Can someone please tell me how do i beat jecht at the end of ffx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theflyingmonkey
I can get all the way to the part where he takes the sword out of him buy i cant get the rest!

Trinity_Matrix
Ideally, at this point you should have Yuna and Lulu each with their Celestial Weapons (or if not, equip them with weapons with 1 MP cost and possibly Magic Booster on them, you can get Three Stars to customize to get 1 MP cost by either bribing/defeating fiends in the Monster Arena, Omega Ruins, and Sin, or by catching all the fiends in I think Kilika). Have Tidus cast Hastega on the group, and have Yuna cast Holy and Lulu Doublecast Ultima the whole way through. If you've gotten Yuna's Nirvana and have her leveled up high enough, she can do up to about 80,000 damage with each casting of Holy. This was how I fought Jecht and the battle was over in about 5 minutes.

§pearhead
heres a hint...anima. i finished off jecht just with him(her?)

theflyingmonkey
oh ok i dont anima or holy for yuna guess ill have to trainsad
thankz though

Trinity_Matrix
You don't have Holy yet? blink heh, you should train Yuna up a bit more! But you're welcome, and good luck!

stinkfist462
i havent even beaten the game yet blink ...

SaTsuJiN
I dont have any of the celestial weapons sad they look so hard to get... Im at the part where tidus is looking up at sin, and then sin turns away and tidus and the gang board the airship, and that gives you the chance to go anywhere for the time being. (right after the battle with yunalesca)

§pearhead
i only got auron's and yuna's...but i need wakka's. thing is i cant do blitzball for sh1t...

theflyingmonkey
neither could i but youll get it soon enough i got all my guys leveled up i dont use wakka at all though he sucks, and make sure to get the jecht shot from luca it will help you win alot of games,
does anybody know where to get holy for Yuna I cant get it

theflyingmonkey
yes trinity i do suck at the game its my first final fantasy game to ever play, i played a little bit of X2 and i just fell in love with it so i played X to find out what happened in the begging before X2 can you tell me where holy is?

sith_darth_jay
holy is a magic in the grid, i think is somewhere near where rikku and yuna's path are near to each other, the celestial weapons are not so hard to get, yuna's nirvana is the easiest to get of them all,

i just won three biltz matches and the restaurant lady gave me the celestial weapon for wakka, getting jecht shot helps a lot in blitz (is the kilika-luca ship).

just do what trinity said, or you can go to gamefaqs.com, there's lots of guides there, but the best one of all, is the one made by some guy that called himself "Split Infinity", is the most complete guides of all (i don't know how that guy could've written that thing). its 1000 something Kb,

Satsujin> that's the time when you must get the celestial weapon, and make sure, if you completed yuna's path by now, to send her down lulu's path, you'll make her a killer that way, same with lulu (yuna's path after you completed lulu's)

Trinity_Matrix
Yep, Holy is right where Yuna and Rikku's paths on the sphere grid cross.

I never got Wakka's Celestial Weapon, actually...the only ones I got were Yuna's Nirvana, Rikku's Godhand, and Auron's Masamune.

Switching Yuna and Lulu into each other's parts of the sphere grids when they're each done with their parts is a really good idea, because it gives you two healers and two magical attackers. I think I also moved Rikku into Auron's part of the grid and Auron into Tidus's.

If you want a good place to train, flyingmonkey, go to Omega Ruins. Go through there, and fight Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon. You will gain sphere levels VERY quickly in there, because most of the normal fiends in there are stronger than the majority of the bosses in the game. They also drop a lot of very rare items, such as Three Stars, Wings of Discover, Door to Tomorrow...I'd suggest spending some time in there, fight your way to Omega Weapon, and defeat him. If you can defeat Omega Weapon, you can more or less defeat ANYTHING in that game.

And I just beat FFX-2 the other night big grin

§pearhead
stick out tongue wakka would be my best guy if i had his legendary weapon

congats tm! big grin

theflyingmonkey
ok trinity thankz for the advice, and thankz to sith for telling me about famefacs.com, i also just got ff8 is that a good one, i tried to play it and dont know if i want to cause the grpahics really suck but is the story good, cause if so ill play it.

Trinity_Matrix
FFVIII was the first Final Fantasy that I beat, and yes, it is definitely worth playing. The story is really good, kinda confusing but still awesome. The ingame graphics aren't the greatest, but remember that game came about 4 years ago, and the FMVs are still excellent. And you're welcome for the help smile

Spearhead -- thanks! I'm playing through it again to try and get 100% (since I only got 67% my first time through...)

ragesRemorse
you dont have to have any celestial weapons. All you have to do is have your characters built up. Take the time and get aurons, and titus's max over drive, or really just get the max over drive with your three most powerfull characters. Equip your two most powerfull fighters with the resist stone sheild or amulets. After that all you have to do is base your strategy intelligently. This is of course the bare knuckle way to beat him. If your characters aren't built up to high, you might want to do that first, that is pretty crucial, if there built up enough and you have there max overdrives he is child's play, i never even had to use summons on him.

ragesRemorse
if you want to beat him in about five hits, then take your time with the monster trainer, and blitzball. Get the dark matter and customize your most powerfull characters weapon with it. you break 999,999,999 every hit. Then again if you can beat the monster trainers monsters jecht is probably the last thing you need to worry about

sith_darth_jay
i still haven't beat FF X-2 sad i haven't got time to play it ( i bought the game for my birthday, dec 4)

right now i'm in chapter 2 and i got 31 % completed, but i miss one baggage in the moonflow level (CH 1), so i won't be getting 100 %, or so i've heard.... i'm gonna play it again anyway

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.