I Found Out Something!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BurnetteBeauty1
pippin sings stewart of gondor in the first book! its there!

orlandoOYEA
What the f**k? is it really?

Kitoky
Erm...seriously?

BurnetteBeauty1
yup

Kitoky
Are you PERFECTLY sure?
That you have searched the RotK book and can prove it?

orlandoOYEA
Yes what page and book, can you tell us?

Kitoky
I mean FotR excuse me

Kitoky
Okie I'm sorry to bust your bubble but there isn't even a chapter in the trilogy that is named "Steward of Gondor'

azszhz
so its still possable.. Hey Ho to the Bottle I Go is from two different songs in the Fellowship book

Kitoky
There is absolutely no song of Pippin's in FotR because I just read the book and I didn't see it

shadowy_blue
Actually, it's in the FOTR book, you guys. wink Though in the ROTK movie soundtrack it was titled "The Steward of Gondor", Pippin's song is the one the Hobbits hummed in Chapter 3 of FOTR, "Three is Company". It was taught to Frodo by Bilbo Baggins. Bilbo had made up the words, to the tune that was as 'old as the hills.'

Upon the hearth the fire is red,
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet,
Still around the corner we may meet
A sudden standing stone
That none have seen but we alone.

Tree and flower and leaf and grass,
Let them pass! Let them pass!

Hill and water under sky,
Pass them by! Pass them by!

Still around the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though we pass them by today,
Tomorrow we may come this way
And take the hidden paths that run,
Towards the Moon or to the Sun.
Apple, thorn and nut and sloe
Let them go! Let them go!
Sand and stone and pool and dell,
Fare you well! Fare you well!

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.

Then world behind and home ahead,
We'll wander back to home and bed.

Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
Away shall fade! Away shall fade!

Fire and lamp, and meat and bread,
And to bed! And then to bed!

wink

Smodden
very good shadowy blue..
i'm gona check it

shadowy_blue
Yeah...I love how Howard Shore and the filmmakers subtley includes songs or rhymings in the book to the big screen. It gives me shivers all time whenever I hear Billy sing it.

There are some little changes though, in the last two lines of the song from the movie, it was

"Mist and and shadow, cloud and shape
Hope shall fail, all shall fade"

in the book, it was

Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
Away shall fade! Away shall fade!

But still, very fascinating and powerful. big grin

Kitoky
Ah I see now! Thanks Shadowy, Gosh even after reading it I don't remember a thing from the beginning. smile Just gives me an excuse to read it again!

shadowy_blue
No prob... big grin

Smodden
yeah i've read 'em 2wice and still have to keep checkin for details like that. and yeah shadowy i love how the take verse from the books and hide 'em in the tunes smile

shadowy_blue
LOL...I'm listening to it right now...Still very touching!! I also love the slow accompaniment of the Gondor theme at the start. Very emotional. I think I like Gondor theme better than the Rohan one, though it's also very wonderful. big grin

The song that Merry and Pippin were singing in Edoras is in the book too. big grin

Kitoky
I thought the Rohan theme was excellent but at first I didn't favor it because it was so depressing and sad but then it grew on me.

The Gondor theme seems to come off of the Rohan theme....

BurnetteBeauty1
umm i never said that there was a chapter
and it is on page 76 in my book ( the one with rivendel in the back round that Tolkien drew)

shadowy_blue
Yeah, but I think Gondor theme is excellent. It's very inspirational, uplifting, overwhelming but depressing all at the same time. And I don't know, Boromir is one of my favorite characters in the trilogy and whenever I hear the Gondor theme, I can't help it but to think of him even though he's hardly in ROTK but for some good of a second. And because I'm thinking of him, I will then remember his death and before I knew it, I'm already crying. sad I also can't forget when Gandalf and Pippin first arrived in Minas Tirith and you can hear it as a background music, I was shaking.

Oh well, getting emotional here, back on topic. We're straying off to another soundtrack topic. LOL..stick out tongue big grin

shadowy_blue
You should have told them what Chapter it was at the very first so that other people weren't confused like they have been. But yeah, everything's solved now, so...cheers. big grin

Exa
Phewww didnt we already have that in some other threads?

Nearly all dialogues are from the book or variations from the books, and so are the texts used for the soundtrack - like a translation of "The road goes ever on and on" or others.

Sifer
"The Road Goes Ever On" actually had REAL music written for it in conjunction with Tolkien smile Twice, I have tried to buy the book and failed sad I MUST HAVE!!! big grin

sauron
fotr when they are walking through the forest except its actually about going to bed

Smodden
da da///dee dee--dum=doo doo

down from the door where it began

*ah* singing its everywhere in the books but i can't complain most of it i like especialy the orc songs ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.