it's the idea ! however i like his idea. This one is not his masterpiece. may be he lacks of his energy, that's all. quite disappointed.

mook
saw this yesterday and enjoyed it.

wasnt sure what to expect because i avoid reading any reviews etc (hate spoilers).

classic tim burton

Fire
I think its gonna be good

mook
it is good - id recommend it (especially if you like Burton)

zeta
is big fish good, what was it like? can some one describe it to me please

Fire
I reckon it is pretty special and a tad abstract

mook
basically a son tells his fathers life story as his father told it to him - lots of wierd tales - changes between different times.

i think the less you know the more you will enjoy it.

if you like tim burton and/or slightly odd film go see it.

CaptainSparrow
I saw it on Saturday and i loved it. I'm a huge Burton fan and i was expecting Big Fish to be incredible. But it's better than that!
Everbody must go and see it!

The only thing that spoiled it for me was the group of silly girls that were sat next to me who talked and laughed their way through the movie.

Fire
just yell at them thats what I do

CaptainSparrow
A lot of people did yell.
I just don't see the point in paying to see a movie, if all you're going to do is 'not' watch it.

Storm
those little buggers dammit mad
Yesterday, while watching The Last Samurai, I accidentally hit the chair in front of me slightly with my foot embarrasment
And did she quit the babbling... NO mad

blackpearlbabe1
its kinda hard to explain, but its really good!

CaptainSparrow
It is very hard to explan. I've tried to explain the story to my friends to make them go see it, but i failed quite badly. Well, i guess it is easy to explain in a way, but the thing with a Tim Burton film is that you have to go and see it to totally understand it. It's not just the storyline that makes it a wonderful film, it's what you're seeing as well.

VengeanceGOD
It's an excellent movie, just go see it and you'll love it.

ash007
indeed it was a good movie
i loved the ending

CaptainSparrow
The ending was awful in the sense that it was way too emotional to watch in a cinema! I hurt when i left the screening because i'd held back from crying so much!

lil tears
I loved this movie greatly yes
It just increased my appreciation of Tim Burton big grin
and the score was done by none other than Danny Elfman, also responsible for Sleepy Hollow and The Simpsons raver

DeepGroove
Hi everyone im new to the site, was wondering have any of you seen Big Fish? If so what did you think.. Thanks

Berlin
I have seen it, in December of last year. I really like it, is great, is funny, dramatic and has a lot of romance in it. Good combination and great movie
The whole cast is wonderful. What I want to do know is to buy the book and read it

Fire
you know we have a review section stick out tongue

Kes
You can read what ppl thought of it here:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26019&highlight=Big+Fish

Darth_Big_Boy
Terrific movie! Ranks up there on Burton's best list.

bilb
seems this was more of a drama then fantasy.. I adore this movie tho. One of the few movies where I actually liked Jessica Lange. And of course Ewan is fantastic in it!!!

goodluck
Give it a 10/10. smile

Mairuzu
k

Bardock42
Originally posted by goodluck
Give it a 10/10. smile Fair score.

=Tired Hiker=
I thought the ending was totally lame. It ruined the whole movie for me. In fact, I think it is one of the most cop out ending ever made. But don't get me wrong, I love Tim Burton nonetheless.

Toku King
Fantastic movie.

Toku King
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think it is one of the most cop out ending ever made.

I totally disagree, especially when films like "No Country For Old Men" and "The Mist" exist.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Toku King
I totally disagree, especially when films like "No Country For Old Men" and "The Mist" exist.

Oh hell no. No Country had an appropriate ending for itself. It was perfect. The ending of The Mist was the best part of the film.

What happened at the end of Big Fish, don't they all hold hands and sing or something? That was a bunch of crap, almost as bad as the good ol' 'waking up and it was all a dream' ending.

Toku King
Oh hell no. No Country had an appropriate ending for itself.

I disagree even more than my last disagree. The ending completely ruined the film for me. That off screen death was total bs for me, and turned my rating from a 10/10 immediately into a 3/10.

=Tired Hiker=
I disagree even more than my last disagree. The ending completely ruined the film for me. That off screen death was total bs for me, and turned my rating from a 10/10 immediately into a 3/10.
I give your last two posts 2/10 and 1/10.

Oh yeah, here's your magical ending. Seriously, this so lame. And how could that skinny little man carry the fat old guy for so long without dropping him. I mean, come on.

