Ewan McGregor on AOTC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
And he doesn't slag it off! He actually says it's very good.
big grin

" McGregor claims to have seen 60 or 70% of AOTC, and enthuses, almost as if he is surprised himself, that it is going to be: "very good. Actually very good." By that does he mean it's better than the first one? " Yeah, because we've done the groundwork and now we can get on with it. Ep1 had to do a lot of work to set up all the political stuff with the Senate - and with a children's movie you have to be careful with all that stuff. This time there's more of a spirit of the first three. It's definitely hotting up." He confirms Obi Wan will play a more central role and says" There was a big sigh of relief that we were able to get a lot more humour into it." Hayden Christenson who plays Anakin Skywalker is apparently a "******* lovely guy and brilliant to work with" and yes he does like the fact Obi Wan gets to have a beard "Although I don't know about the jedi mullet."

The interview moves onto the badmouthing SW thing, Ewan says " I said a lot of things" he admits " I was very mouthy about it and not quite rightly so. The SW films are unquestionably very hard work and technically very demanding. This second one was even more so - it called on me to be completely alone in a totally blue room for days and days, playing a character in a situation with other actors who aren't there. There's one scene where I'm across a table from an alien character who's not there, so I'm playing to mid-air and my reactions to what he's saying are my reactions to what I imagine he might do. You're compltely triple guessing the whole time. And the last thing the computer guys creating the alien would think of is to ask the character who plays opposite what he thought he was doing. They're not even there on the day to see it.

So, it's hard work, but we're not getting paid to have a great time, we're getting paid to do a job. The films are creatively rewarding because it's a unique acting experience and if you pull it iff then you've risen to quite a hefty challenge." I stiil can't resist asking him if he actually enjoys filming on SW set. "Yeah" comes the reply although the word sounds like it's been forced out of his throat like a lodged chicken bone. There next follows a full two seconds silence after which we both collapse into simultaneous laughter. "Playing a part in SW is challenging but I do love being in these films. I mean I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi - how ******** good is that?"

The rest of the interview is about Black Hawk Down, and his annoyance at the UK tabloids printing pictures of his children.

Ratcat
Where did you get this from KJ?

bigsef2
Didnt Ewan sound super-enthused about TPM before it came out?

finti
No he found it boring to film

King Jedi
I took it from TFN. It's also on Jedinet.

The interveiw appeared in this months Arena magazine.

bigsef2
if i remember correctly, it was only like a year AFTER the realease of TPM that ewan said what he really thought about the movie. before it was released, he was talking it up like everyone else.

mah
you never know about ewan and his big mouth.

King Jedi
Or his two-faces.

*hides from Ushgarak*

Ushgarak
(Pats KJ on the head)

As far as I remember his view on TPM never changed; he was always half enthusiastic and half critical virtually from the point that filing ended.

Ratcat
I dunno about that, I remember seeing a number of them during the media trail for TPM where he was ecstatic.

One that springs to mind was on Film 1999 and he was in this small, private theatre being interviewed and he was like an excited little schoolboy.

yerssot
let's face it, if you don't pay him anymore he hates the movie wink

Ushgarak
That wasn't actually for Film '99, that was for an Omnibus special about Star Wars, in which they showed extracts in Film '99. I still have the special on tape.

Ewan was always, alwayts exicted. But even then he was already making comments about large amounts of it being boring. It was also about that time that he revealed that Denis lawson had told him not to do it.

bigsef2
why didnt lawson want mcgreggor to do it?

Ushgarak
(Speaking as Uncle to Nephew, of course)

According to Ewan, Denis told him that it would grow to dominate his life and he would regret it immensly.

bigsef2
come on, though. lawson was just wedge for goodness sakes! how can that dominate your life. he had a bit part! only die hard fans like us even remember what a pimp his character was!

yerssot
and all none-Britts only know one movie that he played in: Star Wars

King Jedi
He's always said that he like TPM. He's never slagged off the film, just making it.

LanceWindu
Actually I first saw him in little movie known as "Trainspotting 1 & 2" I believe that is a big movie over across the seas.

Ushgarak
It's just 'Trainspotting'.

Yes, Ewan is bigger in the UK but that is because he started out as a stage and tv star.

Now he's getting loads of top line roles.

yerssot
I was talking about the one that played Wedge... NOT his nephew!

Ushgarak
Ah! I thought you were, actually, then when Lance posted I thought I was wrong. But I wasn'yt. Silly me.

Denis Lawson, you mean.

King Jedi
I was going to post a list of Ewan McGregor movies for you Yerssot. I'm glad I didn't. rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
yeah, THAT would made you look silly!

queeq
And then there was Shallow Grave, A Life Less Ordinary and Moulin Rouge. Not small ones either.

yerssot
well, I still think he is not a good writer

Ushgarak
I think you missed the point of the conversation there, queeq!

And say what, yerss?

yerssot
well, Ewan is not a good writer!

Ushgarak
Err... why do you say that?

yerssot
because he isn't a good writer!
djee!

Ushgarak
How do you know that?

yerssot
have you seen any books of him around here?

queeq
I didn't miss the point, I just backed up a bit.

What books?

yerssot
you see! that's the entire point!

Ushgarak
Yerssot has crossed the line from humourous to pointless, I think.

Ratcat
I'm surprised it took him so long... laughing out loud

yerssot
*jumps back*
nope, still here big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.