Next mobile innovation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I read this week that the next innovation for mobile phones is gonna be something called PTT (Push-to-talk), where the new phones will act like walky-talkies, but actually sending SMS text-like messages in (virtually) real time. You'll be able to push a button and talk to the other user without ringing or anything like a regular phone call.

It's use will be adopted by industry pretty quickly they think, as workers on and off-site will be able to contact each other quicker and easier, at an apparently lower charge rate too. They've already been trialed in N.America with quite some success, according to the article.

But a cheaper rates, I bet the younger generation will snap them up too. yes

Corran
Noooooooo, it's bad enough that work can get in touch with me 24-7 via phone, sometimes I can ignore the calls though, but this will make it so much easier for them. I am going to start a petition to get them banned before they are even released.

mechmoggy
I put mine on silent, then claim I was in a meeting so couldn't talk.

Usually works too.

Fitch
also that u remained without battery....it really works big grin

Fire
lol

LegolasIsMyMan
Nexttell already has something quite similar to that, i like it!

Baylin
So the next generation of mobile phone is just an SMS capable walkie talkie... Wowwee CB text!

rusky
when they release video-mobilephones It'll be all over... nosad

LanceWindu
My sister and her husband have these types of phones, they kick ass.

Fire
yea I reckon its sweet

G.P
*agrees* erm

Rebel Racer
wicked

Baylin
The next mobile innovation they should come up with is the telepathy ear piece!

§pearhead
ive got this great idea...it'll be like a phone, but it doesn't need a base or anything...its wireless, you can bring it anywhere...

...wait a minute. damn. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.