Who was the most touching actor in ROTK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hobbit_lover
I think for sure the most touching charcter was Sam!!! he was sooo great in Return of the king I hope he wins something for his role he was just excellent!!!

Melani
Yes Sam was Very very touching!!! I think Sam amd Merry are the most touching

hobbit_lover
I just have to ask why do you think merry was most touching?

Kitoky
I didn't really think Merry really had the most touching act I think he was in TT but not RotK

I think Sam did the best, you just wanted to cry when you see Sam

Pirate_Girly
I love sam . he wasnt my fave char, but i thought he was the most touching, and after that very closely came Pippin, cause he sang his song, and he just had other touching lines

Izz
Arwen ofcourse! 'I wish I could have seen him, one last time' That was soo sad.

Exa
Sam, Eowyn, Faramir - and DENETHOR as well as GOLLUM.

glaurung
Theoden

Theoden's death scene, when he says that he finally go to his anscestors an no longer feel ashamed definitely get my vote for the most touching moment

azszhz
Samwise the brave. poor sam. it made me cry so much

Kitoky
Sam sam!!!!!

"Don't go, Mr. Frodo....Don't go where I can't follow!"

Discos
Eowyn is mine, just the way she accepted Merry into the part of going to war.

cermiestar
gollum....i pitied him..

pip-foot
Sam was definatly extreamly touching, but when pippin sang his song, he topped Sam. but i have to agree that the whole movie was touching, especially the three hobbits: Merry, Sam, and Pippin.

fini
SAM all the way. there is no one who was involved in sooooooo many emotional parts in ROTK ( hell the whole series). Everyone else had one or two scenes, but sam leveled them all.

enya
most o the characters were touchint ome int
but sam was by far the most touchin

wyhen frodo sent him away..when he carried him e.t.c

alittle part of me pity gollum and a very little part of me felt sorry for denethor as he was grievin
BUT he shudnt of been so mean to pippin and faramir

Leggy_n_Merry
Oh my god it was definitely Sam! awwww but no ones voted for Frodo yet i was gonna do him but i thought Sam was more. esp coz frodo actaully took the ring and had to carry such a heavy burden and when he was literally draggin himself up mount doom sad omg that was so touching and the music that went with it omg it was just brilliant but sam was definitely the most touching i reckon and so do most of you ppl in here smile and i agree pippin singing his lil song omg that was soo emotional! awww hes so sweet and the way the horses came on running and everything it was just brilliant!

awww look at him crying bless him sad that part of the film was very emotional too! smile

Kitoky
Leggy n Merry why'd you have to go and post that? *sniff* Now I'm crying, I always cry when I saw Sam cry...*sobs*

enya
*joins in with the cryin* me too *just about speaks* i love sam

BOPRecruit 16
i think the most touching characters were frodo and faramir. for the times that frodo had to face as he carried the ring. faramir, for his feelings of being second best or not mattering to his father. *sniff*

enya
i felt so sorry for faramir, i mean his father did try to kill him

BOPRecruit 16
enya: did you cry when they were talking in the palace about which son should've died?

enya
yeah dat was sooo sad

how cud he just say to his son i which u would of died instead of boromir

EVIL- careful or u will get me cryin again

Kitoky
I'm sorry, I have to object, the Denethor didn't try to kill him. He though Faramir was already dead and so since he saw the armies outside his city he instantly thought, "My heir is dead...there is no hope.."
Then he goes and thinks, 'I will not stand and let the enemy kill me, I will do it myself' kinda thing, and so yeah him and Faramir.

But when the Denethor was looking at Faramir through the fire he was trying to say, "I love you..." Because he realized that well he loves his son.

So don't be so bitter to Denethor ok?

enya
true true

but if u look at my first post i do say i do feel a little bit of sympathy for him

if only he listen to merry

and he did say the whole i wishh u had died instead line

Leggy_n_Merry
aww im sorry for making you cry lol its so sad i agree sad and i hated it when Denethor said that he'd wished what happened to Boromir had happened to Faramir instead, aswell and the way Faramir was nearly crying u could like see the tears in his eyes (sorta) awww i love that bit of the film its also so emotional sad bless him. i love Faramir hes one of my favourite charatcers - i didnt really think much of him in ttt (seeing as they made him nasty sad) but in rotk i just loved him!
"My Lord, Osgiliath is overrun!" I love that quote!

enya
i didnt think much of him until i saw the extended version of TTTs for the same reasons as u but also like u i really like him now

i lov edat quote too i heard all the time when i listen to the traila b4 the film release ova and ova and ova (catch me drifted)

hobbit_lover
I'll I still think Sam is the best but after reading some other messages I think Frodolove was very touching too and Faramir!

KingOfGondor292
I feel sorry for Faramir (his father didnt love him), Frodo and Pippin but I think Sam is the most touching. I mean, when Frodo tells him to go home is emotionalsad And when Sam finds Frodo and thinks he is dead is sad...

"Dont go where I cant follow,"

sad That was sad...

Also the Gray Havens was sad, when Sam was crying and he was like "You dont mean that... you cant leave!" ... sad

Sean Astin really played a good Sam though!

stinkfist462
sam.

Kitoky
Merry? Dear lord....there are 2 people who confused Merry with Pippin....Oh no.

szhismine
Sam. big grin definately Sam.

then Faramir, Pippin, and Frodo.

enya
whoops my bad

i meant pippin

watch return of the king again yesterday and i thought i would hold in the tears this time i lasted until frodo sent sam away then i just burst into tears- and when falls down the stairs- awwwww

i was more upset when theoden die this time for sum reason

and pippins song got me again

oh and lets not forget sams best line about the carry frodo- again burst into tears- and u cant leave- again awww

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.