The Pledge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

realworlddreams
I dont, i dont like religion in school

BTW: im catholic, n a pretty strong one, but not in school, i refuse to believe that there should be any type of religious happenings there, because in a FREE COUNTRY, no one should have any type of beliefs taught to them. One should be free to accept what they want to.

juggernaut26
well i do but i'm afraid that this is gonna get closed it's religous but i like sayin the pledge as it was written in the first place and if ya look up school history schools were started so that children would learn more about God

realworlddreams
it wasnt written w/god in it originally, that was added. history lesson...

gabimr2
Iam not catolic!

stinkfist462
is there an option that says i dont say the pledge .. i live in america they make the school do it but i dont

juggernaut26
no it did say it from the beggining but this is still gonna get closed so i'm not gonna come back here sorry cya

stinkfist462
same ... lol

realworlddreams
lol, sry for the controversy (didnt think its that a big deal)
but its mostly cuz my english teach had us talk about "Amazing Grace" today, n it pissed me off.
If u dont say the pledge, then u dont say God in the pledge so...its a no.

gabimr2
what religion r u! smile

realworlddreams
im a confirmed Catholic, i jus believe in separating certain things, i guess im not like Orthodox, i dont believe in having religous clubs or anything on campus either...i believe that preching is wrong as well
simply because i honor freedom of choice and that trying to have people say or do or join something is wrong like that.

stinkfist462
athiest ...

gabimr2
kewwLsmileIam cristian

stinkfist462
you know what athiest means ?

stinkfist462
or uhh ....
is ??

gabimr2
sure!!yes in spanish is .. ATEO

realworlddreams
im not athiest, i go to church, i pray, i do all that stuff, i do community service too.
but i dont like it when people try to tell me that one religion is better than another (aka convert me) and even for my own religion, i dont like to hear any group treated differently or put onto some other group.

i think of religion as more of a private thing, except for like church, but even there, i do more self reflection than i do going, "ASK GOD TO SAVE YOU!!!" or "FIND YOURSELF IN THE CHURCH" n stuff like that.
if sumone wants to say it in the pledge go for it, i got no problem w/them saying it. i jus dont because i dont think it belongs there.

stinkfist462
i speak a tad bit spanish .. i take the class

realworlddreams
so where's that relevant? i take french...im canadian.

stinkfist462
lol.. yeah
i understand RWD ... i know exactly what you mean .. people think im different .. like a devil worshipper cause i;m an athiest or sumthin ..

realworlddreams
well, honestly, thats ur choice n i cant say anything about it...
i guess i jus think better of people normally than the general public.
i dont want to judge, or be forced to do something.

gabimr2
I hate when people do thatmad

in my class we're 40.. 38 are chatolics and me and a friend cristians!

stinkfist462
that must suck ..

Captain REX
I do, I'm Christian, and I think it is stupid that they added it in the 1950's and complained last year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

realworlddreams
yeah, my friends have tried to convert me, im like, where do u come off trying to tell me what to believe? ur my friend n all, but u cant tell me how to act...anyway, they dont try that anymore...lol.

Captain REX
I just remembered that Raz dislikes anyone talking religion on here...

gabimr2
to convert you in christian?

stinkfist462
oh yeah .. better stop talking bout it .. laughing out loud

realworlddreams
well, its not closed yet...
i dont know why anyone would have a problem with it...
this isnt controversy, at least i dont think it is.
anything wrong w/freedom of choice in here?
thats all im voicing is my philosophy of freedom.

stinkfist462
well we arent offending anyone .. i hope

gabimr2
Iam not wink

realworlddreams
yeah, im like, tryin to do the opposite, i accept all religions n wutnot, but dont try n force em on anyone else, thats their choice.
ok now im soundin kinda hypocritical. so yeah, sumone can stop me now.
im not feelin this thread anymore...

stinkfist462
im not .. big grin

gabimr2
me neither smile

stinkfist462
big grin .. ok over 98% of my posts have smilies in them big grin

gabimr2
hahahahalaughing

stinkfist462
big grin <<< my "cute" grin as most say .

gabimr2
love

stinkfist462
big grin !! AHH THERE IT IS AGAIN !

gabimr2
hahahahahalaughing

laughing -- I love to put this facee!

stinkfist462
big grin << my face ... OH AND
no expression < my other face

Tired Hiker
I don't know what I would be considered. I was raised Catholic, but I would always daydream that the white marble Jesus on the Cross way up high in the Church would jump from the cross and do three flips and land on the alter. Then the white marble color would dissipate like powder or chalk dust right when Jesus lands. Then, when the dust clears, it is actually Spider-Man, and the Green Goblin busts through the stain-glass window and . . .. seriously, I would either daydream or sleep in Church. I guess I'm a Comic Book Agnostic.

Quiet Hiker
Shut up ya stupid commie, jesus was a mushroom and that is all.

Tired Hiker
I ate jesus then!!!!

lil bitchiness
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/jerry.gif

Quiet Hiker
well sh-it, i ate him to does that make me gay

realworlddreams
um...honestly, i thought the jesus would move in church, lol
i fall asleep every once an a while.

Quiet Hiker
ps why is member a dirty word? huge member

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud lmfao!!!

Tired Hiker
smokin' I heard that Joseph had sex with Mary and that the bible was a story written by some vagrant toothless guy to cover Mary's affair!

Tired Hiker
"Quick!, write the Bible!!!" Said Mary!

LeAtHerRFace
Damn Goths. Ofcourse I used to say god in it. But I aint in Elementary Skuu no mo.

Quiet Hiker
well tired hiker, that is an informed statment, the truth is just that the truth, and once this is realized then the world will fold unto itself and reveal the inner reaches of knowledge and mind hence the significance of the love affair between jesus and the moose of truth thus end the age old question of - should or shouldn't i - i think we should

realworlddreams
that was the Da Vincci code i think, or sumthin like that.

Tired Hiker
It's all just a big cult anyways.

Tired Hiker

Tired Hiker
But what if the Moose is a suicide bomber?

Tired Hiker
Hey Loose, go to edit options and make yourself visible. There are some here who think I am you! wink eek!

Tired Hiker
Atta boy!! laughing out loud

Tex
Although this thread has been very civil, religious/political threads are not allowed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.