If you had to fight in a Battle.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
which one would it be?

minas tirith

helms deep

any others?

i would rather be at minas tirith then helms deep

give reasons why to big grin

shadowy_blue
For a very, very overwhelming experience, much grander scale and to see much more creatures that I thought I'd ever see in my life, Minas Tirith.

But realistically, if I'm the real soldier, I think I'd be more safe in Helm's Deep.

But, what the heck!? What if I'm one of the main characters and I'm not supposed to die no matter what?

Battle of the Pelennor Fields all the way!!! big grin

Corlindel
Dagor-nuin-Giliath, near Angband fighting a Balrog or on the Fall of Gondolin fighting Balrogs too.

shadowy_blue
I'll also want to be in the "War of the Gods" in Utumno with all the Valars. cool

GABRIEL05
I'd fight in that Pellenor fields battle. So I could be like

"Hold the line! HOLD THE LIIIIIIIIIIIIINE! For ROHAN, ARNOR, AND BROOKLYN!!!"

KidRock
yea i would wanna be at minas tirith just to erperience that city and all that jazz but i would NOT feel safer at helms deep

kalantiaw
the final alliance... nothing more honorable than fighting side by side with Lord Elrond...

Fire
Pellenor Field

Corlindel
LOL

Yeah And on the famous battle of Man-hat-an

big grin

Discos
yep, the experience and view of the nearfall of Minus Tirith would be a sight so i would defenatly want to be a soldier for the Rohirrm at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Kitoky
For me....it's definately the Pelennor. I'm the one riding the Fell Beast

ATM4eternity
I'd like to be in Osgilianth to ambush the orcs and then ride to minas tirth if i dont get caught by a fell beast then then get to wear the sweet gondorian armor and try to not be in the front line that gets crushed by trolls

Lord_Andres
I wish I could have been in the battle of the pellenor fields, in Minas Tirith

samIam
I would be at the battle of bywater ....its in the shire!!! goodness .. do u even need to ask.. and MY SAM is there!!@!!!

Exa
I'd love to be in the battle of the Ruin Of Gondolin... and in the Nirnaeth Arnediad *sniff* sad because practically everybody died there... but the best is definitely the Dagor Dagorlad. Must be a great athmosphere there... the ending of the world...

Lady Ellie
I would love to see the big war elephants!!!

sauron
wasnt it dagor dagorath

the battle of battles

the ending of the world LOVE to fight there

Exa
Yey writing mistake... I first wanted to say Dagor Dagorlad (ie. Last Alliance) but then Dagor Dagrath so I mixed them up... its written DagOrath in the book but that has to be a mistake... should be Dagrath.

Bar-en-Danwedh
i'd like the the Dagor Bragollach (the battle of sudden flame)
The Battle began one night in winter, when Melkor sent out rivers of flame from Angband that desimated the plains of Ard-galen followed by armies of Balrogs and Orcs, led by Glaurung the dragon (my fav. character). but you'd want to be a bad guy in that one...

but as for LOTR i think i'd like the attack on the black gates at the end. the mouth of sauron comes out and says your friend is dead, so you say screw it, and charge in against insumountable odds. that's my kind of fight.

IcepicK
I will like to fight at the Black Gate, knowing That I will die and there is no hope:

Gimli: Low chances of succes, Great posibillities of Die, I will do it!!!!!! (cant remember the exact line, If anyone remember I will be grateful)

Gimli: I never imagine That I was going to die next to an Elve
Legolas: Better next to a FRIEND

This are my reasons to fight next to mordor big grin

KidRock
when was this battle and who was it againts.. and who won

Discos
I wouldnt of actually minded being an Ent at Isengard, Destruction was the key option there!

Discos - filthy orcs' putting them on fire...

sauron
morgoth and it was against EVERYONE lol big grin

id have liked to be Fingolfin fighting Morgoth stick out tongue dying that way would be dying indeed

Exa
Typically first Age... Morgoth against everyone and Morgoth wins big grin Morgoth rules love

Sad, sad story sad (and on the cover of my absolute fave book big grin ) Id rather like to be Rochallor there, though... his horse... brought news of Fingolfins death to the other elves and then died of broken heart *sobs* poor Rochallor sad

sauron
would you die of a broken heart if morgoth killed me exa big grin stick out tongue

Exa
embarrasment big grin
ROFL
Would Morgoth ever kill Sauron wink

sauron
sad sadly its highly probable i am simply a maia...him a valar.....sad

sauron would be a goner unless he had ring? then he would be strong HED be the master we must gets it

whoah gollum trip stick out tongue

Exa

sauron
AND wouldnt have a helmet like THIS

Exa
Right, right

And he wouldnt have this cool armour hes wearing in the prologue

args hell where has my pic gone?? mad *searching*

sauron
men: we are winning big grinbig grinbig grin

*bum bum bunm booooom*

men: shit

Exa

sauron
well it would be

men:die die die
morgoth: die die die i have a hammer
sauron: die die die im supposed to be gone forever but so im here anyway
some smart guy: hmm to stop them i will have to destroy the world

world gets destroyed

some smart guy: YEY I WON>>>>>ARGH *dies*

Exa

sauron
ghang on are we on about the same battle here

the battle to end all battles the cleaving of the earth

?wasnt turin dead?

