Horror movies from Asia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
I think this is where all of the original ideas in the horror genre are now coming from. Takes the likes of The Ring Trilogy, The Eye, Dark Water, The Audition and Ichi The Killer and compare their originality to that of the countless teen slasher movies coming from the states. I predict 2004 will see Asia continue to overtake the rest of the world in this department.

samhain
I can't actually say that Dark Water was scary, The Eye was good but only in parts. Neither film is as good as Ring, Does this mean that Asia, like the states are struggling to find a horror movie as good as the one which put it on the map? I'm not saying that there will be no good horrors coming out of the far east soon but don't expect any of them to surpass Ring.

BackFire
I saw ichi the killer and wasn't impressed. I have audition rented right now but haven't watched it yet.

samhain
I have heard a few good things about Audition. The dvd cover looks very haunting. But then don't judge a film by it's cover.

Nastybutlerbob
Ricki OH was a very interesting piece of Japanese kung fu gore.....definitely see where some influence for kill bill came from

BackFire
Also, I'm dying to see Men Behind the Sun, a japanese horror film about the horror's endured by teh chinese during world war 2 at the hands of japanese torture camps. Supposedly it's very stomach churning, too bad it's so difficult to come accross.

zombieman
I wasnt necessarily saying they were the best films in the world, just very original ideas, something which this genre in general is lacking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.