The Mandalore Warriors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
I've been gone for sometime. What's the official word on the Mandalore Warriors in AOTC? I know Jango Fett is Boba's father. I read that Ambu Fett (Boba's mother) was pulled out of the script. Will the other Mandalore Warriors like Jodo Kast, Fenn Shysha and Dala (the Mandalorian, not Admiral Daala) appear? Does Jango Fett get killed by Mace Windu?

yerssot
ok, nice to have you back
*waves to DN*

First of all, spoiler tags please!

I haven't heared a lot about his mother, nor the other warriors you mentioned...
I don't know if he gets kiled, but I know there will be one terrific fight with OB1!

bigsef2
mace whacks his bloody head off

Ushgarak
We're still unsure if the term 'Mandalore' is ever going to become canon.

Darth Ninja
I read on Star Wars.com, in the canon section (not the EU) that Boba (or Jango) Fett wears Mandalorian armor. So, Mandalore is canon as well as the Mandalore Warriors.

bigsef2
Ive seen it on sw.com aswell.

yerssot
if memory serves me well, that was on the classic moments section...

that's not cannon mind you...
As Steve Swanseat (or something like that) said:
forget EVERYTHING you knew about Boba, everything will change

Ushgarak
SW site isn't canon. They have been wrong many times. They are a good indicator though.

Jury is still out on the Mandalores.

bigsef2
what is the whole mandalore myth anyways? did the mandalores fight the clones or something? and why does jango have a blue suit and boba have a green one?

LanceWindu
Because they are two different people, And supposedly Boba had found his Mandalore armor somewhere.

bigsef2
but the design of the armor is THE SAME. just different colors. which makes me think maybe jango IS mandalorian, and the uniform boba finds is just of someone of a different rank

yerssot
As long as nothing is said, that terms doesn't exist...

Hmmm, I thought someone gave a pretty good explanation about the colors...
well, what we know: Jango is the captain of the clones, Boba is his clone-son, that would perhaps be indeed about the rang they have?

Ushgarak
I thought Jango's was more white than blue...

yerssot
You are right, it's white but the corners of his suit etc, are blue

bigsef2
well if the mandalore armor is blue for a captain and green for a regular soldier or whatever, that would be cool. but then, why do the clone army we see in AOTC not have similar uniforms? i was thinking the Mandalores are something else entirely. Possibly a huge army we see in EPIII that fight the clones?

yerssot
As far as I'm concerned, it are clones that come to help, not Mandalores...

bigsef2
thats true. but we know the clones are the forerunners of the storm troopers. and palpatine is the one that issued the order to start cloning them, so at some point, they become the bad guys. I beleive they will be the bad guys in Episode III.

sand person no. 10
er, how do we know that they are the forerunners for the storm troopers?, it's hard to see something that the jedi used too help them turn against them, maybe the green, blue white thing is just about age and the over use of the armour.

bigsef2
blue just doesnt turn to green because of age. boba could have painted it, i guess. and the clone troopers are the forerunners of storm troopers for 2 reasons. 1. PALPATINE MAKES THEM. he allows the jedi to use them in one battle, so they will approve making more. the jedi are being used by palpatine towards their own demise. and 2. their armor is almost exactly the same as the storm trooper armor

sand person no. 10
why would boba paint his suit, copper corrodes and so why not armour, makes sense to me. No its not the same armour or even close, why isn't boba as dense as the other storm troopers, there is no fact to support this, just rumour, how do he storm troopers who are analeighted in anh replaced in esb and so on, there is no proof at all that the storm troopers are clones, maybe they are, maybe they aren't, no proof, no proof, please show me the proof.

bigsef2
did i say the stormtroopers were clones? I dont recall saying that in this post. i said the clonetroopers were the FORERUNNNERS of the stormtroopers. their uniforms look very similar, which would indicate that the same political power created both of them. i didnt think my statement would need explaining, but i underestimated the intelligence of some people, i guess. wink j/k going on the similarity of their uniforms, to say a DIFFERENT government would use similar uniforms would be like after WWII, the united states saying, "hey, i loved those german gestapo uniforms. lets give all our soldiers uniforms that look like that." their uniforms look similar because palpatine created them both to be soldiers in his army.

yerssot
Palpatine orders nothing! Sydo-Dias does (if the scriptment is correct)

Darth Ninja
What about Jodo Kast (AKA: the Boba Fett look-alike)? Will appear in episode 2 or 3?

yerssot
Jodo who???

Ratcat
EU version of the Boba Fett Evolution.

Wrong timeframe for Episode-II and III

yerssot
wow! Lost me there!
Evolution? like in mutation?

LanceWindu
That makes no sense.

Ushgarak
As in that was part of the Expanded Universe story for Boba Fett. And so no, he won't be in there.

This whole area is still big and grey. Clones, stormtroopers, allies, bad guys... hard to be definitive.

I doubt it is the same armour; from a production point of view I think they would have made it a different colour deliberately, bot to distinguish Jango and to show it is not the same.

But maybe not.

Captain REX
I think Boba Fett finds his suit somewhere else, because it seems to me that Jango Fett has more stuff.

Maybe in Ep. III, Mandalore is a world revolting against the Galactic Republic and joining Count Dooku's little parade. The Mandalorian Warriors might appear in a battle between them and the Republican Clonetroopers.

What happened to the Shocktroopers? I've read about those somewhere. Are they a whole different set of troopers? Is it a nickname for the Clones?

LanceWindu
I believe the 'Shock'troopers are from a fan film. Not in the real SW universe.

Captain REX
I thought I saw it on the Official Site before they had the new layout they have now.

Hey, Lance, how 'bout going to the Trivia section. See if you know anything there.

