Seriously, Master and Commander, seriously!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
I know this should be in a different forum, but I really what to talk about it with OTF people. Anyone see it?! If not I highly recommend it. I could see it seriously winning best picture at the Academy Awards.

lil bitchiness
dot you mean it should be in a different ''forum'' wink

gabimr2
hahaha right..

well tired hicker.--I really not feel like to see that movie erm

Tired Hiker
Okay okay, now check this out . . . .. ! Why?!!

Tired Hiker
Thanks, Lils. I made the necessary changes! smile

So, why have you not seen it?

lil bitchiness
There was this hauge poster of it when i worked at the cinema, and it stood there for ages, and for ages ive been planning to see it, then i saw the trailer for it and i as like....meh, it looks...ok. Then i had the chance to go and see it, bt i didnt because the person i was with hated Russel Crowe...and now after all this time of waiting to see it...it looks teadious...confused

Tired Hiker
Ah ha!!! Okay. The reason why I put off seeing this movie for so long was becuase I felt the same way about this movie on so many levels. It ended up not being what I thought. It was smarter, and way more andventurous.

VallejoKid707
Uuh! Hated this movie!

lil bitchiness
See..comments like that just put me off...even more!

Tired Hiker
Did you really? Did you even see it, VK?

JKozzy
It looks good, but IMO RotK will take it home; I've got a gut on that.

Tired Hiker
Pretty safe to say that ROTK will take it home and that is why I was so surprised when I saw Master And Commander. It had the same fantastic elements as ROTK, but the accounts were based on reality, not fantasy. The director of MAC was Australian, I believe. Peter Weihr, or however you spell it, he directed Witness and some other great films.

JKozzy
My basic opinion: I love good movies! They make you feel all good about yourself and the world yes
They should just have a general awards ceremony also, for all good movies out there, so everyone knows not only the best of the best, but the ones that are still the best big grin

Tired Hiker
Okay, seriously though. Forget comparing Master and Commander with anything and this and that, blah blah bluuie!

Just see it sometime. I bet you will really enjoy it, especially if you know a good movie when you see one.

lil bitchiness
I dont know....i want to see S.W.A.T first..for obvious reasons! big grin

OMG you guys have you seen the ''Tears of The Sun'' i loved that movie and it wasnt as big of a hit sad

VallejoKid707
Yeah I saw it. Maybe it was just not my kind of movie. I like comedies and action movies. I just thought it had a lot of storylines. But I think that doctor guy was pretty cool.

Tired Hiker
Also, realize, Master and Commander was based on a book series far more vast than Tolkien's work. Okay, I'll stop. I love both Tolkien and Patrick O'Brian. But O'Brian's stories dwell within a fantasy that actually existed.

JKozzy
And Tolkien's didn't and I love them all big grin

Tired Hiker
Yes, that doctor was played by some guy, oh I can't remeber, Somethign Bettany!?! Anyway, it was so crazy when he got shot by accident when that one guy was trying to kill the bird. Such a great scene. I'm reading the first book of the 22 book saga.

lil bitchiness
Have you seen the Last Samurai yet Hiker?

VallejoKid707
22 books! Wow.

gabimr2
no idea..shifty

Tired Hiker
I shouldn't have gone there. I love Tolkien. I'm just excited that I have found some new material, well stuff that's been around, that I can explore that seems worthy of the same attention I devoted to the great J.R.R Tolkien.

JKozzy
**new material? stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
Thank you. I went and made the necessary changes to correct that typo that could have easily been forgiven. smile

lil bitchiness
ARGH!! sad

you just ignored my question....sadsadsadsadsad

I feel so unappreciated insagnificant and alone....

lil bitchiness
Here is something to make me feel better

lovehttp://privat.bluezone.no/zeratuhl/images/images/spiderman.giflove

Feeling much better love

JKozzy
It's forgiven! I'm just lending a hand stick out tongue
All is good, my friend smile

JKozzy
eek! THE GAY SPIDERMAN! eek!
Wow, I found that like three years ago; major inside joke with my pals (not hard to figure outstick out tongue)

lil bitchiness
mad Spiderman is not gay mad

UGH!! IM SO MAD AT YOU RIGHT NOW!!mad

Tired Hiker
OMG, I totally thought I would hate The Last Samuri and I loved it. Again, just like Master And Commamder, a movie that was way better than I expected.

JKozzy
Nono! The image of him dancing.... bah.. don't be mad, it was just a joke.. embarrasment

lil bitchiness
See, i told you ages ago to go and see it!! big grin
And it didnt dissapoint! big grin

Tired Hiker
My dear, Lils. You were right. You said so and I did. Now I suggest you see Master And Commander as a token of my appreciation for suggesting that I see The Last Samurai! smile

lil bitchiness
ok..im going on weds anyway...and i shall see it and i'll let you all know what i thought! big grin

I wanted to see 'Big Fish' as well...but that can wait the video release...

Tired Hiker
Trust me, and I'm a huge Tim Burton fan, wait for Big Fish, like you pland, and see Master and Commander before it escapes the big screen. Best Movie. Better than HULK. I thought I'd never say it! OMG!!!! eek!

lil bitchiness
Better than Hulk!! laughing out loud

Th darlin, there are MANY movies better than hulk!! embarrasment please dont kill me...

Tired Hiker
I know, but remember, I wathced Hulk with blury vision, so the CG looked real to me. stick out tongue But seriously, Master and Commander.

Tired Hiker
embarrasment

Darth Revan
laughing out loud I love that dancing Spiderman thing I'm a member of this aquarium forum and somebody has that as their sig laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
you.....are so amusing!! big grin

Fine, by the recomendation from i'll go see master and comander.....i sense its millions of hours long so i'll bring a pillow and some medicine for my ass!!

Tired Hiker
I wish I could see it with you! I can't wait to see it agian. I bought the first book, but check this out. The movie is called Master and Commander, The Far Side Of The World. The book I bought is called, Master and Commander, basically book 1. Book 10 is called, The Far Side Of The World. So, I think the Movie is actually book 10 and I bought book 1. smile Anyway . . . . .

lil bitchiness
Oh Preston, Id love if you could see it with me! big grin Not only would it be just so awsome, but i would also have someone to go to see it with who actually shows interest in it...its going to be hard getting one of my friends to see Master and Comander no
I'll just bring that weird exchange stuent from South Korea, Kim...hes cool and doesnt really speak english thumb up

Tired Hiker
I know, with a name like Master And Commander with 'Russell Crowe' attached to it, it seems like a mainstream feast. But it is really more of literary epic transfered to film quite well, just like Lotr. And, there is no cheesy love story or big time battle speech.

lil bitchiness
I actually dont have that much of a problem with Russel Crowe, or the big time battle speach...cheesy love story is a bit pushing it, but i can deal with it as well...so even if it did have those aspects to it i wouldnt mind it....
I'll see how it all goes anyway...

You never answered me if you've seen ''Tears of The Sun''?

Tired Hiker
No, I've never seen Tears of the Sun. Backfire recommended that to me several months ago but I could never find it in theaters or on video.

lil bitchiness
You should. Its a really good film, its with Bruce Willis, and it wasnt a hit at the cinemas at all...but i loved it! Its not a typical war drama either...

Tired Hiker
No, wait, Backfire recommended Men Behind The Sun. I think that is a different movie all together to say the least, my bad.

lil bitchiness
Men Behind the Sun is a horror movie....its just....so...disturbing no expression

If you get the chance see Tears of The Sun...

Tired Hiker
Okay! smile

Tired Hiker
I will see Tears of the Sun next weekend if you go see Master and Commander on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.