what a day i had thursday!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

saucybird007
For those of you that dont know...which i dont think is many, im a veterinary nurse.
Anyway, first of all i got called into work at 3am coz a dog needed to be operated on, i got home at 7am after that.
I started work again at 12pm. When i got into work the dog was doing well. We had 5 otherer ops booked in for that day.
It got to 5pm and the vets started to do their afternoon consults. All was going well and the 2 phones calls can in at the sametime (which was very freaky) saying there animals had been hit by a car. One was a dog and the other was a cat. I told the vet and set up for the 2 RTA's.

They both arrived at pretty much the same time, the cat was a lot worse than the dog so we saw to that first. The cat died though sad
It was now 7pm and just after i put the phones over to the on call vet the phone rang again and it was another RTA blink
So they came down, it was another dog but just as we where treating him for shock he died too. very sad day really.

But to top it all off, we had a dog that had been in the body freezer for 3days because the owner wasnt sure if they wanted his ashes back after the cremation so we had his body on hold. Then they phoned at 8pm to say they didnt want the ashes back. So myself and another nurse had to change the body bag...not a nice job!
I took the dog out of the hold bag, it was a german shepherd so it was quite big. I was holding it up whilst the other nurse was putting him into the new bag and when i went to let go i couldnt because my hand had got frozen to his leg. It was -1 outside anyway which wasnt helping matters. mad The other nurse quickly ran in & part boiled the kettle to try and defrost my hand. At this point i never knew whether to laugh or cry after the day i had had! I finally left work at 930pm and ended up going to A&E for 5hours because i had part burns on the back of my hand from the boiling water and frost bite on my fingers!

As anyone else had one of those days where you wish you had never got out of bed?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

boogie
It must be sad seeing animals die sad Im an animal lover myself..i dunno if I could take that job, sounds rewarding, although depressing at the same time...

juggernaut26
yea but i'll give ya that i never got my hand frozen to a dog and german shepherds are one of my favorite types of dogs my fav is irish wolfhounds cuz i saw three at a kennel once and they were really cool and HUGE!

saucybird007
eek! i have Irish wolfhounds!

Yeah it is very rewarding. But when it comes to putting animals down you just have to switch off to it. You cant get emotionally attached. You have to think whats best for the animal.

I never want to stuck to a dog again! laughing out loud

juggernaut26
NO WAY!!! YOU HAVE IRISH WOLFHOUNDS!!!! that's awsome you are so lucky

mechmoggy
I wish I'd stopped in bed most days.

Except today of course, cus I've blagged the afternoon off so I can finish a Uni assignment. big grin

cermiestar
laughing out loud

saucybird007
Mech your great! big grin

mechmoggy
I know!

big grin

juggernaut26
lol by the way mech that's an awsome sig did you make that lightsabre?

saucybird007
and so modest! stick out tongue

mechmoggy
stick out tongue

Thanks juggernaut, but no I didn't. Dimmy made it for me some time ago. Do you like the Happy Mondays lyric? I think it sums up my character quite well. yes

saucybird007
yes it does! big grin

im off now peeps. have fun xx

Linkalicious
i have all the respect in the world for anyone who takes care of the needy. Sorry your thursday sucked, hope your hand gets better. and i hope your monday is much better off...

saucybird007
Thanks Linkalicious. My week has been much better so far. Except i cant use my index and middle finger on my left hand messed

Daedalus
*kisses your hand*

Fire
sounds like a b*tch of a day saucy

anywayz why not take water which was still hot but not that hot

saucybird007
embarrasment thanks big grin

saucybird007
Fire - anywayz why not take water which was still hot but not that hot huh

Fire
well now she pored boiling water over it, ofc that would free your hand, but it would also burn your hand. if you pore water of about 90 degrees farnheit on it, it would normaly not burn your hand and still would set you free from the dog after a while,
another useful option (tho you might not have had it) is a hairdryer: that'll do the trick as well

saucybird007
laughing out loud the water wasnt boiling just hot. An there is only on plug socket in the shed and the body freezer was plugged into it.

I didnt care what she did at the time, i just wanted my fingers off the dead dog!

Fire
oke (always try to remain calm that usualy helps)

saucybird007
laughing out loud I did.

I have to go to work now. Its been nice chatting to you smile
Take care and have a good day. Bye

mechmoggy
Fire sure does know a few methods to remove frozen dogs from ones hand. What the f**k?

Fire
I once got my hand stuck to a cold icecream scoper I figured those methods would work on a dog as well

LarryTheArch
its hard to watch an animal die... my cat died in front of me... *hugs and kisses*

Corran
Saucy, poor baby, hope you are having better days now. if you need hugs just give me a call.

LarryTheArch
ah! lucifer...

saucybird007
*calls Corran* shifty

Im used to watching them die. It doesnt bother me anymore. Yes its sad, but thats life.

All is good, the tips of my fingers are purple but all is good blink

mechmoggy
A really poor joke about Chili dogs just popped into my head.

I have no shame. embarrasment

Corran
Then share it with the rest of the class.

mechmoggy
I thought it would have been self explanatory, given Saucy's Thursday fiasco. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Linkalicious
New Thursday.

Yesterday i played raquet ball and got hit by the ball 2 times (F that sport). Went to a bar and tried to buy a drink for the only recovering alcoholic in the building. (who goes to a bar for a water with lemon?) Got piss faced drunk. Went to bed at 3:30 and woke up at 6:00. The only thing i hate worst than 2 1/2 hours sleep is waking up drunker than when i fell asleep....

saucybird007
Mech, what was the joke??

Corran, i loves ya big grin

N.Tonks
dead animals are creepy...they're all cold and stiff messed I had to pick up my friend's dead hamster for her and it was really gross sick

Corran
Mmmm dead hamsters.

mechmoggy
I can't remember the exact joke now, but the pun was at Saucy's expense....

Chilli dogs = Chilly dogs. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry Saucy big grin

saucybird007
laughing out loud thats ok mech, as its you i will let you off this once stick out tongue

saucybird007
I dont think i should of changed vet surgery's messed

I was at work on Wednesday and the vet dropped a full 500ml glass bottle on my head. I ended up in A&E for 7 hours and i have a hairline fracture on my skull. I have been signed of work for the rest of the week.
laughing out loud Life just gets better and better blink

Oh my fingers are fine now, thats one good thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.