The classic Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
Anakin Skywalker takes the name Darth Vader when he becomes a Dark Lord of the Sith. However, I can hardly wait to see him in his classic black armor (that we all love) in Episode 3.

Captain REX
That...will...RULE! Once again, the red lightsaber will raise up and chop.

LanceWindu
It will be awesome. How many days till Episode 3? confused

Captain REX
It's 1090 days until Episode III, 136 days until Episode II, and 0 days until Episode I. Very cool. smile I'll be older when Ep. III comes out, but I'll still see it.

I wonder if the Vader suit will be a little different since it's early on in his Sithly-ness. confused Maybe we'll see the suit being made by Imperial mechanics?

LanceWindu
Well the Episode 3 date is only an estimate. They don't know exactly when it will come out as of yet.

Captain REX
1090 days from now will be New Years Eve 2005, the year we start slobbering over wonderful pics of grandeur and excitement. The year spoilers fly left and right. The year Obi-Wan kicks Anakin's ass over the lava pit. Very cool.

LanceWindu
But SW E3 won't start on New Years Day

Captain REX
But New Years is the day that 2005 begins and we start drooling until our computers short-circuit.

yerssot
well, all we really need to know are those yellow lines in the beginning

Captain REX
True. But we'll be staring at the computer screen looking at amazing pics of Obi-Wan slicing off Anakin's head and feeding to a rancor.

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic) all stop with the hands thing! djees!

Captain REX
I said head, not hand. Even though he probably will dice off Anakin's hand and shove him into a pit of flames. Then Obi-Wan will be sent to jail and he'll slice off the guards heads. They will fill the Rancor's need for flesh. evil faceevil faceevil face

LanceWindu
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Captain REX
I know why Obi-Wan's ghost fades away in EU! He possesses one of Luke's students and kills everyone, including the Yuuzhan Vong. Then he feeds them all to a gang of Rancos, a gang of Wampas, a gang of Reeks, a gang of Acklays, and a gang of evil space monkeys! evil faceevil faceevil faceevil faceevil face

LanceWindu
I don't think so. If that could happen it would be way too easy for the New Republic to win the war against the Vong

Aquarius87
Why can't Anakin just admit he's a physcotic little shitface turd,then get the hell on with his training forget the padme,and be a good little boy.Thats how episode 3 should end,
And then we find out Darth vader is like Anakins Uncle or something...
How much of a twist in the tale would that be!

well its only ever going to happen in my mind.

ToMacco
Anakin can't forget Padme.

Women are a cancer on men's mind.

Aquarius87
...Haha a cancer?
What the hell is that,you could have easily said we have our own special Area in a mans mind,which is constantly red all day,meaning its the most active part of the brain...

ToMacco
Women are put on this earth to make MY life miserable!

sand person no. 10
think you'll find its my life, not yours

fight your you for it. mad

yerssot
well, get this one ontopic!

LanceWindu
Yeah listen to the man

Darth Ninja
You guys have totally gotten off the subject. This topic is supposed to be about the armored Darth Vader.

Captain REX
Like I said, maybe the suit of Darth Vader and the mask will look a little bit like one of the early sketches and renderings of Vader. It is early on in his Sithly-ness. He could even have a different lightsaber. I don't know, but it would be interesting.

yerssot
why would they change his mask?

Captain REX
Okay, maybe not the mask.

yerssot
why the armor?

Captain REX
Hey, I'm just sujesting. I'm not saying they do.

Captain REX
Hey, I'm just sugesting. I'm not saying they do.

yerssot
Ow! I didn't saw that one big grin

Captain REX
Vader rules!

yerssot
so does maul

Captain REX
The classic Vader, not the classic Maul.

master harmax
Vader's definitely more powerful than Maul. In a showdown between the two Vader would kick Maul's ass. Vader's got the highest midiclorean count of all the Jedi's ( including Yoda ). Maul may be more acrobatic and show off some Kung Fu shit, but that's more an issue of filming ... the early Star Wars movies were filmed more than 20 years back and film making techniques then cannot be compared with what it is now ... if the early movies had been made today, I bet Vader would have been shown to be a much more formidable and powerful hand to hand combat fighter than he was shown in the first 3 movies - and he would have come off even scarier and darker. In fact I bet in Ep.3, although his basic appearance will be the same, he will be shown in a really more darker and terrifying way, much more scarier then Maul could ever hope to be - kind of Darth Vader year 2005 version. After all he WAS responsible for the almost total destruction of the Jedi - I think in Ep.3 he's going to TOTAL Mace Windu in single combat.

Ushgarak
Not true.

GL has stated that the prequel era sabreists are better fighters, and are fighting the PROPER way.

In the Original films, all three fighters are hampered in some ay. Obi-Wan is old and his skills have lapsed, Vader is slowed by his crippling injuries and armour, and Luke is half-trained.

Maul IS better.

yerssot
how come that in EU, it doesn't get better?

queeq
I gather Dooku can beat them all.

bigsef2
anakin can, and will kick dooku's ass

queeq
In EPIII, yes. Until then, Dooku rules.

yerssot
A shame, to be sure big grin

jedi212guy
Fine, Anakin before he is hurt will be an awesome fighter.

Ushgarak
I don't think there was ever any doubt about that.