LanceWindu
What for?

Captain REX
Because I'm bored and don't want to wait until tomorrow.

LanceWindu
But what is it you want me to look at?

Ushgarak
The term 'Shocktroopers' was used by the official SW mag 'Bantha Tracks' back in '81 as part of its features on the new film ESB. It described Boba Fett as wearing Shocktrooper armour- a type not seen since the Clone Wars where the Shocktroopers were defeated by the Jedi.

None of that necessarily applies any more.

bigsef2
I dont know if anyones mentioned this, but one of the new pics that was released has jango fett in the foreground and a bunch of clonetroopers in the background. Well, Jango's armor looks almost EXACTLY like the clones armor. There are obvious differences, but the general structior of their armor is the same. It's possible Jango's armor is different to distinguish him as a leader from the group of clones in a possible battle.

Captain REX
That thing with shocktroopers and jedi is what I heard. Almost exactly what I heard.

I think the clonetrooper's helmet's look very similar too. It's like a cross between a Mandalorian armor helmet and a Stormtrooper helmet.

Darth Ninja
The Mandalore battlesuits are awesome. If the Mandalore Warriors were Force-Sensitive, they would slaughter everyone with a combination of weapons and the Force.

yerssot
as far as I know, they still don't officially exist...

Captain REX
The Mandalorian PEOPLE don't exist yet, but the Mandalorian Armor of Death is. GL just needs to make a story behind the armor and how it came to be.

yerssot
why? it's just an armor

Ushgarak
Mandalorian Armour of Death! What a great name!

What about 'Mandalorian Armour of certain doom?' Applies to the person inside as well as those out, yeah?

Captain REX
Mandalorian Armor from the deepest darkest depths of hell! Or complete obiliviation.

yerssot
strange thread;

long time have I watched this one, cloudy his future is!

Captain REX
My future? Maybe you should change your "Jedi Master" thing to "Yerssot the Wise & Watchful." smile

yerssot
nah, that would be bragging smile

Captain REX
So? big grin

yerssot
I'm more the calm one, the rebel (no avatars and siggie smile )

Captain REX
Whatever. Anyway, if you went to the Official Site and looked at the April 2002 comics, a little tidbit is revealed about Jango and the Mandalorian Warriors...

Long before he was the deadliest bounty hunter of his time, Jango Fett was an orphaned farm boy from the Outer Rim. Taken in by elite Mandalorian warriors, Fett was offered a chance to exact vengeance against the Death Watch that slew his family.

This little story is in the Star Wars: Jango Fett--Opening Season #1 of 4. It stretches to 4 separate comics about Jango in his young life and the MANDALORIAN WARRIORS. We'll learn about his past and who these people of the DEATH WATCH are. We'll have to wait until April 24 here in the U.S. of A.

yerssot
Cap, it's STILL EU!

Captain REX
So? EU is always approved by GL first, isn't it?

bigsef2
not at all. he gets gobs of money so they can use the star wars liscence to write a sh!tty book and sell it, but he doesnt approve any of it as part of the REAL star wars universe. the exception is with Timothy Zahn's books, which are authorized. Which means Lucas specifically said, "i give you permission to write this book."

yerssot
EU is with his permission but it has nothing to do with the movies (see Splinter of the Mind Eye for that!)

Captain REX
No duh it has nothing to do with the movies! The Chiss didn't exist until Timothy Zahn wrote his book. The E-Wing and other new fighters just entered the scene in comics and books. Those have nothing to do with the movies.

yerssot
yes, and what was your point again?

Darth Ninja
EU is cool! If it sucked, then why is it so popular? I think it's great that we get to learn about Jango's (EU) connection with the Mandalorian Warriors. Now, all we need a story about Jodo Kast's background . . .

yerssot
IF Mandalore exists...

Captain REX
Mandalore and the Mandalorian warriors do exist. If they didn't exist, why would they be in a comic?

Captain REX
I've past post #400! Man, it's going to take so long to get where yerss is at...

Ushgarak
Because EU continuity is totally seperate. There is a ton of stuff in books and comics that does not exist in the proper storyline.

However, the jury is still out on the Mandalorians. Too early to say that they don't exist yet.

yerssot
I'm not sure, but I think I read Mandalore on sw.com

Captain REX
Remember the Slave II, the ship Boba used after his father's ship was compounded? While Boba was repairing Slave I, he had the Slave II. The Slave II was made by MandalMotors and was armed with 2 laser cannon, an ion cannon, and a rear torpedo launcher.

The main point of me writing this is that Slave II was made by MANDALmotors, as in Mandalorian. Do you think there is a connection? Plus, if there is Mandalorian armor in the movies and Mandalorian Warriors in the comics, and MandalMotors made Slave II, why couldn't there be the Mandalorians?

yerssot
because Slave II officially doesn't exists, it's not cannon!

jedi212guy
Although Dark Empire was cool, it was a comic book and none of the information in it can be used for arguements.

yerssot
Indeed,
the only things you can rely on are:

the movies, the novalization, comments of GL...

ryamathart
so is jango or boba fett in the movie?
and was boba fett a cop befor he became a bunty hunter

Ushgarak
Jango is the one in the Boba-Fett style armour in the movie. Boba is a young boy.

Boba is not officially a cop, no.

yerssot
why a cop???

Captain REX
Don't look at me.

Ushgarak
Part of his EU background, I believe.

Ratcat
Yes, that's right, but this history of Fett has been discounted by George Lucas.

As far as all the ships and stuff, much of that comes out of Boba's survival at the Sarlac.

yerssot
actually, McCallum said that we had to forget everything we ever knew about him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.