What is Love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
What is Love? It is so beautiful... is it something that can be explained? You can sense true love in certain couples and you know that some couples think they know what love means when they really don't because of their actions. We know that love isn't selfish etc, etc, etc... but what is it? And why do mothers have unconditional love for their children the moment they are born?

juggernaut26
i know that they don't have unconditional love before they're born otherwise we wouldn't have this idiotic murdering of babies called abortion

oh i thought this was a thread about the song...What is love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

lil bitchiness
Its a feeling. Love is a feeling! A state of mind.

realworlddreams
no love is a word, what matters is the connection that it signifies...

(matrix fans know this)

Friend44
"What is Love"

It's down the street corner, costs 50$ and can give you crabs.

Fire
the explaining of love is very individual

Friend44
"...love is very individual"

Masturbation?

Fire
sex and love are not related in my opinion

Storm
Does your heart ache and break when they're sad?
Then it's Love.

Are you attracted to others, but stay with them faithfully without regret?
Then it's Love.

Do you accept their faults because they're a part of who they are?
Then it's Love.

Do you cry for their pain, even when they're strong?
Then it's Love.

Do their eyes see your true heart, and touch your soul so deeply it hurts?
Then it's Love.

Do you stay because a blinding, incomprehensible mix of pain and elation pulls you close and holds you?
Then it's Love.
Love is being honest with yourself at all times, being honest with the other person at all times, telling, listening, respecting the truth and never pretending. Love is an understanding so complete that you feel as if you are a part of the other person.

Love is the freedom to pursue your own desires while sharing your experiences with the other person, the growth of one individual alongside of and together with the growth of another individual.

Love is giving and taking in a daily situation, being patient with each other's needs and desires.

Love is the fury of the storm, the calm in the rainbow.

Linkalicious
Love as explained by God Himself

What is love? What is this longing in our hearts for togetherness? Is it not the sweetest flower? Does not this flower of love have the fragrent arroma of fine fine dining? Does not the wind love the dirt? Is not love not unlike the unlikly not it is unliking to? Are you with someone tonight? Do not question your love. Take your lover by the hand. Release the power within yourself. You heard me release the power. Tame the wild cosmos with a whisper. Conquer heaven with one intimate caress. Thats right, don't be shy, whip out everything you've got, and do it in da butt BY LEON PHELPS!! - The Ladies Man, Leon Phelps

lil bitchiness
Ancient Greeks saw love as an illness! Which it kind of is, when you think about it!

Linkalicious
I'm love sick on a girl....it's almost painful. I'm depressed all the time...worst of all it's an ex-girlfriend that I dumped. If being dumped sucks, try realizing that you threw away a relationship with someone you deeply care about...now that sucks. Now i watch her hanging out with my friend (her new boyfriend) and it feels getting kicked in the balls by Beckham.

lil bitchiness
^^ see, Greeks got it right! thumb up

Linkalicious
damn greeks

and it sucks worst because i wanna try n get her back but i don't wanna be that creepy ex-boyfriend that tries to act like nothing wrong happened...I just wish this was a Ryan Phillipee movie or a Fredie Prince Jr. movie, those guys always screw up and get the girl back in the end.

Friend44
"Love as explained by God Himself"

Damn!!! I missed that, was he on CBS or NBC?

Linkalicious
who god? or the ladies man?

God: he's on the Praise the Lord Television

The Ladies Man: He's just stuck in my head right now. " A feeling...deep down in your pants"

lil bitchiness
It must be love, love love....big grin

I think its marely a state of mind big grin

jacksparrow22
What the f**k?What the f**k?What the f**k? maybe they do it out of love!

oh god dont even get me started on this.........

SilverFighter
The only thing that worries me about love are those acts some ppl commit. Some use the excuse of Love for cheating and there is such a thing as Crimes of Passion. So maybe Love is not as beautiful as some of us think it is.

juggernaut26
i won't get ya started cuz i don't wanna get into it myself but the only time to kill anything is if they're in so much pain they wanna die if i were a baby i would still wanna live.

jacksparrow22
What the f**k?so if you were an unborn child and your mother had 3 kids already, single mother, hardly any money, and she could in no way support you and you had no guardian, you would still want to live? most men dont understand this, as they can walk out on a pregnant woman, while she remains with the child. abortion is sometimes the only choice.

SilverFighter
Some of us do understand but sometimes other sacrificies can be made. Not neccessary to have a human sacrifice. When times get tough you gotta get tougher. Bringing life to the world is the most beautiful thing there is so even if had to sacrifice my career I would never allow my love to go through the pain of an abortion.

lil bitchiness
Absolutely!!

What abou babies that are deformed? What about the ones with a serious illnesses?! And as VA said, what abot family who can barely survive let alone have another child!!

jacksparrow22
thank you milla! i was thinking of how to put it....

SilverFighter
There are other options and abortion isn't the final answer all the time.

jacksparrow22
not all the time, like if there is already a guardian for the child, but in many instances it is the only option.

