Luke and Leia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
So, when will they be born. Will it be at the end of EP2, perhaps while Anakin is on a mission(which completes his turn to the dark side) and the queen takes them into hiding after hearing. OR is it the beginning of EP3, and one of the main plot lines is trying to hide them. I most likely think it will be the middle(how long is a pregnancy is the SW universe? I mean will the queen be pregnant at the beginning or is pregnancy quicker?) After they are born, I assume OB1 says he'll take and look after Luke on Tatooine and Padme takes Leia to live with her on Alderaan(where she will be killed by a bounty hunter) then Ob1 goes to whoop up and Anakin/Vader and knocks him into the pit. Then he returns to Tatooine where Yoda awaits him, telling him to keep an out for the boy, because when the time comes, he will truely bring balance to the force.

darth stu
it makes more sense to have them born at the beginning of E3 simply because otherwise, you have to spend an entire movie (either 2 or 3) with Padme pregnant. also, if they are born at the end of 2, you could have their safety and secrecy be a major issue in 3. where are they? do they almost get discovered or killed or etc.

cheers

Darth Daft
I agree that they will be born in Episode 3. Do you think we may see Amidala die giving birth to them or would that no fit in well with what Leia says in ROTJ?

Jedimaster3838
It would be weird seeing her die giving child birth. Maybe Luke and Leia are so strong in the Force that Padme, with no Force, cannot withstand their power and it kills her. However, I must say I think she is killed by a bounty hunter, but Anakin is made to think it was OB1 or perhaps another Jedi?

Gundark
The wedding will take place sometime in the middle of ep2. It won't happen at the end because I don't think George will end ep2 on a happy note. The twins birth will be in ep3 since the wedding will be in ep2 and two big events like that probably won't be in the same movie. Obi-Wan will take Luke back to Tatoonie to live with Owen and Beru and Amidala will take Leia to Alderaan with her. There is so much speculation as to Amidala's death, it could be anything at this point, even a pure accident. I also think part of the reason Luke is left with Owen and Beru is that they are not force-sensitive, thus with Luke there, there wouldn't be three or even two of them together, drawing a lot of attention from emporer with a lot of power concentrated in one place. Plus, Tatoonine is on the outer rim, not in the Empire's central jurisdiction.

Darth Daft
I don't think we'll definately see their wedding. I could imagine the prologue crawl for Episode 3 saying something like "Anakin Skywalker and Queen Amidala have married and" and so on.

Gundark
...and Anakin, under the watchful eye of Obi-Wan Kenobi continues his Jedi training.....

theEviljedi
TheForce.Net has a article saying Luke will be 4 at the end of Episode III.So if this is indeed true,they will have to be born in Episode II if not sooner.

Darth Daft
Yes it would be good to see Luke as a young boy.

Ratcat
They will be very young in EpIII, maybe even quite newboarn. That's my theory anyway.

I suspect we may well see a rather bunned up Padme throughout Ep-III as well.

Darth Daft
I think Rick MacCallum said that we would only see Luke and Leia as babies. Not kids. I forgot where I heard him say it though.

Ratcat
That;s what I was basing my post on DD. Couldn't remeber if is was RM or GL who said it though. Thanks for the info.

Darth Daft
No prob.

I still wonder why Amidala takes Leia to live as a royal princess and leaves Luke as a farmboy on tatooine. Seems unfair to me.

Ratcat
Nor really, Obi Wan explains it to luke in ROTJ. By seperating them and birth and taking Leia to Alderaan, she remained safely anonymous.

It would alm ost indicate that the twins werew born on Tatooine though.

Darth Daft
Ah I see. I miss everything.

Dim
Yeah, I missed that too...I didn't remember the "taking" part...( I still don't, but that's okay smile )

Ratcat
I'd have to check the ROTJ video to be sure but tha's how I remember it.

Darth Daft
Actually I watched it and he doesn't even mention Alderaan. He just says something about seperating Luke and Leia and then he says "that is why your sister remains safely anonymous." Then Luke says, "Leia! Leia's my sister!"

Gundark
Anonymous to everyone that isn't force-sensitive, that is.

theEviljedi
Vader was force sensitive.So was Palpatine.

Darth Daft
Yes but I guess their insight doesn't serve them well.

Gundark
"Difficult to see...always in motion is the future"

Darth Daft
You just made me think of something. Time-travel has never been introduced to the Star Wars universe. Not even in the EU. I wonder if it'll ever be used.

Gundark
Since George made the middle triology first, it sounds like a logical concept, but it some cases time travel would have to involve some flashbacks...well, maybe not. I had something in my head before I started to reply to this but now its gone. I have to think about this some more.

Ratcat
Yeah, that would put it right up there with Star Trek. Brannon Braga your public needs you!!!!

theEviljedi
Always emotion the future is Gundark.

Ratcat
Huh???? Surely you mean: "Alway IN MOTION the future is" ???

Darth Daft
I think it would be IN MOTION, not emotion. Makes more sense to me.

theEviljedi
Turn the close caption button on then you will find your answer.And emotion does make since.Feelings and emotion were a key part to Luke and the other's relationship.

Darth Daft
Wheres the close caption button?

theEviljedi
Find it yourself.I don't know what kind of T.V. you have.

Darth Daft
Erm, I don't believe I have a close caption button on my TV. Can't even find it on the remote.

theEviljedi
Read the manual that came with it.All tv's have one.Check the programing section in the instructions.

Darth Daft
How do you know that all TVs have one? Are you sure british ones do?

theEviljedi
Like I said ALL T.V.'s do.

Darth Daft
Mine doesn't. Whats the button actually meant to do?

theEviljedi
It's not a button.It is in the section that you program your T.V.Closed Captioning shows the words for deaf people.

Darth Daft
No I'm pretty sure my computer doesnt have it. I just checked the script though. And ya know what? You were wrong, boy, you were wrong. Yoda says "always in motion"

theEviljedi
It could have gone ethier way is what I really meant by saying that.

Ratcat
FYI: Close Caption is not built in as standard in europe currently.

But at least it gave you something to talk about. Sheeesh!

theEviljedi
Not currently but recently.

Darth Daft
Ah I thought so. Don't remember ever seeing the subtitles on my screen. Well unless its on digital TV.

Gundark
DD, where did your tv come from? Mars?

Darth Daft
I don't actually own the TV, it belongs to the YMCA.

Gundark
My dad has been servicing tv's as his own business for about the last 30 years. When I win the lottery, I'm gonna ship every a tv who doesn't have one smile smile

Darth Daft
That would be great Gundark. If I win the lottery though, I'm just going to start collecting Star Wars figures. Can you believe I don't even have ONE!

Ratcat
When I win the lottery I'm gonna go live in the Grand Floridian Hotel at Walt Disney World for a year.

Oh, BTW. Luke and Leia were babies when they were born. (Keeping post on topic) laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
I just saw this, and was bringing up the point that I hope you guys look for previous posts before making a topic on something, if it is closed and you want to expand thoughts, leave a note in the Suggestions forum. I am not sure, but almost positive that this is at LEAST the 3rd post on L&L's birth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.