I can see a possible simalrity..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
...Between the Ents in Lord of the Rings and the Centaurs in Harry Potter. What i mean is, the Ents in Lord of the Rings were neutral at the start of the battle for Middle Earth and the reason Saruman was defeated is because he didnt consider the Ents in his plans and didnt think they would oppose him in the war.

I think something similar will happen with the Centaurs in HP, The war will be going badly for the good wizards until the centaurs pick their side, Voldermort will not have featured them in his plans and will be taken be surprise when the fight against him.

I think it will be them that sway the war in book 7.

Candy
hmmm...
i dunno, its possible, i had a thought, too that they'll change their mind in book 6/7 and will help dumbledore...

Maikahyandowen
noooo way. no similarities there.short of burning down the dark forest, the centaurs aren't going to get involved. and IF they do, it will not be for the wizards' benifit. only theirs. they care nothing for the troubles of others. with the exception of Firenze.

Phoenix
I think INDIVIDUAL centaurs may get involved, but not the centaurs as a group

Maikahyandowen
yeah. they weren't terribly thrilled when Harry and Hermoine and Umbridge went in their forest. even the great Harry Potter is dispised by them. Umbridge is dispised by everyone, so she doesn't count.

Rachel Riddle
erm,...the ents in lotr were really neutral, like you said, but the centaurs, are against humans.
i think it is possible, that the centaurs may play a bigger part later. on which side is hard to tell, but i guess the good ones! wink cuz they are not really bad, they just don't like humans...so i think they won't join the dark lord.
but i see no connection to the ents...

Candy
yeah.... i cant see a really connecton, too. but it's really true... lord of the rings is the mother of whole fantasy books and i think i can call it the best book over the world and i havent got to lie. none before jrr tolkien made such a big and fantastic (every deatil is planed every deatail is from a mans head) world!

Maikahyandowen
i don't think they'll do anything more dramatic than what they did to Umbridge. they could always do it again......... devilhttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/blow.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/fish.gif

Rachel Riddle
the best book all over the world?

hmm, could never say that! don't know, enough books... laughing

furious_socks
the best book for sure is written by me. its called how to say hi in one simple word.. i wont spoil the surprise on how to do it. the word thats inside the book but by all means go bu a copy for $999.95 and take a glimps of the word smile

Rachel Riddle
er... hi! wink laughing

Candy
yeah i reackon the best...
i dunno but ive heard really many people say and erm... it really planned into evry detail... i dont mean the best for veryone, but the best planned!

Rachel Riddle
at least the best planned i know... wink

Candy
yeah... i reackon its the best, soprry if ya know a better guyz...
heard it often...wink first fantasy and that stuff ya know.

Maikahyandowen
the best? that, is subject to debate.

Candy
which book is more planned do YOu think, maikah.... (must i write yer name full? :laughsmile

Maikahyandowen
yes! it's SO much more impressive that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.