SilverFighter
Like I said earlier there are other sacrificies that can be made. But not the child's life because no matter how tough it can be there are always solutions when it comes to financial problems.

jacksparrow22
no not always

lil bitchiness
But there isnt a solution when it comes to deformed children and those with brain damage and serious illnesses!

juggernaut26
it's never the only option do you realize if someone accidently hits a pregnant woman on the street then they get charged with two cases of second degree murder so then the baby is considered a human being but doctors kill babies and they aren't murderers anything wrong with that and no other option to take another persons life unless that's what your supposed to do like in war but lets not get to deep in the subject.

Linkalicious
Most men?!?!?!?! oh hell no you didn't just go there. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with sex. This is all a matter of opinion. There is no right or wrong about abortion, it's all situational. And if the man walks out on the woman, then it's the womans fault. Not because of anything she did to make the man leave....but because she was stupid enough to have sex with someone that she wasn't sure was going to be there. I don't know about other guys...but I would NEVER walk out on someone that i was willing to have sex with...to me that's part of being responsible enough to have sex. When you're young sure it's fun and it feels great, but CHILDREN (not just men) need to realize the consequences of their actions.

Someone else can have a go at what i just said, but after that can we PLEASE stop talking about abortion, this is the What is Love thread not the argue with me because my views on abortion differ from that of you own thread.

lil bitchiness
Dont be so fecking stupid!

WTF?! She didnt get pregnant on her own genious!!! She had some help from the man!! And a woman wouldnt have a child with someone who she knows is going to leave her!! What a stupid remark that is...its womans fault because SHE slept with someone she WASNT sure is going to be there....

This is an off topic forum...we can go as much off topic as we like! hence the ''OFF- TOPIC'' bit!

jacksparrow22
What the f**k? oh really? so the baby was just concieved out of thin air?

but i thought it had nothing to do with sex....What the f**k?

how was she to know?What the f**k? some people are just stupid and dont know the difference. she shouldnt have to keep the child or put it up for adoption if she doesnt want to

Linkalicious
again this case would be situational. And it's not murder unless its pre-meditated. This situation would not be murder, it would be man-slaughter. And in this particular case of man-slaughter they WOULDN'T count it as 2 different people. That Scott Peterson guy who killed his wife and his unborn baby is COMPLETELY different than this scenario. He cut the freakin baby from the corpse of the wife (which is insanely gross). His actions were pre-meditated and the purpose for killing her stemmed from him not wanting the child. That and she was about 8 month pregnant which is WELLLLL past the time that one could get an abortion. Lets not try and wax fundamental on this issue because for every reason someone thinks that abortion is wrong, there is an equally worthy case that can be made about abortion being right....it's an endless cycle.

Linkalicious
sex as in the gender....not intercourse.

Well now you've just proved my point. If you're too stupid to tell the difference.....then you'er definitely TOO stupid to be having sex.

lil bitchiness
There is a differance between 'gender' and 'sex'

Linkalicious
do you have a license? what does it say after Sex? I'm pretty sure it either says Male or Female....not yes or no.

lil bitchiness
Are you stupid?! I know what it means, still, sex and gender are not the same even if used in the same context....go do some research on sociology, then come and talk to us!

jacksparrow22
make that more specific next time, as it could be taken differently than intended yes

well stupidity sure doesnt stop them! anyway, thats besides the point, a woman should be able to have an abortion if she chooses to in any case

lil bitchiness
Absolutely!! If someone chooses to have an abortion they should be free to do so! yesthumb up

Linkalicious
Well genious she wouldn't get pregnant if had used one of the MANY ways of protecting herself. Patches, shots, pills, prophilactics (condoms for you ignorant few), if you can't find protection there, then you either wanna get pregnant (like a married couple), or you're probably too immature or irresponsible to be having sex.

and please explain to me HOW that remark is stupid? because i'd love to see it. Believe it or not, people used to get married before they had sex with their partner because that was one of the safest ways to ensure that the husband would still be around to raise the child.

Linkalicious
based on my first sentence of that thread....it's implied that i meant sex as in gender. and i totally agree, a woman should be able to have an abortion if she chooses.

lil bitchiness
Are you listening to yourself?! YOU were ment to carry a condom if we are going to get into that argument, shes got nowhere to put it on! Males carry one!! SHE didnt protect herself??? That is not only a stupid remark, but also extreamly mesojinist!

Its stupid because no one will intentionaly have a child with someone they KNOW its going to leave them...how stupid!

jacksparrow22
contraceptives can have flaws.

lil bitchiness
I understood what you mean, yet i was just stating that sex and gender are not the same...even if we are not talking abot intercourse! sex of a person is a different to a gender of one!

SilverFighter
Can we avoid personal insults? there is no need to call somebody ignorant or stupid because of his/her opinion. Now why are there no solutions? If I child is born deform that child has as much right as any other child to be alive. When children are born with a desease you give them as much care as posible. Their lifetime maybe short but life shouln't be deny just because the child could die early.

jacksparrow22
sorryembarrasment....ive been a bit distracted (helping little brother with science project)

lil bitchiness
It is in childs inerest not to live and suffer all its life. im sure child wouldnt like having to grow up in a society which discriminates unable to do many things all other children are able to do.

