The Dead Army

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
wow who thought they totally kicked butt? I did. they stormed minas tirith and in seconds they juts killed everyone...discuss lol

nazgulinthedark
ringwraiths are better

Suzuka
my favorite part with them is when you see them in the background on that oliphant, totally awesome smile they were cool...never imagined them green, but then again, I never really understood that part in the book, so it's ok

sauron
king of the dead was weird, legolas shoots an arrow and it goers through him, so narsil is the ONLY thing that can hurt him, so how come aragorn grabs his throat

Lady Ellie
Maybe because he is the king?

sauron
yeah but narsil is supposed to be the only thing to hurt or even touch him

Lord_Andres
and why the hell didint aragorn convince them to storm Mordor, they would have killed that orc army at the black gate like shit

sauron
yeah instead of letting them go right away he could have said, destroy mordor and then il let you free

then when mordor is just destroyed, aragorn could just NOT let them free

nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud yeah...

sauron
his own personal invinsible army, that have follow his every command

Suzuka
because as a king who kept his word...well, he had to keep his word smile

Sifer
No, it ISN'T just the sword which can hurt them. It is the king - those from the bloodline of Numenor. After all, it was the king who put the curse on them smile And remember, the King is the only person able to wield that sword. So no matter what you say, he could have kicked 'em in the nuts if he so felt like smile

Kitoky
Actually, Aragorn at first only assigned them to help defende Minas Tirith and then he'd let them free, and since they did that he had to keep his word. If Aragorn didn't keep his promise the Dead Army would not've helped him and maybe even went against them.

Lord_Andres
I ment if he had said like, help us defend Minas Tirith and storm Mordor, and then I'l set you all free, he could have done that

Vegeta13
the dead army is cool

Exa
I did not really like them in the film.

Why were they made in that stupid liquid-green-colour when Tolkien names them "the Grey Host"?!?
Looked silly when they killed the others and flooded into the city. I also didnt really like the dead king's face and the way he reacted to Aragorn's speech - too much movie-like and not LoTR style.

The only scenes I really liked where when the green city appeared, when they arrived with these absolutely cool corsair ships and when they, released, were carried away by the wind.

sauron
lol it was cool when aragorn gimli jumped over the ship, and legolas nanced down the plank....and the orcs just stared for a while, then the army appeared and wwwwwwhhhhhhhooooooosssssssshhhhhh die orcs die

Freyja
They weren't meant to be green - just this grey haze!

fini
hmmm i guess they thought green would stand out better, and would be easier to see. AND besides we always see ghosts in white/gray THe green was a cool change.
Remember they were cursed for fighting for gondor, so at minas tirith they fought for gondor. When Aragorn and company had gone to the black gate , they were gonna fight for something else. SO aragorn displayed his true nature as king and held his promise to them.

Exa
I see it exactly the other way... ghosts are green far too often in films, sometimes white, maybe, but only rarely real cool grey. Green is the colour of Life and not that of death!!!

sauron
seeing as they live under a mountain and there is no food or anything down there (not that they need it) they took to photosynthesising

Kitoky
Dude, Aragorn doesn't know what to do and he doesn't even know if they'd actually win against Mordor, it's just step by step and so he couldn't possibly be that bright to think, "Hey, we gonna win this battle oh yeah! Then we can storm the gate," And in any case the Dead Army were cursed by Isildur just because they did not defend their country when the need was dire, and so yeah all they did to do is pent on what they needed to do to be free.

Exa
^^ laughing out loud

How can you use photosyntheical energy without an energy source - the sun?
Do they have a solarium or something?

Kitoky
That's what I was wondering...laughing out loud Ya gonna need sunlight for photosynthesis dude.

sauron
no because they have a small steam operated lamp, which they take turns to stand in front of, its not much, but its not like they need much is it stick out tongue

Kitoky
O.o where'd they get the water??

sauron
a hose?

Kitoky
From where? The River Anduin?

sauron
no they have their own resevoir, which gollum annually tops up,

Kitoky
LOL, but don't they need plant cells for that kind of stuff?

Exa
Rather from the Morthond wink

Who says that they do not have plant cells stick out tongue (because how could they be green otherwise big grin )

Kitoky
Hahah they're GREEEEEEEEn, I like their shade of green

One question, in that scene where Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli go into that Dead Army forum center or something, that main room where they meet the leader of the Dead Army.
Doesn't that look awefully like Moria's setting? I wonder if they used the same material to build that.

fini
uhhhh what the f*** you talking bout? they're dead for freaking sake!!!, they have spirit energy FFS.

yeah yeah i know younot being serious. Lol if you want me to add to ur talk, deepwater lifeforms flourese( cant spell) and they have no light.

fini
no SUNLIGHT

sauron
exactly, see no-one knows this, because before he died tolkien wrote me a letter telling me only, when the entwives disapeared, the ents as you can imagine got sexually frustrated and needed mates, they stumbled upon and army fleeing from a battle and took them as their partners, the army then proceeded to turn rather tree-ish and then eventually fled, that army WAS the army of the dead

Kitoky
*rolls on floor laughin* laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

sauron
and that my friends is how they got plant cells

Exa
*also rofl*

Stupid entwives I prefer grey deads

sauron
yeah, they dont put up a big as fight as the entwives would have

ATM4eternity
i pictured all of them just looking like normal warriors but all grey and not transparent and not just flowwing through the orcs but fighting their way through, but i still liked how they did it in the movie, pretty kewl stuff wit the oliphaunt and all,,,,, if any1 plays the gamesworkshop miniatures LOTR and have seen the dead models, thats what i pictured them like

cheney
lol so the entwives molested the army that refused to help gondor leading them to have plant cells so they then used photosynthesis with sunlight provided by a steam operated lamp and water from their own private reservoir which was reguarly topped up by gollum for energy so that they could continue being dead... it all seems so clear now lol but i still think they were cool but i agree with exa that they should of been more of a grey colour but the green colour was pretty cool. and the demolishing of the oliphaunt was definitely very cool

Bloom4ever
big grin i luved it when the ships pulled in and the head orc, th ugliest , thought it wuz the otha orcs, i mean evry1's expectin the orcs 2 cum off the ships, and then Aragorn jumps off the ship wit Anduril, and gimli nd my man behind him big grin, and then the the dead army storms off the ship.
And, LOL, i luv readin the ridiculous things y'all post somtimes, photosynthesis? laughing

Kitoky
We had much fun, Sauron was in a good mood.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.