Assasination Attempt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
I just read on on Aldera.Net that Aurra Sing tries to assasinate someone important in EP2. Could this be Amidala? Wasn't there something a while back that mentioned that Anakin was serving as Amidala's bodyguard and that she was in some kind of danger and on the run?

Jedi Mercenary
It's likely that sidious will hire an assassin to take out amidala.

Ben Carozza
Aldera.net just posted that they were wrong on the assination attempt front. It isn't Aurra Sing, it's another female bounty hunter, maybe Ambu Fett.

What if the attempt is on Palpatine. That's pretty juicy don't you think? Our heroes unwittingly protecting the man who will ultimately lead to their downfall. OUCH!

King Jedi
I think Palpatine will use bountyhunters to try and assasinate politicians like Mon Mothma who oppose him.

Dim
Very cool possiblities...still really hazy on details though...oh well, that's probably good considering that we're still a year and some away...

Darth Daft
Jar Jar.....assassinate Jar Jar.

Jedimaster3838
I am a big fan of the theory that Palpatine, at first, tries to have Anakin killed for two reasons:
1. Obi-Wan killed his apprentence, and revenge will be on his mind. In TPM book it ends with Palpatine saying something like "those who killed Darth Maul would be made to suffer"
2. Anakin is so powerful that Palpatine fears Anakin could destory him(how fitting) and foil his plans of taking over the Republic.

Darth Daft
The person who will almost be assassinated would probably be of royalty. Queen Amidala or even Palpatine himself may almost be killed by an assassin.

Ratcat
I have a theory, based on a picture I saw of the packaging for the new Aurra Sing figure, that it is Palpatine who will be the target of the assassination.

On the packaging for AS is shows Plapatine in the picture and I think it had a cross hair over his head.

WHAT IF: Palpatine is the target and Anakin Skywalker prevents his murder, all in the name of being a good Jedi or course. This could make an excellent opener for Episode-II with Anakin saving the day.

Darth Daft
Good point, Ratcat. Perhaps the Bounty Hunters have already found out how evil Palpatine is or are killing him for revenge of something.

Ratcat
What if it's the hutts that hire Aurra, seeing Palpatine and the Trade Federation as a threat to there lucrative smuggling operations. We know there are Neimodians on EpII.

Darth Daft
Do we? I thought the Neimoidians would be gone for good after their failure in TPM.

Dim
Well rumor has it that there's some Nemrodian pilots...take it for what it's worth.

Ratcat
I'm sure I saw spy pictures of them. Also there were some reports from Spain or soemwhere of Neimodian pilots on the set.

Darth Daft
Yeah and there were pics of Tusken raiders on the Tunisia set too.

King Jedi
NOOOO! No more Tusken Raiders! We don't need to see them in every film. I hoped we would see them shooting the podracers in TPM and then see them attacking Luke in ANH and that's all.

Darth Daft
The pic showed only one of them. But still I agree that it would seem a bit silly to keep seeing them everytime we go to Tatooine.

Ratcat
Quite possibly we will see them in a similar vain to TPM where they were more set dressing than anything else.

theEviljedi
I beleave your site had a picture of an actor portraying a Tusken Raider taking a break.I think it was a spy pic.

Darth Daft
Yes thats where I saw the pic.

Dim
Did anyone else read the little piece about the Gran Senator of the Official Site?..It says something about a plan to kill off several jedi at some kind of coference on Malastore. Do you think this may be the opening sequence of Ep2?

Darth Daft
I haven't read that, but my suspicions of Malastare being one of the new planets in Episode 2 are rising high.

Ratcat
I've missed than Dim, I'll have to check it out. That would give us planet number 4 though.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, I don't know if she is 100% evil yet or not, because EU doesn't give a suprising background to GL's performance. Anywhooo, I bet it would be Bail Organa if she was hired by Sidious/Palpatine.

Gundark
While royalty is always a target for assassination, I think Palpatine would definitely be a target as he is gathering more and more power and moving himself toward the point where he will declare himself emporer. Amidala has no malevolent political ambitions, so there would less reason to take her out. I'm sure there's a lot of representatives in the senate who aren't necessarily happy with Palpatine being chosen supreme chancellor and would like to see him have an "accident". But with his evil force skills, you can bet he'd see them coming and turn the tables on them.

Darth Daft
Good point, Gundark. But then again it seems like a good possibility that Palpatine will be the one asking the Bounty Hunters to commit the assassination to someone else so that he can rise even further. Perhaps Amidala IS the problem, for him at least. He was using her in TPM for his rise and now he is finished with her and needs to kill her for his rise to continue.

Gundark
I think Palpatine would only order Amidala killed if she actually gets in his way, or challenges him on a senate issue or something like that. I still think Amidala's death will be a self-sacrifice. Your point is good, thats just my opinion. smile smile

Darth Daft
Well just remember how evil Palpatine is. It would be a good way for Lucas to show us how mean he is by forming an assassination of the Queen when she isn't even causing any harm. It would show how merciless the man is.

Gundark
Well, after thinking about it, I guess if you're gonna be the emporer, the true embodiment of evil, theres just no holds barred. He would probably take candy from a baby. smile

Darth Daft
Those tusken raiders appear to be great shots from what we saw in the TPM Podrace scene. This is just a possibility, not something that I'm expecting to happen, but it may be possible that if the assasination takes place on Tatooine, Palpatine may hire or pay a Tusken Raider to kill his enemy. I know it's unlikely, but still its possible...

Ratcat
Nah, that would be way out of character for Tuskens,

Darth Daft
I know, I was trying to stress the point that I didn't really expect to happen, coz I knew people would disagree. Nevertheless, it's still possible and we will be seeing Tusken Raiders judging by what we've seen in spy pics.

Dim
There's also a new report that one of Padme's decoys gets kills in an attempt on Padme's life....ohhhhhhhhhh..they might be trying to kill everybody off..

Darth Daft
Yeah I heard that rumour too. Well lets think. An assassination is only likely to happen to a royal or high-ranking person. So we have Queen Amidala, Chancellor Palpatine, possibly Mas Ammeda and even the global leader that Anthony Phelan is playing.
Who would you most likely like to assasinate? I guess it depends on how much Phelan's planet gets involved in the Clone Wars or whatever situation is going on during Episode 2. If he is the leader of a planet opposing another planet (Mandalore maybe?) then the leader of the other planet would obviously want him dead.
The same goes for Amidala if Naboo becomes rather important.
Mas Ammeda is the most unlikely, as he is only a minor character in Episode 1, although its possible that he is an "emerging" character. Besides, the assassination doesn't have to happen to a MAIN character. It could be someone who's hardly in the film at all, its just that the main heroes are involved in the commotion and have to do something about it.
As for Palpatine, many suspect he is the one ordering the assassination, although others believe that as he is a large political figure, others would certainly want him dead.

I'm not sure on this one. There are so many possibilities and all the characters could have their own reasons for why someone would want to assassinate them.

Dim
Well, I tend to go with the theory that they try to kill off Padme...the rumors point more to that than to anything else. When you consider the new rumor and the rumor about Anakin being Padme's bodyguard while she's on the run...that sounds like it would be a major plot line..

Darth Daft
Good point. I agree she that is the most likely. But why would someone want to kill her? If it was Palpatine then, like Gundark said, it could be because she gets in his way of his plans or something like that. Perhaps she has a job of preventing clones from being produced and she starts to make a good job of it, so Palpatine decides that it's time for bye-bye. But obviously Anakin would save her with his Jedi skills.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.