is lotr set in the future.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
I have read that Legolas was sent by his father to rivendell in the year 3019. is this in the future?

Exa
No it's about 10000 years ago. it was 3018 (not 19) of the Third Age, we live in the Seventh Age at the moment

aniron
wow how do u know that!

Exa
Tolkien writes it in one of his letters (this seventh-age-thing)

Camellia
But don't get confused between those dates and those of the Shire Calendar!! I go by the Shire Reckoning, because...well, I dobig grin

aniron
wow! ha ha.
I belong in the third age! ha ha

sauron
i dont like seventh age

i want to go back and fight hoplessly against morgoth, i like it when theres no hope and you have to do amazingly risky things

PippinTook
laughing out loud I do too! Hahaha.

Exa
exactly my opinion ^^ thats why I like melkor so much

sauron
because hes big and beastly big grin

bloody interfering valar mad

melkor love

Sifer
You definately wouldn't be saying that if he was stood in front of you.

Exa

sauron
love

he is so beastly big grin and strong, and sexy...well not s sexy but you know http://stonia.ttu.ee/gallery/tolk-morgoth.jpg

http://img-fan.theonering.net/rolozo/images/krueger/morgoth.jpg

sauron
BIG BIG BIG picture that one stick out tongue

Ariadne
Yep, definitely big big big picture big grin Very cool though.

Exa
I love the second picture... havent seen this anywhere yet... where is it from?

isnt the other one by Nasmith?
He doesnt look really cool there... too little gothic points and lines which really suit him

Kitoky
I do too and be reuinited with my Witch King. love

sauron
http://stonia.ttu.ee/gallery/

has pics like

Smaug over Esgaroth

http://stonia.ttu.ee/gallery/tolk-smaug.jpg

frodo and nazgul
http://stonia.ttu.ee/gallery/tolk-ford.jpg

needless to say its in my favourites

Kitoky
Hey Sauron, isn't Esgaroth, Lake Town? I forgot. blink Cool pics!!
but why does Asfaloth look so small?

sauron
hmmmm, hes up against a nazgul mordor horse?

Kitoky
Well......Frodo's a hobbit c'mon! He looks like a big regular man on Asfaloth....

Exa
Arent they both made by Howe?

`Perfect artist smile

Kitoky
I'm anot a big fan of Alan Lee but I really like John Howe because Howe goes for more action. Alan Lee does for settling pictures with alot of detail, I think they used more of Lee's work for the designs but used Howe's works for action sequences.

sauron
lol i read somewhere that when they were sketching the shire howe got bored and drew hobbits attacking each other

Kitoky
rofl, hahhahahahah, yeah I heard of that, it's hilarious.

sauron
also after that it read pj wanted to put it on the dvd to show people because ot was hilarious, but it was rather gory lol

Kitoky
Haahahahahahaha

Exa
That's true, Howe always has enourmous energy and movement in his drawings even if there is no real movement

Kitoky
That's basically what I said.

aniron
how many years are there in an age?

sauron
a possibility is that they end after a significant event

age one, morgoths banishment
age two, war of the ring, sauron defeated.....or is he
age three, ... no hes not sauron defeated again, elrond leaves middle earth

although i have heard that said i dont really believe it too much, im not sure if there is a set number on the length of an age messed oh exa?

Exa
big grin big grin

There is no specific Length of and Age of the Sun (which first, second, third and so on are); first a little less than 600 years(583?), second age 3441 years, third... errh... 3021 years.

But before the rising of the sun, time was counted in the Ages Of Valinor, which had a specific length... one takes 100 Valian Years, but one is as long as about 10 years of the sun, thus the actual length of all 35 valinorean ages together is about 33537 years of the sun big grin

aniron
well then sepetmber 11th was a huge event, lets live in the eighth age and make it a lotr one YEY

sauron
big grin well done big grin

33537 years, i would get VERY bored in that time smile i couldnt do it

Exa
Important, yes, but not the way important that used to start new ages... we would have to kill some dark lord or something stick out tongue

The last important thing was 2000 years ago stick out tongue possible that either the 6th or the 7th age started there.

sauron
the worst thing to happen in living memory was the holocaust i think,

Aurora
oh I want to see them. I wish they had more of John and Alan working on the set. It is facinating to see them work.

I believe that PJ will put out more special features eventually. I hope!!

Exa
I dont think it sould really be a bad thing to end an age... rather something happy smile (ok melkors defeat is not happy stick out tongue but well...)

sauron
trying to say my defeat is exa sad

stick out tongue

Exa
Didnt want to say that I think you know that

The only happy thing is the leaving of Elrond ^^
though not for the elves of Valinor stick out tongue

sauron
yeah poor elves of valinor

"i see smith in the distance"

"MR ringbearer, welcome to valinor"

*neo pops round the corner*

*big assed fight scene*

manwe: I DO NOT CONDONE VIOLENCE ON MY ISLE

*elrond is then banished and must return to middle earth.... middle earth then gets confused and wonders if it should go back into the third age seeing as elrond never left....*

Exa
laughing laughing laughing

Im just wondering what the hell Morgoth did all the time out there in the void... watching the others crawling over the earth? playing cards? watching tv?

sauron
there is no life in the void

only death

stick out tongue

but hes not dead so thats a lie lol i can think of 'some' things he probably got up too, but seeing as this is a pg 13 thread il not utter them big grinbig grin

do you think manwe sends him food, i hope so lol or if every so often he sends him a bigger more challenging rubix cube

Exa
big grin big grin big grin big grin

I think not.. poor morgoth no

errr ok bit offtopic big grin

sauron
oh come on exa im ALWAYS off topic and normally i take you with me so just enjoy the ride stick out tongue

Exa
Ok fine cool
The problem is just that I hate being offtop big grin

sauron
id have thought youd have been used to it seeing as me and kit seems experts in changing the convo round.....such as me somehow changing a thread into haldir commiting suicide lol

Exa
Yes but if I have to answer it... dunno how to say... well I dun like it smile
But however lets go on... what did we just say before?

Ushgarak
Well, subject was long ago dealt with... closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.