Exa

sauron
well if all this ptophesising is going on and he knew he was going to cleave the world then why not do it anyway and get it over with stick out tongue

Exa
big grin
Its not said that it was really HIM cleaving the world - only that it would be done with Celeg Aithorn and happens because Fionwe wanted to revenge dead Arien

sauron
exa im asking you alot here stick out tongue

but in silmarillion who is sauron talking too when he says

"thou wouldst barter with me what is thou price"

and he says to be with his love so he tells sauron everything and sauron laughs at him and tells him his love is dead...but he can join her as aranged and kills him

Exa
one of the companions of barahir
i forgot his name
was it gorlim the unhappy?
i dunno... il look it up

at least if i didnt misunderstand your quote

sauron
no your half there big grin thanks big grin

Exa
half where? hm? what?

sauron
half right big grin half way to the answer big grin

Exa
but then i do not know the correct answer big grin

I thought it was gorlim
but my mind for names and situations is terribly bad

aniron
Helms deep, dunno way, more likley to see legolas prob hee hee

Bar-en-Danwedh
i like the personal battles the most... the heros, if you will.

okay sure fingolfin fought melkor, but his older (and cooler) brother feanor was the one who told him to sod off when melks showed up at his front door one day, and he fought several balrogs by himself!!!
best death ever!

beren is anothr fav.
when told he can't come back and marry luthien without a simaril in his hand he shows up and presents a bloody stump where his arm was and says he does have one in his hand - it just happens to be in the stomach of Carcharoth who bit it off!!! lol

then turin!!!
chased an elf off a cliff in a joke gone wrong, killed his friend who rescued him because of poor lighting, had messy hair, accidentally married his sister, but managed to kill the bitchnest dragon of all time : GLAURUNG (who, when it comes to evilness makes melkor look like a petty thug, who makes sauron look like a nun).

if they made a movie of this guy's story half the audience would be crying, and rest would be comiting suicide. it's a tragic one.

nazgulinthedark
minas tirith, cause at least i would have a chance to be killed by the ringwraiths

Exa

Maikahyandowen
the last battle against Morgoth. what was that one called? there were balrogs and everyting there!

Exa
There are several that might count as Last Battles Against Sauron With Balrog... I think you mean the War of Wrath at the end of the First Age... or the Battle of Battles Dagor Dagrath at the end of Time and the World... or the Battle at the End of the Valian Ages Valar Against Morgoth... big grin

Maikahyandowen
the one when the Valar went to battle against him and stuff. that was great. did he have dragons there too? they were all over the place then, but i can't remember if they were actually allied w/ Morgoth against the elves and such.

Exa
Yes they had dragons... and Earendil fought Ancalagon the Great on an Eagle, defeated him and falling down Ancalagon broke the peaks of Thangorodrim love

Bar-en-Danwedh
i love whrn turnin psyched out the orcs, comming up over a hill by himself to see a hundred orcs and looks behind him and says: "this men. Charge!!!"

Exa
big grin big grin
I loved that scene

@sauron
So I want to know the solution
Why was is half right and whats the right answer?

Discos
I take it this scenes are in the book?

sauron
oh exa it was because it WAS a companion of barahir (i tihink)

not sure about the gorlim thing though...maybe

Maikahyandowen
Borimir fighting the orcs. that was so cool. took like 4 arrows to bring him down.

Exa

sauron
thats the one

Exa
Ok good
Why did you ask?

sauron
i was just curious because its my FAVOURITE sauron line big grin

iu also like the one where numenor is being destroyed and sauron is just stood un-affected big grin so cool

i think that tolkien should have made the end boromir fights sauron because THAT IS ENTERTAINMENT

Exa

sauron
and then goes..WAIT how the hell am i getting out of here....then realizes...and laughs...in there faces

no i just remember i LOVED that line..but i forgot it so i tried looking in E of A but couldnt find it in the encyclopedia of arda

so i checked the updated E of A the Exa of Arda

and you had it YEY

Exa
*rofl* Funny titles I always get in the forums big grin

Id prefer asking the S or the K or the U or the T or the B or some other letter of A...

