Online Film Critics Society Name 'Mulholland Drive,' 'Memento' Best Pic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
I just copied this from another site.

David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive" has been awarded 17 prizes by the Online Film Critics Society.

Made up of 96 internet film critics who publish movie reviews primarily online, the OFCS was formed in 1997.

Lynch took best director nod, while Naomi Watts was given a best actress prize as well as one for "breakthrough performance." Angelo Badalamenti was given an award for best score.

"Mulholland Drive" had to share at least two prizes, one for best original screenplay with Alejandro Amenabar's "The Others," and another for best picture with Christopher Nolan's "Memento."

Nolan was given a best adapted screenplay prize and the breakthrough filmmaker award.

Best actor award went to Billy Bob Thornton for his role as the troubled barber in the Coen brothers' "The Man Who Wasn't There," while Jennifer Connelly was named best supporting actress her role opposite Russell Crowe as John Nash's wife in Ron Howard's "A Beautiful Mind."

Steve Buscemi took best supporting actor for his part in Terry Zwigoff's quirky "Ghost World." Best ensemble cast prize went to Robert Altman's "Gosford Park."

"Shrek" took best animated feature award, while Jean-Pierre Jeunet's "Amelie" won best foreign language film prize.

No awards for LOTR, Harry Potter, A.I or Moulin Rouge?

ToMacco
That's because Harry Potter sucked. stick out tongue

King Jedi
What about the rest?

Ushgarak
Go Memento, I say.

King Jedi
It's looking good for Momento. That's 3 different awards where it's won best picture. I don't get it. confused

Zed
I have heard alot of good things about Mulholland Drive, altough have not seen it yet.

Memento is also a good movie that is slowly getting recognition.

Though LOTR:FOTR deserves much more awards, as being one of the best movies out for a long time.

King Jedi
Why is Moulin Rouge being ignored by nearly all the awards?

mechmoggy
Cus its poo-doo. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.