The future of Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Unlike many of you, I really enjoyed Daredevil. I just wanted to list my hopes for a sequal and your thoughts.

ok, after Daredevil and Elektra, The next Movie should be called "born again". It should be about Kingpin getting out of prison and using new henchmen to tear Matt's life apart and him finding faith, both in his newly found mother and in a new love interest, the black widow.

Details:
Director: Mark Steven Johnson
Writer:Frank Miller
Score:Howard Shore or Danny Elfman
Cast:
Matt Murdock/Daredevil-Ben Affleck
Franklin "Foggy" Nelson- Jon Favreau
Karen Page-Ellen Pompeo
Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow-Uma Thurmon
Wilson Fisk/Kingpin-Michael Clark Duncan
Ben Urich-Joe Pantoliano
Mr. Fear/Larry Cranston-Mark Hamill
Bushwacker-Matt Damon
Elektra Natchios (brief cameo)-Jennifer Garner
William Stryker (brief cameo)-Bryan Cox
Lester/Bullseye (brief cameo-Colin Ferrel
Sister Maggie-Glenn Close

Darth Jello
daredevil 3 would be called Guardian devil and would deal with Matt mourning Karen, finding hapiness with the Natasha, and fighting the new evils of typhoid Mary. He will finally end the Kingpin's stranggle hold over the city and defeat bullseye, now adamantium enhanced and wearing his costume, for the last time.

Details:
Director: Mark Steven Johnson
Writer:Kevin Smith
Score:Howard Shore or Danny Elfman
Cast:
Matt Murdock/Daredevil-Ben Affleck
Franklin "Foggy" Nelson- Jon Favreau
Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow-Uma Thurmon
Wilson Fisk/Kingpin-Michael Clark Duncan
Ben Urich-Joe Pantoliano
William Stryker (brief cameo)-Bryan Cox
Lester/Bullseye-Colin Ferrel
Sister Maggie-Glenn Close
Corperal Logan brief cameo)-Hugh Jackman
Mary Walker/Typhoid Mary-Fairuza Balk
Elektra Natchios (brief cameo)- Jennifer Garner
Spider-man (brief cameo)-Toby Maguire

Jason Horan
Well mate you've got this under your hat havent you...I don't think they'll make 3 movies but hey anything can happen! big grin

Now im not a huge fan of Daredevil but the first movie wasn't bad. Actually I liked it but do you know who is Daredevil's biggest enemy? confused

Darth Jello
it's probably a four-way tie between kingpin, bullseye, Typhoid Mary, and Mr. Fear

BarmyBrummie
WILLIAM STRYKER???? Whats he got to do with daredevil?

Darth Jello
In the movie version, a lot actually. see in the comics, after falling a great distance as a result of daredevil, bullseye shattered his back and was paralyzed. Lord Darkwind, Deathstrike's daddy and inventor of the adamantium bonding process kidnapped him and repaired his spine using eastern medicine and then bonded his skeleton with adamantium, just like wolvie. I know weapon X experimented on psychotic individuals before moving on to mutants, so for the sake of the movie versions interpretation i'm inferring that Bullseye will be one of Stryker's unwilling test subjects and that his costume will be some new supersoldier body armour

KharmaDog
Af;ecl butchered the Daredevil character. This character should have been played similar to how michael kezton played batman, very dark, brooding and with a "piss off world, but unfotunately I still care" attitude.

I love Daredeveil, he's a great character, but Afleck just killed it.

Darth Jello
all live action batmen have sucked, don't even go there, affleck was perfect

Wolfie
I'm not much of a Daredevil fan but I loved the movie.

Darth Jello
read daredevil vol 7:Hardcore

MaverickIce
That whole storyline should be the movie.

Darth Jello
The last movie, maybe, but the second one should be based on born again. I also think that whoever dubbed over Ray Park's voice in star wars episode I should play Mr. Fear. "fear attracts the fearful".

kal-el
Damn good call dath jello. Hardcore would be a great movie(obviously minus Cage and Jess Jones). It was excellent coz it was first time DD actually physically beat KP decisively.They haven't left much for DD to do for a while though coz he messed up all his worst enemies.

Darth Jello
maybe it would be nice if he pulled a mysterio wiht mr. fear though,

kal-el
Ha! I'm Mr.Fear!Thats my surname!

Darth Jello
If you've ever seen batman:mask of the phantasm (best batman film of all time!!!!) the phantasm is a complete ripoff of Mr. Fear, minus the fear Venom. oh, and this mr. fear cover should definitly be the basis for the movie poster.

kal-el
Bloody hell!!that looks like an awesome DD cover!It's obviously vol.1 but what issue number is it? devil

kal-el
dude can you believe the DD directors cut is delayed till 2005 with NO REASON GIVEN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That sucks balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linkalicious
i hope daredevil has no future...atleast as ben affleck

Darth Jello
wait, what delay?!?

Herr Logan
I agree with Darth Jello's ideas on DD 2, except for the "finding faith" part and having William Stryker in the movie. Stryker probably can't be in another franchise due to production rights, and he's supposed to be dead. Not only that, but he has no place in a Daredevil movie. Only primary Daredevil characters can be in it because they don't have enough room for infrequent characters and guest stars.
I definitely wouldn't mind a Daredevil movie written by mcgdo Miller, and I thought "Born Again" was excellent. I just read it last week, actually.
Mr. Fear is hokey, but he might be good in a movie. Mark Hamill? Maybe. I'd prefer it if he stuck to doing cartoon voices.

Darth Jello
I think x-men takes place after daredevil. weapon plus tested some of it's programs on criminals, hence resulting in Nuke (from born again). I don't think Nuke could work in a movie but bullseye would, considering he's had a similar bonding experiment done to him as wolverine.

kal-el
Yeah Darth! There's gonna be a delay. The directors cut wont be out till 2005. So says superherohype.com.

Darth Jello
one more thing, i am sick of people ripping on Afflek for his performance. Anyone who ever read the comics will tell you that he IS Daredevil. Anyway, other possible villain choices:
Danny Devito: Leland Owlsely/The Owl (the movie version of the penguin is a complete ripoff of the owl)
David Duchovny:Zebediah Killgrave/The Purple Man
Jason Alexander: Wilbur Day/Stiltman (Even though Mark Steven Johnsson said he was too lame to be in a movie http://daredevil.dreamhost.com/ttstilts.htm)

kal-el
True, Affleck was the bomb in phantoms!!!!I mean Daredevil. I thought he fleshed it out perfectly. He worked is arse off for that film coz he loves DD. How about one of the Wayans brothers as Turk?!Hehe!
Who should play DD if Affleck doesnt want to , which he says he doesnt?I was thinkin Matt Damon coz he loves DD and would do it justice coz he's a good actor and is athletic. enough to pull off stunts and fights. what do you reckon?

Darth Jello
yeah, damon could work, i guess...
I just think that they should stick with one actor or not do the movie. a born again type story would really not feature afflek in costume much and i think that's what he wants in the first place.
How about Eddie Murphy as Turk? Maybe Will Sasso as Grotto?

kal-el
I agree.I'd rather see Benny boy continue. Born again would be awesome but there's the annoying matter of the crossovers that wouldn't be able to happen(iron man, thor, cap). but as a basis for a story line it would definately work

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.