Maikahyandowen
most of the battles in the Silmarillian are pretty cool. balrogs everywhere!!!!

sauron
sauron kit us turin or who?? whos B

stick out tongue well exa you should just face it....her in kmc you are our ultimate source of info big grin and we are all proud of you

Maikahyandowen
yes. verry proud. and grateful big grin rolling on floor laughing smile

Exa
B is the House Of Ransom ^^

embarrasment

Maikahyandowen
gandalf vs. the balrog. that was totally awsome. eek! big grin

sauron
in the book gandalf went and got his burns sorted by elves

in the films he was on fire for about 10 minutes and just DID NOT show a himt of burn...dirt...grime...

hmmm gandy a leggie wannabe?

Maikahyandowen
he looked dirty and nasty just after he beat the balrog, but when he got sent back he magicly got clean.

Jade_Eyes
AT the Pellenor Fields.

For the final battle, to ride in with the Rohirem

Maikahyandowen
definately.or ride w/ Eoymer at Helm's Deep.

Bar-en-Danwedh
B here, embarrasment

i love the whole Feanor march of the Noldor to get his sils back!!!
espacially when feanor crosses the river and burns all the boats and laughs!!! and no one can cross...

but even more so, the coversation between Feanor and Melkor, when melks shows up to his hous and is all like smokin' "hey, relax fella"
and Feanor's like all mad "step off bi-atch!!!"

(i've been reduced to a letter, and after choosing such an apropriate name for myself) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Exa
I just reduced all your names because Sauron also shortened mine big grin
Yey Feanors battles were cool... I also love the united army of Maedhros which turned out so bad...

Maikahyandowen
all the battles in the Silmarillian are awsome. but the last one against Morgoth was the best.

Member.
weathertop

sauron
when morgoths like *mwah hahaha im winning kill kill stab stab go orcs go dragons go balrogs*

morgoth: hmmmwhats that..now where have a seen him before OH SHIT

valar: HERE WE COME TO SAVE THE DAYYYYYYY *crash bang wollop*

morgoth: OWWIE....

manwe: you are banished to the void!!

or the first battle where morgoth rose above them like a mountain ans was winning till tulkas the strong appeared

Exa
laughing laughing laughing
Yey that was good

sauron
it was SO good though

i mean morgoth was totally being cool then manwe came out of his clouds for THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE 1000000 years because he is boring and does not allow destruction and brought his friends because he couldnt fight morgoth alone mad so they totally gang wared morgoth up

BULLIES

Exa
Manwe is so boring
Morgoth is the only Vala that ever gets really active. Ok, Aule is also not lazy, but the only one apart from Morgoth who really cares about middleearth and the fate of men in later ages is Ulmo.

shaber
The very first battle with Melkor, before creation, on a cosmic scale!

sauron
orome is quite good too

not as good as morgoth though.....if i were to ask someone to name a valar..i bet i know who the first person they would think of is..

MORGOTH the most famous (and loved by me)

but he is no longer counted as a valar

mad

Trickster
I would say Iluvatar(?)

Exa

sauron
iluvatar was eru...god...the one (NO! not neo)

not a valar big grin

i would have to say morgoth too big grin but favourite maia......guess big grin

sauron, Annatar, Gorthaur, The Black Hand, The Dark Lord, The Dark Power, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Mordor, The Lord of the Rings, The Necromancer, The Red Eye, The Ring-maker, The Sorcerer

all those names for lil ol' me eek!

FreddieFreeload

sauron
it was fionwe who eventually fought morgoth

and the world was cleaved....big grin WANT TO BE THERE

Jade_Eyes
Were any men and or elves at that battle?

sauron
yeah..alot of men were kinda on morgoths side big grin YEAH big grin

oh and basically everyone who was anyone was there

men who had died MILLENIUMS ago...were back fighting

turin big grin

FreddieFreeload

Exa
No stupid old Manwe sat around watching eagles or stuff like that while his son/herald Fionwe killed Morgoth and destroyed the world...

sauron
it was fionwe big grin manwes herald...(son at first)

FreddieFreeload

Exa
No NOT Finwe but FIONWE... in the war of wrath called Eonwe... yes there it was also him who led the army against morgoth... and it was also him welcoming Earendil in Aman.

Because Morgoth killed Arien Of The Sun who was the girlfriend of Fionwe and so he got so angry and swore Morgoths death... well he killed him but to do that he had to destroy the world. With Celeg Aithorn.

What Im wondering about is the question... what does Aithorn mean?

sauron
hmmmm i dont know

be an elvish worl most likely

Exa
intersting, it could be translated "tree-sprear" or "spear-long". celeg means quick.

FreddieFreeload

sauron
manwe was leader of good but he did not kill morgoth

that was fionwe whos love was killed by morgoth

FreddieFreeload

Exa

sauron
EXA HAS SPOKEN........!!!

stick out tongue

FreddieFreeload
Though I know it's a dodgy (at times) source...
From Unfinished Tales p. 413.

