Eyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Does anyone else notice how much the eyes change in the movies? They randomly have Orlando's blue contact lenses in, so Legolas has blue or brown eyes randomly thtoughout the movies.

Also, Frodo has blue eyes nearly all the time, except right at the end of Fellowship, where they suddenly turn bright green!

Kitoky
Yeah, it's amazing really

For the close up shots they made sure that they didn't have a mistake on the eyes but yeah they did.

Discos
I also noticed this, mostly legolas's but nor frodos?

Phoenix
Its when he is hiding from the orcs right at the end, just before pip and merry make the orcs chase them. His eyes are suddenly really green!

Member.
didn't notice the eye colors, too busy with ENJOYING THE MOVIE.

Aurora
I really noticed Leggy's eyes changing when I saw Fotr and TTT on the big screen again. Orlando's eyes were irritated by the contacts that were made, so in some of the sceens u can see his brown eyes. PJ has done a great job of sticking to his comment that he is a elf and his eyes could change color in moods. lol

I didn't notice Frodo's eyes being green, but I did notice that they looked extra bright at the end.

Exa
The eye colours change all the time... both Frodo and Legolas have eyes that are mostly blue, quite often hazel-coloured, sometimes very very dark and also bright green at times.
Some depends on the light, but they really change.
You can also quite clearly see their lenses.

Discos
lol yes but whilstwatching one of the three movies I bet you have had your share of "oh i never noticed that till now" moments...

Izz
Does Frodo have lenses too?

Exa
Yes you can see them

Aurora
In the commentary Elijah says he has lenses but just to see. He says that they are not colored.

Phoenix
I'm sure many people would agree that I've watched them more times than is good for me! In the last two weeks, I've watched both FOTR and TTT 3 times each, in preparation for going to see ROTK tomorrow!

sauron
mistake spotting took to a whole new level big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
i never notices frodos eyes being real green at the end, ill have to look for that next time

but the reasons legolas's eye color changes is because elves eye color changes according to their mood, and i believe thats what peter jackson was doing with legolas, so orlando wore blue contacts when he was calm and in some scenes and then took them out in other scenes were hes mad as legolas, he was portaying the whole elf look

that is what i heard and what i believe, if im wrong please tell me, but that is why legolas's eye color changes so much

kalantiaw
Orli>> i was just about to say the same... seems logical to me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.