1SR_DW0jsFM

Toku King
Oh yeah, here's your magical ending. Seriously, this so lame. And how could that skinny little man carry the fat old guy for so long without dropping him. I mean, come on.

1SR_DW0jsFM

Hey, I liked it. Why does it matter if a skinny guy carries a fat guy? No offense, but that is the most ridiculous criticism I've heard since that one guy complained that "Iron Man" was ruined by the fact that Tony Stark slept with too many girls.

=Tired Hiker=
Iron Man was an awesome movie, I agree there. And look, that skinny guy could no way hold that fat man for that long without dropping him, knowing that fact took me out of the moment. It ruined the film for me. I remember seeing the movie in theaters and I kept thinking, okay, this is all a dream or there's going to be some cheesy ending, and sure enough there was. The movie had great art direction, the music was endearing, it took me away to that magical place and all of that, but there was no payoff for me. Just my opinion.

BruceSkywalker
k

Bardock42
Actually, the ending was what the son told his father before he died. That's why it's very cheesy and very fairy tale-ish. And it was, indeed, perfect.

I agree if it was what happened that would just be majorly silly. But as that ending is in context, it was awesome.

ragesRemorse
I like this movie but i'm not to fond of the ending

Impediment
I give Big Fish a solid 8. Good movie, but nowhere near perfect, in my opinion.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Bardock42
Actually, the ending was what the son told his father before he died. That's why it's very cheesy and very fairy tale-ish. And it was, indeed, perfect.

I agree if it was what happened that would just be majorly silly. But as that ending is in context, it was awesome.

Negative, ghostrider.

SnakeEyes

Fail.

Originally posted by Impediment
I give Big Fish a solid 8. Good movie, but nowhere near perfect, in my opinion.

I agree. Not Tim Burton's best film, but, like you said, solid.

Blind
Personally, I think it is just one of those movies you can watch once or twice a year. I don't think I could watch it more than that. Not that it annoys me, or I think it is so utterly horrible, I just don't think I like it so much to watch it every day or even twice a month. And to me, a 10/10 rating is a movie you can watch that often.

But that's just my taste in movies. I can watch Swingers once a month, but can't stand Forrest Gump except maybe once every two years. Big Fish is maybe, for me, a once a year show.

Menetnashté
Who said he died... erm The point was (or what I gathered) that it was relating back to the story the sheriff told about the man who has the bullet ricochet and take the use of his arm. The irony of the matter being that no one could stop "Sugar", not the sheriff, the ex soldier or the top bounty hunter. But yet he's taken down by a car crash.

SnakeEyes

Toku King
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Fail.

Oh sorry, I meant 2/10. Hey, if you're not going to make a Hollywood ending, don't make a Hollywood movie.

You fail.

Toku King

Bardock42
Negative, ghostrider. Negative on it being perfect? Which is fair enough. Or negative on that what happened (which is also why the skinny man can carry the fat one)? Because that would be stupid, it is obviously what happened.

Devil King
The giant mongoloid guy made me uncomfortable. But, I liked the movie.

SnakeEyes
Oh sorry, I meant 2/10. Hey, if you're not going to make a Hollywood ending, don't make a Hollywood movie.

You fail.

Really, I can only put this bluntly: You're unintelligent. The Coen brothers kept the same ending as the novel, which is what they should've done.

Also, you act as though lowering your rating of the film is going to make me angry; it doesn't, it just makes you seem like a negligible person.

Toku King
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Really, I can only put this bluntly: You're unintelligent.

First off, reported. Second off, since when does disagreeing on movies make you unintelligent? I have all As and B+s, appreciate art(David is my favorite piece of work ever), like reading books as much as I like sports, and always study hard. And you calling me dumb because I don't like the same movie as you says more about you than it does me.

I hate that bullshit retort. This has been about the millionth time someone has used this argument to me. Just because it was in the book doesn't mean it's good. The book sucked because of the ending as well, which ruined everything that made the story intact and workable.

Who said I did? I meant 2, not 3 in the beginning. News flash: The world doesn't revolve around you.
So you're calling me negligible, when you're the one insulting people because they don't agree with you.

SuperkatmanX
I give your last two posts 2/10 and 1/10.

1SR_DW0jsFM

This is the most retardest shittest thing i have ever read in my life.. where the fuk did you go to school in someones arsehole.

So you believe in giants, and the Korean twins, and the big fish in the river also the lady with the magic eye.
The father asked the Son to tell the story of his death because that wasn't what he saw in the eye.. So the son made up the perfect story. Spastic!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.