"Manwe will not descend from the Mountain until the Dagor Dagorath, and the coming of the End, when Melkor returns. To the overthrow of Morgoth he sent his herald Eonwe. To the defeat of Sauron would he not then send some lesser (but mighty) spirit of the angelic people, one coeval and equal, doubtless, with Sauron in their beginnings, but not more? Olorin was his name. But of Olorin we shall never know more than he revealed in Gandalf."

I see Manwe as the head of things, who will send Eonwe as his wacky sidekick to take care of preliminary things (much as he sent Gandalf to take care of Sauron), before Manwe himself descends from Mount Taniquetil to take care of the final enstallment of the epic battle.

The key difference here isn't that Manwe is behind it all (he also was at the War of the Ring), but that he eventually descends to take care of things himself.

sauron
manwe was NOT at the war of the ring

the lazy bugger sent his eagles to do the job for him

manwe does NOT fight morgoth

fionwe kills morgoth and just about everything stick out tongue big grin

Exa

FreddieFreeload
Of course he wasn't, but as that chapter ("The Istari"wink states, he was the one who sent the wizards to fight Sauron. Possibly, he was also the force that sent Gandalf back to middle-earth after his battle with the balrog, and that was what I said.

I won't say that I'm not open to ideas, but considering what I've seen, Manwe is the big boss of it all. It might come down to interpretation in the end, but as was also stated ("Manwe will not descend from the Mountain until the Dagor Dagorath"wink, Manwe will descend from his dwelling once the time of the final battle arrives, and him descending MUST imply some greater parttaking than just sitting around watching the eagles. He does send Eonwe to take command of HIS forces (much as Bush would send some high-ranking yahoos to commands US troops in Iraq), but that doesn't change that he descends himself (something that Bush didn't). That is active involvement. That is not "sitting around".

We can only speculate what he will do once he descends, but remembering that Melkor/Morgoth is as powerfull as he is, one might need someone of equal power to truly challenge his existence. Especially considering Tolkiens taste for the epic tales, I strongly feel that everybody (apart from Iluvatar himself) would take part in this battle that will destroy Arda, much as they took part in it's creation.

Didn't he die in the first age?? Being man, does he incarnate? If you could just point me in a direction (chapter or something) I'd be grateful.

sauron
erm..melkor was stronger than manwe...they were in the eyes of iluvatar brothers....melkor was the stronger and more knowing

melkor kinda blew his chances with the uprising though with the music

iluvatar stood and his face was terrible to look upon, and the ainur were afraid, powerful are the ainur and melkor most of them

sauron
yeah he died...but he became pure or something..and was allowed to return in the final battle

Exa

FreddieFreeload
So do they join the rest of men, when they leave the world at the unmaking of arda???

What exactly does that prove/have to do with the topic at hand?

If indeed Melkor was the most powerful of all, I think that it is even less concievable that he could be destroyed without the aid of Manwe...
Who... descended... D-e-s-c-e-n-d-e-d
He joined the fight...

**Please read above post**

sauron
i DID read it

We can only speculate what he will do once he descends, but remembering that Melkor/Morgoth is as powerfull as he is, one might need someone of equal power to truly challenge his existence

^^but manwe is NOT as strong as melkor^^

and he decended...all he may have done is speak to a few peeps about the war?

Kitoky
Powerful conversation here.......

FreddieFreeload
He had thousands of years to speak with peeps, descending just to chit-chat would be a waste of time.

FreddieFreeload
Double post...

Exa
Well, Manwe had enough time to waste a bit big grin

FreddieFreeload
That doesn't challenge the theory...

I'd might do some more on this some other day, but for now, I've presented my evidence. I'm confident that in thousands of years when the harddrive that stores this debate is found, i will be considered one of the greatest minds of our time.

sauron
manwe would never fight morgoth...morgoth would win..manwe knows this...if he dies the valar arent going to be too enthusiatic are they

Maikahyandowen
I don't suppose anyone ELSE is confused by this conversation?

Member.
second battle at the fords.

Exa

FreddieFreeload

Maikahyandowen
confused huh

Exa
Hey thx for these quotes, FreddieFreeload, they explain quite a lot thumb up

Maikahyandowen
uuuhhhhhhhhhh........................ confused huh right..................

Exa
Yes they do
They are exactly what I was looking for and couldnt find

Member.
well, all u have to do is ask tolkien himself. build a time machine and go back to 1955.

Exa
Awww I hate him
Nassssty laughing Ainu

FreddieFreeload

Exa

Maikahyandowen
i like member's idea. all in favor if time travel say aye!

Exa

Maikahyandowen
right. tiem machine anyone???

Maikahyandowen
time. I MEANT TIME!!!

CleverRaven
Why yes i think i would love to use a tiem machine! big grin Heehee!

Maikahyandowen
come a little closer and say that. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bash.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/chair.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/mad.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/spam_laser.gif

sauron
ok tiem machine

Maikahyandowen
: grumbles incoherantly :v

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.