After Return Of The King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-Menfan2003
I am a huge fan of the films and have begun writing my own story which takes place after Return Of The King. It is actually a cross between Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Return Of The King. Buffy does not star in it, but The First and Caleb do.

The story begins with Legolas and Gimli being attacked by orcs, but are then rescued by Farimir. They go back to Minas Tirth to tell Aragorn, when Caleb shows up and informs them that The First is planning to overrun the planet with it's army. Aragorn attempts to kill him, but is easily defeated. Gandalf and Frodo show up from the Undying Lands with Sam, Merry and Pippin. They then decide to travel to Mordor once more and defeat The First. Plus, my favourite character, Boromir, makes a welcome return also. The fall he fell down was actually an old fall which grants the power to raise the dead.

What does everyone think?

Phoenix
Sounds cool! If you'd like a beta-reader, I'd be happy to oblige!

Discos
I am also trying to write something along the lines of an after-part of the war of the ring and making up mine own 4th age.

It sounds all well and good but I am wondering if people can return from the undying lands?

Phoenix
Yes I think they can - I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Gandalf had been there before... And they can certainly return in dreams...

Member.
well, if u guys are gonna do that, read tolkiens books and excerts concerning after the war of the ring.

Discos
I have read the ROTK and on on my way to starting the "silmarrian" (spelling?),

Its mainly going to be about my new character eagos,

Exa
Silmarillion, it is big grin big grin

Hey, sounds cool...

Gandalf had been there but not because he died but because he was a Maia living there until he was chosen to journey to Middle-earth; there he really died and came back, yes.

Another who returned was Glorfindel love who died in the First Age defending (and rescuing) the people fleeing from Lost Gondolin against a Balrog, and because he sacrificed his life he was allowed to return quite quickly (usually takes a loooong time until you can)

Smodden
i'm working on pre-production of a movie about this same idea. i'm still casting...

Kitoky
Glorfindel's mine y'hear?

You can have Witchy big grin

Rebel Racer
good luck! you any good at CGI?

P-NuT
your story sounds really lame

flickerstick
I'm gonna have to agree with this right here, especially the magic waterfall that brings people to life. There's also the problem that Merry and Pippin didn't go to the Undying Lands too. Honestly, it sounds like something I would have written in the 4th grade. There is definitely room for some fanfics, but at least try to fit things in with the events that occur after the book.

Discos
how long was it before he returned? also Gandalf reteruned not but a mere week or so, - I am not sure how long they stayed at Lothlorien for though,

Exa
Okok big grin

@discos I dont know as I do not know when he came back to Middle-earth; I dont think Tolkien wrote that anywhere.
Some say he came together with Gandalf, that it would have taken him about 4500 years to come back big grin big grin big grin but thats still quite early

enya
i thinks its a good idea

as after the extended version its over so it gives u something else

keep us informed as it gives us something else too

good luck with it- as for the actual story some ideas like the boromir are a bit far fetch but this is fantasy and if u like boromir and its ur story why shouldnt u av him in it some how

Smodden
not realy would like to get into it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.