Should they be paid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
A hypothetical person is on the dole, they don't get much, they get a bit of moeny each forghtnight. However all their food they grow themselves, they constaqntly borrow books from the local libery to read, they have set up a solar power generator to power the building they are squatting in (although they have really fixed it up), they take successful care of a few pets, inculding a cow from where they get milk they make butter or cheese (all quite healthy), inculding a cow from where they get milk they make butter or cheese. They spend much of their day working on the building they occupy, on their garden growing food and gathering scrap wood for heat and cooking or making cloths and jewlery.

Should this person be given the dole?

Ushgarak
Yes, but bear in mind he only gets it if he is genuinely looking for a job!

mechmoggy
I'd swop the cow for some magic beans. yes

rusky
laughing out loud mech...me too big grin
I guess so, if the person REALLY has time to work (on something else) after all that taking care of the house, cow, garden stuff...

Raz
Dole=Job Seekers Allowance.

He would only get it, like Ush said, if he were looking for a job. Which, I believe, he would have to prove to the authorities.

Fire
yea, but in his position if he is happy he doesnt need it

silver_tears
what are you guys talking about?

rusky
Oh...in that case, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go looking for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.