Michelle Kwan- US Ice Skating Championships

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fallen Jedi
I'm not sure if this topic goes under this forum, but oh well.

OMG did anyone just watch the US Ice Skating Championship?! My girl Michelle Kwan was facing it off with Sosha Cohen for the gold medal. In the short program Sosha came out on top, but in the end Michelle ruled the charts with a magnificent long program performance. She nailed every jump and was absolutely flawless! She received 5.8s and 5.9s for technical merit and received seven, SEVEN perfect 6.0s for overall performance (that's 7 out of 9 judges)! The other two judges rewarded her with 5.9s. All I have to say is that Michelle totally rocks and owns the skating rink!

Seriously, her performance was brilliant and awe-inspiring! Not only was she perfect in her jumps and moves, but she was just so passionate! I mean, you could see the fire in her eyes, the determination, her movements, her body language, it was ALL there! I don't think I've ever seen anyone skate as passionately as she did today. There was just so much emotion there. Not just in her, but I think I speak for everyone (who was watching) when I say we all felt it too. I mean, I almost started to cry! In fact, Michelle DID cry at the end of her program. It was surreal! Everyone in the audience got to their feet in a standing ovation and was roaring wildly. It was amazing!

Michelle is now an 8th time US gold medalist champion and still holds the the record for the most perfect marks in a US championship tournament with 35, that's right 35 6.0s. Even the runner up doesn't even come close with just 9 (not even a double digit number).

Once again, Michelle Kwan proves to the world that she is number one!

Our US champions are...
Michelle Kwan- gold
Sosha Cohen- silver
Jenny Kird- bronze

I know the Olympics are two years away, but if and when Michelle does decides to compete, I'll be there rooting for. Go Michelle!!! Happy Dance

If you want to read an article, go here http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/01/10/sports2301EST0924.DTL

§pearhead
i was watching the pats game.

Fallen Jedi
You should have been watching Michelle of the ice. She was brillaint!

§pearhead
that pats game was intriguing, and i do live in new england. plus they won, which made it all the better.

Fallen Jedi
Oh, I see. Well, go for the Pats! I don't really know who they are, but hey. This might be a stupid question, but don't they air the US ICe Skating Championships in New England too? I mean, I have a cousin who lives in Australia, but she watches the Superbowl on TV.

§pearhead
they aired it here on...cbs, i wanna say. i watched a tiny bit of it...but it seemd to be the part where they go into the history of skating.

Fallen Jedi
Well, I admit that part wasn't the most exciting, but the showdown between Michelle and Cohen lived up to the hyp.

Gravity Kills
I don't know to many people who will really sit down and watch ice skating, other than when the Olympics are on.

Fire
it was nice

Fire
which olympics?
aren't the first ones to come the ones in Athenes in June?

Gravity Kills
I am not sure where, I do know there is one this year.

The summer olympics don't have ice skating though

Gravity Kills
what do they have? gymnastics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.