Linkalicious
to answer your ritorical question....no i'm not stupid. But as you continue to comment you lead me to ask you the same question...

Webster's dictionary states:

Sex - Either of the two divisions, designated female and male, of this classification.

Gender - The condition of being female or male; sex.

Oh jesus! it looks like the word sex is actually in the definition of gender. And DON'T EVER try and wax sociological on me...i'm a freakin Sociology Major at Long Beach State University. Now go talk to your mom or whatever source you have....write down something suspenseful and try AGAIN to prove your perpetual intelligence...

lil bitchiness
You did sociology major?
And no one thought you that sex and gender arent the same? And you went to dictionary to have a look the deffinitions? How did you major sociology if you dont know the basics...

SilverFighter
Certain members of society are ignorant but I blame adults for not educating their children correctly. Just because a child might have deform features it doesn't mean that other children should descriminate them. I again blame the parents who don't educate their children and teach them between right and wrong.

jacksparrow22
*ahem* erm...you majored sociology and dont know how to spell rhetorical What the f**k?

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud LMFAO!!!

lil bitchiness
Thats not going to change im afraid..people are like that, always have been and always will be...
Racism as well...its all there...

SilverFighter
With the new human rights laws I keep hope alive. So maybe racism and discrimination will die. For now we can only be educated and educate others.

lil bitchiness
I dont know....racism has been arround since...forever, there was always the execution of minorities...there is still lot of it...but not as much open..i hope it all stops...its weird that we all take it in as the way thats always been and its normal...

Linkalicious
First off listen to yourself....I don't wear condoms when i get into arguements. I wear condoms when i get into a womans pants. And if I didn't have a condom, and she wasn't on the pill.....then i wouldn't EXPECT her to do a damn thing with me. Especially sex...

And where do you come up with the comment "Males carry one!!!' Maybe you should re-phrase that to say "Males SHOULD carry one!!!"

And yes...SHE didn't protect herself because SHE's the one that's going to get pregnant, not the male. I haven't brought up STDs because i'm assuming this is a more perfect world where neither of the 2 have any STDs.

I never said anything about a woman intentionally having a child with someone that they KNOW is going to leave them... I said a woman should know whether or not a man would leave them if they got pregnant....there's a difference. The couple should always talk about what would happen if the woman were to suddenly become pregnant before they go off having unprotected sex.

Oh and by the way, it's misogynist not mesojinist. And just because i want women to take responsibility for their decisions in bed doesn't mean that i hate woman...but it appears your quite the anti-male advocate.

lil bitchiness
Well I didnt ''major'' in sociology so its not embarrassing when i misspell a word used in sociology...Meh...i can see now you dont have an argument, just your own oppenion....I dont know what world ou live in, but its not where the rest of us are thumb up

SilverFighter
True but nowadays we are more inform (internet) which helps us know whats going on in the world. So with a bit of technology and education things like genocides and famine can be fought. Is just a matter of taking action when someone needs help......catching my drift?

lil bitchiness
Yeah, totally.

I have kind of lost all faith in humanity if you know what i mean...silly people...no

SilverFighter
I know what you mean. We all lose faith at one point in our lives but you see thats why Love exists. Because deep inside of each human being (except if you are truly evil) there is care and concern for others. Is part of being human to help others not just ourselves. Help those that can't defend or help themselves that's my motto wink I know it sounds a bit cheesy but it doesn't hurt to try it in our regular lives.

lil bitchiness
big grin lol! Thats great!! thumb up

No cheesyness at all!! big grin

BackFire
What is love?

A pipe dream too most, a neccessity to others, simply unatainable to the rest.

Darth Revan
\\

I have to disagree with you... See this is what I don't understand about this whole "Pro-life" thing: When an embryo is at the stage where an abortion is still possible and safe, it is little more than a lump of cells. It is not capable of concious thought. Abortion is not "murder". Millions of organisms that ARE concious beings die every day from whatever cause. That isn't murder, either. Furthermore, if a child is going to have a genetic disease like Down's syndrome (shortened life span, unusual features, and... err... slowness...), or it (yes, at this stage of development, it is IT) will for whatever reason be unhappy, I don't see how it is right to bring it into this world. Animals are euthanized every day for various reasons and nobody complains about that, do they? I'm not against it myself, I'm just saying that a dog or a cat is much more alive than the ball of cells I refered to earlier. And lastly, there is a very good chance that it NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONCIEVED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! If a person doesn't want a kid, that's thier right!!! Sorry I know that was a little confusing...

Darth Revan
ok I already did a post about this but lemme say it again: IT'S NOT F***ING MURDERING!!! And ashy said "at the moment they're born" not "before"

lil bitchiness
Totally agree with you Revan thumb up

BackFire
oh my, I didn't even see this turning into a repetetive, mindless debate about abortion. Such discussion aren't welcome on this forum as many many people take them very seriously and simply get upset over them.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.