Captain REX
There is always something wrong with the fighters during their duels.

Luke is half-trained.
Obi-Wan in the OT is old and slow.
Darth Vader is whereing armor and has all those injuries.
Qui-Gon was getting old and now he has been stabbed through the stomach.
Darth Maul didn't have anything wrong with him until he was sliced in half.
Obi-Wan in the Ep. I is trapped behind a laser wall.
Anakin will kick butt until he becomes Vader.

master harmax
Forgive me my ignorance, but what does EU stand for ?
Also I think its time to start a new thread - Vader vs. Maul, but maybe we need to wait till Ep.3, because we haven't yet seen Vader in his prime the way we've seen Maul.

yerssot
EU= expanded universe

Darth Ninja
I read that Darth Vader's Sith armor actually enhances his fighting skills. Anyway, Vader is a better fighter than Maul. Why? That's because he isn't stupid! Maul got killed because he acted stupid instead off finishing off Ben. He payed the price for his stupidity . . . with his life.

Captain REX
Ha ha Maul! Too bad he died though. He was cool. sad
But Dooku is cooler. They have a great actor for him and Dooku seems to have a little more story behind him than Maul. Plus, GL just came up with Maul's name because of his lightsaber.

yerssot
he gets every name like that!

Ushgarak
As for Maul being stupid, fair enough... but then Vader pulls a few no-brainers while fighting Luke as well.

Captain REX
Everyone pulls no-brainers during the fights.

Maul's last words are "Huh?" when OB1 leaps over his head and slices him in half.
Vader goes up against the poles in the part where Lukes slices his hand off.
OB1 in Ep. IV lets himself get sliced in half. big grin

Darth Ninja
I think Darth Vader true fighting skills will be seen in Episode III. It's going to be so cool to see him in his black armor, cutting down one jedi after another. laughing out loud

master harmax
I'm sure ! A young very mean and bad ass Vader. Darth Vader year 2005 you know ? MUCH more scarier than in the OT.

yerssot
with the same energy?

General Kaliero
Back on topic... do you think we'll see Anakin's broken, maimed, melted body after the lava?

master harmax
Absolutely Yerss ... with the SAME energy.

finti
Vader strength comes from his strenght in the force and the evil way he use it. Vader rules cause he is a really no caring bastard, he is by far the coolest of them all.

master harmax
yessiree bob ! cool

Emperor Helmet
You have little to no chance of having Lucas using the lava idea.

Anakin's injuries will be a new idea. Trust me.

General Kaliero
That sucks. Oh great and powerful GL, brightness of my drab existence, read this and become enlightened: use acid! eek!

Emperor Helmet
Don't count on Anakin falling into anything. I am sure his injuries will be from the Clone Wars and his saber battles.

Gundark
Ben says in ANH..."he's more machine now than man, twisted and evil." So maybe Obi Wan saw him, perhaps by accident, after he is in the suit....?

finti
that Obi Wan says in ROTJ

Gundark
Shit. You're right.

General Kaliero
Perhaps Ben saw him as the suit was being fitted to him?...

Corran
Perhaps Ben used the Same Tailor and was told by him!!! embarrasment

Gundark
Oh thats clever. laughing out loud

Corran
Thank you! It's nice to be appreciated once in a while.....well once - but that'll do!!! smile

Gundark
No problemo. wink

queeq
But maybe OB1 was referring to Vader's state of mind after all these years as a Sith henchman, not so much to his physique.

Darth Ninja
Do you think Count Dooku will be killed by the 'classic' Darth Vader?

Ushgarak
Very possibly. Lots of interesting speculation about the similarity of their cloaks exists.

finti
I dont think Dooku will be killed by Classic DV, I bet Dooku has been delt with before Anakin "replaces" Dooku as a the emps "right hand"
under the sith name Darth Vader

yerssot
yeah, Anakin killing Mace and Dooku, then he's too tired to fight OB1 wink

Julie
When do you think the black armor so much anticiapted will show up...at the very very end of the movie ...or just sort of near the end?

yerssot
George Lucas says 'When Anakin goes bionic that will be in the last five minutes of episode three -- they will hear you."

from http://jedipoodoo.tk

Julie
yeaaaa......oh a dark dark story is to come....

Darth Ninja
It should be interesting to see Darth Vader fight in Episode III. RotJ came out in 1983 and GL can do so much more now (versus then) in the fight scenes. Darth Vader IS going to be a real bad-ass in Episode III.

finti
As Darth Vader all suited up and stuff he wont do to many fancy moves

Mujaffa
give him a beer and he'll losen up

Darth Ninja
Darth Vader never did fancy moves. He just kicked ass directly. laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
So do you all think his armor will look strikingly different to the 'classic look' or what?

umraan
he appears in that aromor for like 7 mins.

DeVi| D0do
stop doing this, it's filling the front page with useless crap

Jedi Priestess
No doubt.

Captain REX
Oi, I sent him a warning. Kenny will too, methinks, if he hasn't already.

Though, if you look on the first page, I was a spastic noob three years ago. blink

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Captain REX
Oi, I sent him a warning. Kenny will too, methinks, if he hasn't already.

Though, if you look on the first page, I was a spastic noob three years ago. blink

Yes Jordan, you were...so was I. erm

Thread no longer has purpose.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.