rotk bearly got #1 from bug fish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
THIS WEEKEND Final grosses released on Monday reversed the positions of the top two estimated films and saw The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King remain at number one for the fourth consecutive frame while Big Fish expanded nationally and took second. Sony's weekend estimate for Fish ended up being $689,000 too high while King advanced by $84,000 beyond New Line's weekend estimate.

With a weekend take of $14.2M, according to final studio figures, The Return of the King dropped 50% from last weekend, but managed to shoot its cume up to a staggering $312.3M. The trilogy ender blasted through the $300M mark on Friday, its 24th day of release and became the second fastest movie in box office history to reach that milestone trailing just Spider-Man which accomplished the feat in 22 days in May 2002. King now sits at number 13 on the list of all-time domestic blockbusters between The Fellowship of the Ring ($314.2M including the recent re-release) and Star Wars Episode II ($310.7M including the Imax run). After 26 days of play, The Return of the King is still running 10% ahead of The Two Towers which had grossed $283.4M by the same point a year ago.

Collecting $13.8M in ticket sales, Sony's Big Fish successfully widened into national play after four robust weeks in limited release. The PG-13 film averaged a solid $5,740 from 2,406 playdates and brought its overall cume to $23.4M. Nominated for four Golden Globes, Big Fish stars Ewan McGregor as a young man who lives out the tall tales told by his older self played by Globe nominee Albert Finney. The $70M film skewed towards adult women with 55% of the audience being female and 65% under the age of 30, according to studio research. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Melani
NOOOO BIG FISH IS A GAY MOVIE!!!!!!!!

manny321
sorry big fish guys

manny321
hmm rotk is #1 this weekend beating big fish !!!!!

Aurora
Yeahhhh go ROTK!!

manny321
surprised,

enya
big fish?
huh?
wots dat about
it cant be as good as rotk

manny321
it almost beat rotk, but rotk come up in top
1.rotk-14.2
2. big fish 13.8

enya
iz big fish an american film then?

i neva heard of it?

ps go return of the king and yah seein it again wed

manny321
yeah its domestic boxoffice

enya
oh

i trust u when u say rotk is better

thanx

KingOfGondor292
ROTK rox WAY more than Big Fish... definatlysad

azszhz
Rotk could kick any movies ass! end of discussion!

ilvorlandobloom
big fish looks so stupid! has anyoneone in here seen it?

azszhz
No but even if. Rotk is still the best movie and always will be

Izz
What's it about?

azszhz
i think it was based on a book or something but thats all i know and i could be wrong

Discos
am afriad that sort of slander shouldnt be permitted on this board, lol, Try and keep offensive comments like that to yourself

I am surprised from being from the United Kingdom you have never heard of this movie - when was the last time you was to the cinema as I have seen the advert everytime I have been to see Lord of the rings and also "stuck on you"

Right, its about Ewan explaining a tale of his fathers life - the advert doesnt explain the movie that match (btw Danny DeVito is in it), during his teen years he expanded in height and was some sort of a really tall guy, then for some reason he goes to the forest and finds a quiet man who is roughly 9 foot tall and they leave the time as he quotes "you're not too big for this time, this town is just too small", so they leave town and I am guessing that they go to another town and join the circus which was there - there is where he falls in love with someone, lol a fantastic quote from which Ewan shouts to his love "I love you and I WILL marry you!"

As Melani said it is quite of a "rubbish" film, it looks ot be set in the 30's I think I am not 100% sure, I doubt I will go see it at all. very dull, no storyline

Discos - for some reason two middle age people get into a bathtub together with their clothes on

Discos
Forgot to add my 2 cents....Return of the king will not be over-run by this movie, i dont even think its hit the UK yet so that could be a bit of a nightmare for ROTK.

fini
UHHH this thread again?????????????/...............MAH where are u ??, we have wayyyyyyyyyyy too many repeat threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.