Something I didn't quite understand in the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Britt415
Ok, who was Jason and what really was his mutation. I read a few things about the mutant he was supposed to be called 'Mastermind', but I believe he was from the comic verse, and who was the little girl in the images he produced? This part really confused me, so if you have info or know what happened I want to know! huh

Vampiree
well, he was supposed to be mastermind, making all these illusions and all but the movie made him strykers son erm which is something new to me... and i think that the little girl was just an illusion... nothing special...

darkphoenix
Well.. they had to include a story around him so they made him stryker son, but his mutation his to create illusions so strong that people (even the strongest telepaths) believe they are real.

The little girl (and i just read that somewhere, am not that intelligent) is suppose to be well.. i donno how to say this but there's a theory that:

-Xavier's son had a blue eye and a green eye and that Jason just put the little girl (helpless, so the professor want to help her) with the same eyes colors to make him "fall for the illusion"

I donno if it's true, my theory is that, Jason has a blue eye and a green eye and since the little girl was "him" in Xavier's illusion, she had those eyes too...

Kes
Yeh, he creates illusions. The girl is him, he appears has a girl so X would let be more dragged into the illusion and let him (Jason) follow.
Has for the eyes, if X son has 1blue eye and 1green, its an homage.
A little something for the fans.

Darth Vicious
I thought the girl was ShadowCat, because she looks pretty identical to when ShadowCat phased thru the bed also in the deleted scenes Mastermind creates an illusion making the Professor believe he and Cyclops escaped and returned to the mansion and the little girl was there who i think was ShadowCat telling him they needed to find the otheres!

Kes
No. Its not shadowcat.

SK88728
whats a homage?

kalantiaw
it's like paying your respect to someone... giving them their propers...

Kes
Basically taking your hat to the comics (in the x-men case) and at the same time a treat for the fans.

gisugil
How do you make words fly across the screen? confused

darkphoenix
you use Text goes here or Text goes here

just dont put the spaces, i had to put them otherwise you would have just seen my text bounce lol smile

Paola
wacko

Darth Jello
there is no definite history or even definite name for mastermind in the comics (jason wyngarde holds about as much credence as ben pondexter for bullseye) so its possible, however unlikely that he was reverand stryker's son.

Be@st
I think that the little girl was probably one of the students. That's why xavier was so easily following her. It had to be someone he knows because his mind wasn't under control. It was just an illusion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.