Tim Burton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thorC
I like Tim Burton's movies. Every single one of him. He's totally great director. For the first time i saw Edword Scissors hands, Nighmare Before Christmas, Mars attack, Sleepy Hollow, and Planet of the Apes. he's great. i think his master piece is Batman, he showed us a different size of Batman and The Joker.
But my Tim Burton's Fav is Mars Attack. i like it soooooo much.
So This year2004 we'll Big Fish . This is a father son story. A father who is dying tells his son about his life, but he is kind of elusive about the details. The son pieces together his fathers life using stories, legends and some facts that he has about his father. What he ends up with is all of his fathers successes and failures.
and Next Year 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory . infact i like the book. the wirter Roald Dahl is one of the best writer. actually Tim Burton was a produce of James and the Giant Peach.
i am looking foward to see his movie in his point of view. and of coz his production design.

mook
i like the first batman.
i think batman returns is good but the plot goes a bit silly towards the end.
edward scissorhands is great, so is nigtmare b4 xmas.
ive only seen mars attacks+sleppy hollow once but quite enjoyed them.

have you heard about his new film 'big fish'- supposed to be really weird but good.

Phoenix
I wanna see that - i saw the Trailer last weekend, and it looks so cool!

mook
yeah, a trailer i saw descibed it as 'a modern day wizard of oz'.

cermiestar
big fish looks brilliant....i really like tim burton but i didn't like planet of the apes, i felt it was very flat...

CaptainSparrow
I absolutely love Tim Burton. I've grown up with his movies. I would watch one of his films, even if i had no idea what the storyline was, because i have so much faith in his vision and talent!
I'm going to see Big Fish on the 31st. I can't make it on the 30th sad I'm looking forward to it though.

What's everyone's favourite Burton movie? Happy Dance

kelita_33
Hi, my name is Kelly and Im new to this whole Movie Forum thing. Anyway, Im writting because I need some help. Im only a senior in highschool and Im in a class called "Introduction to Film Study." I've always loved movies and I love my class very much. Anyway, we have to write papers about any 5 movies weve seen in that class. Since Tim Burton is my favorite director, natuarlly Im going to write about his movies. Only i dont want to make them boring critiques like everyone else does and write all fact with no opinion or voice. I want to write about themes and messages within his movies, only I dont know what. We only watched 3 of his movies: Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, and Ed Wood. Can anyone help me out here. I know a major reoccuring theme in edward scissorhands is conformmity, but Im not sure if i can milk it for 3 pages. Any themes you guys picked up in Sleep Hollow or Ed Wood please tell me Because at this moment I am staring at a blank document not knowing what to type. I would also like to say, I LOVED Big Fish, it was magnifisent from start to finish, it lived up to Tim Burton's reputation, and it was just completely genious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.