There's a real place called The Shire!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PippinTook
There's a place in Louisiana just under Baton Rouge called The Shire!!! I was having fun with the Yahoo map thing haha. Here's the link: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=The+Shire&country=us I'm gonna go look for Hobbiton too! And Mordor! C'mon, look for more Middle-Earth related places! Whoop!

PippinTook
There's also a place called Middle Earth, Maryland!...This shows just how bored I am with nobody (except you, feanor, of course) here!!! YOU HAVE DESERTED ME!!!!!!!!!

Sifer
Lot's of places in the UK:

CheSHIRE
LancaSHIRE
BerkSHIRE

etc smile

PippinTook
NO! It's was called THE SHIRE! Look at it! It is "The Shire, LA"! I swear it is!......Hmm, so someone actually IS on here!

Member.
yup.

pinksuezo
yup.

Exa
I dunno any place that has the same name as a lotr-one,

But one of the capitals of the realm of Babylon was called "Uruk" stick out tongue

Member.
lol. mite as well give it up.

KingOfGondor292
O_O; I live in maryland, and I never even knew there was even a Middle Earth, Maryland

Hehe ^^

nazgulinthedark
ha! ill have to go there next time i visit family! they all live around the baton rouge area!

orlandoOYEA
There is a Middle Earth Maryland??? i live in MD so could you tell me where?

feanorlp
Who?Me?!??
I did once see a house that was partially underground and had a round door.

PippinTook
It's sort of close to Washington, D.C.....Hold on, let me find the link...http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=Middle+Earth%2C+MD&country=us There ya go!

Kitoky
If there was a real Minas Tirith in Ohio, then I'd be happy.

orlandoOYEA
kool THANKS

PippinTook
No problem. Hmm I wish there was a Tuckborough in Georgia big grin

Ushgarak
Norbury always sounded like somewhwre you would wonder into when lost in Suffolk...

azszhz
I wish there was a Lotr named place in colorado. then i could go see it.

I hate my state. they don't like lotr enough here mad

PippinTook
I feel your pain.

azszhz
Thank you
its so depressing here cuz every time i mention Lotr everybodys all like "yeah, yeah. You want to see a real movie! Harry Potter was awesome and bla bla bla..."
I'm going to kill harry potter, yes preciousssss, kill harry potter

enya
lol

i kinda feel the same pain coz only one of my mates likes lotrs and that aint that much but the difference iz that my mates say yeah yeah you wanna see a real movie like flash dance or sleepless in seatle or big

azszhz
Hey i just remember someone i met that likes Lotr
*does happy dance* Happy Dance

wait they were totally prepy, like into there fashion and hair more then everything
*fells bad again* damn you colorado *cries*

PippinTook
I have only three MAJOR LOTR fans as friends....Everyone else thinks it's stupid and "lame" and a waste of time to watch it and read the books.....People think I'm crazy cuz I'm reading the books....They thinks it's SOO many pages. I have the 1 volume edition and it's only 1008 pages not including Appendixes and maps and stuff. But I have three LOTR friends.....That's it....Depressing....Hey you people who don't have many LOTR fans: IM ME!!!! big grin I need more people to talk to about LOTR stuff! And Pippin! laughing out loud

azszhz
well i'm Lotr lonely to (meaning without the friends) so if ever you wont to talk you can IM me. and we can talk about the greatness of merry and pippin, cuz i like merry and you like pippin.

yeah i have a friend to talk to lotr about (i think)
*does happy dance again* Happy Dance Happy Dance

sorry if i was being repetitive (is that spelled right?)

BingaBonga
There's so many cities... there's a city in Norway called Hell... roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Kitoky
That is totally awesome man! I wanna live there.

PippinTook
What's your screen name?

orlandoOYEA
Yea, check member profiles and you will find lots of people who would love tot alk to you about Lotr

azszhz
azszhz, i use it for everything

shadow link
theres shires everywhere-its an old english word for local area, i live in a shire

and the suburb next to me is called baradur lol just kidding

Camellia
Ok, I'm as bored as you were PippinTook! here are some for people in the UK:

Buckleberry, West Berkshire
Buckland, Kent & Glouchestershire & Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire & Hertfordshire & Surrey!! 6 BUCKLANDS!!!
Nobottle, Northamptonshire
Loudwater, Buckinghamshire

Ones that are vaguely like a name but, well...not reallystick out tongue:
Bag ENDerby, Lincolnshire
Brandy HILL, Carmarthenshire
BREEdon on the Hill, Leicestershire

Ok, that was a waste of time! Now I'll do something a little more constructivebig grin

PippinTook
laughing out loud Why do something constructive when you can just do this all day? Hehe.

Rebel Racer
holy shit! thats wicked! thanks for the link, pippin

PippinTook
You're welcome. Yet there's no need for foul language Rebel Racer stick out tongue hehe

Rebel Racer
i thought the auto-foul-language program would pick it up.. my bad

PippinTook
Guess not....Oh well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.