Elephant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheShadowsSmile
Has anyone seen this documentary on school shootings? I liked it, but I have a question: Has it been released on DVD yet? Can someone suggest a site that lists upcoming DVD releases? Thanks.

RomanOstrovsky
I was in Elephant and it was great!. I played the red head kid and gus van sant is a great director

A Talking Dog
the red head kid? are you in the credits?

movieman
The red head kid? What exactly did you do?

The movie kind of blew anyway.

startxthexmosh
has anyone seen this movie?it is great.if you haven't,i recommend it.

Cinemaddiction
You can find my anti-"Elephant" rant right here.

I thought it was poor, personally.

Mr Zero
Ignore CA - his taste in movies is notoriously poor.

Cinemaddiction
Guess some people have yet to grasp the in's and out's of personal subjectivity. It's not even that when it comes to this "film", it's a director failing in the one arena this movie was supposed to shine.

Realism.

startxthexmosh
have you seeen A Clockwork Orange?i heard it was good but i dunno if i should rent it or not...?

Mr Zero
What the hell is subjective about saying "I th...."

Oh... crap.

BackFire
Seemed pretty realistic too me, way more then other films that have dealt with similar subject matter.

forumcrew
yea i agree with back fire and zero i thought it was pretty good but not great although i have agreed with CA before and everyone has a right to their opinion and reasoning behind it.. atleast he gives a reason why he doesnt like it instead of saying it sucks

roundisfunny
Having rented it on a whim, I liked watching it the first time, not knowing what it was about. I'm not sure how well I'd enjoy subsequent viewings.

But, for someone who's never seen it, I'd recommend you check it out.

papabeard
I was wondering why this film is called Elephant anyone know?

MildPossession
found this, took the name from a tv series:

'From Elephant(1989 series) The title of which "comes from the writer Bernard MacLaverty, who said that the Troubles were like having an elephant in your living room".'

papabeard
Excellent work, Thanks!

Cinemaddiction
Actually, the blonde haired Eminem look alike also had a collection of different elephant pieces in his room. There's also the saying that "an elephant never forgets", in reference to the abuse the kids took, and now comes the backlash.

I'll merge this with the existing thread, where we actually already discussed this.

MildPossession
"alike also had a collection of different elephant pieces in his room"

Yeah hence what I added above.

Myth
This along with the explanation that they wanted to kiss for the sake of kissing before they died both seem to make sense.

As for the argument about the reason, studies have suggested that violent video games do not create a catharsis but actually do the opposite. Therefore, these guys obviously like violence, which would be why they don't discriminate who they kill. This along with a the Nazi stuff all show the mindset of the people that commit these crimes. It doesn't show the reasons for why they are in this mindset, but maybe thats what Van Sant was trying to show. Not the reason, but the mindset of such kids.

Anyway, I loved the movie. The only (thats "only"wink thing I didn't like was that it ends so randomly. You can assume he kills the two in the meat locker but I want to know if the kid is killed or arrested.

Solo
Wonderful film. Although, I thought the homosexual content was unnecessary. It just wasn't needed, didn't add any emotional depth in the story or anything.

C-Dic
God. We're still discussing this pretentious piece of shit?

Myth
Yes we are smile

dementedde
It's been rented down my local shop. I want to watch this, my friend also had this on DVD so I might ask to lend it off him.

Chris Bohanna
Hey, I'm going to probably sound like a complete moron asking this, but does anyone know what the name of that song that that kid played on the piano in his room is and who originally made it? Thanks.

C-Dic
"Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven.

Chris Bohanna
Originally posted by C-Dic
"Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven.

Thanks smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.