Sunspot!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlayerChick1188
Can anyone help me out? I'm looking for GOOD pictures of Sunspot (both human and with his powers activated...but mostly human ones)

ANY help would be appreciated, thanks! big grin

SlayerChick1188
here's one already...

VallejoKid707
Great thread!

VallejoKid707

VallejoKid707

VallejoKid707

VallejoKid707
Roberto playing mutantball!

juggernaut26
what are his powers exactly?

VallejoKid707
Powers-- Da Costa has the mutant power to absorb solar radiation and convert it into superhuman strength and resistance to injury. When doing so, Da Costa's features melt away into a black mass of crackling dark energy. More recently, Da Costa has learned to use his powers to fly. In unlighted places, Da Costa suffers a slight drop in his power levels.

6 My fav pic.

gisugil
His name is Sunspot?

VallejoKid707
Yeah...

VallejoKid707
His bio:

Sunspot

Affiliation: Hellfire Club
Previous Affiliations: X-Force, New Mutants
Relatives: Emanuel (father, deceased), Nina (mother)
Aliases: Black Rook III
Powers: Sunspot absorbs solar energy, which used to increase his strength and hardiness. A founding member of the New Mutants, Bobby was a mainstay of the junior team for 98% of its existence. However, when his father died (killed by the External Gideon), Bobby went with Gideon, who was an old friend, to take over his father's business. Gideon, however, was looking for the next External, and thinking that it was Sunspot, had Bobby subjected to various experiments that increased his solar absorption capabilities by 3000%. When Sunspot was liberated by X-Force, he found he had the ability to fire energy blasts from his hands. Later still, during a battle with the M.L.F., Sunspot channeled his solar energy around his body, enabling him to fly. Unfortunately, he flew into one of Locus' portal beams and was sent into the timestream. It was thought that Sunspot had an alternate persona called Reignfire who led the M.L.F., but it has become clear that they are separate entities. After Bobby flew into Locus' beam, Reignfire captured him and forged a telepathic link that made Sunspot his puppet. When Cable forced his Askani disciplines into Sunspot to "expunge" Reignfire, he severed that link and Bobby returned to normal. As a result of Cable's actions, Bobby is now fluent in Askani and has gained finer control over his powers. He is currently so powerful that he finds it hard not to be in his blacked-out "fiery-head" state, but he can power down using the Askani methods. In the final battle with Reignfire, Bobby was possessed by his nemesis, but eventually regained control of his body, and is stronger than ever. While his best friend Sam Guthrie (Cannonball) was with the X-Men, Bobby got closer with Sam's girlfriend Tabitha (Meltdown). Things progressed to the point where the teammates kissed, just in time for Sam to burst in and see them. This drive a wedge between the friends that hasn't really healed, although they managed to work together when Sam rejoined X-Force. Recently, Bobby was deported from the U.S. because his student visa was no longer valid since he was not a student anymore. He returned to Brazil, but was restless and found the life of a rich playboy heir boring and meaningless. At that moment, Selene, who had usurped control of the Hellfire Club, approached Bobby and convinced him to help her stop the Deviants in the Damocles Foundation from resurrecting a Celestial Template. Bobby agreed, and met up with X-Force again during the battle. However, Selene didn't give up so easily and put Bobby through a number a illusory situations to force him to her side. Sunspot saw through all of them, so Selene and Blackheart, the new Black King, played their trump card: Juilana Sandoval. Juilana was Bobby's girlfriend before his powers manifested. She was captured along with him by the Hellfire Club and she died to save him from being shot by a HC goon. Blackheart told Bobby that Juliana was supposed to have lived, but someone in Processing messed up. The deal was: Bobby joins the Hellfire Club, and Juliana gets a new start in a recently deceased girl's body. Feeling that he owed his life to Juliana, Bobby had no choice but to accept, and left X-Force to become the third Black Rook.
With Sebastian Shaw's resumption of leadership of the Hellfire Club, Bobby appears to have been released from his vow. Exactly what occured and why Shaw would let Bobby get away is still unknown. Recently, Bobby became the head of the Los Angeles X-Corporation branch, and is working with Empath to insure that mutant interests are taken care of.

kohl
---

kohl

kohl

flavinho
So he's Brazilian? Good to know there's at least one mutant from my country. I think I started to like him...

kohl
he is! more exactly, from rio de janeiro.

kohl
---

kohl

kohl

kohl
_

kohl
a few more.

kohl
______

flavinho
Great, I thought he was born in Amazonia (the forest)... haven't he ever been to Amazonia? I thought I heard a story like that...

SlayerChick1188
WOW thanks guys, great pics! Does anyone have any from Extreme Xmen? I could have sworn he was in that series...

Paola
here Slayer big grin

kohl
here.

kohl
wow. paola, great minds think alike.

Paola
yes I agree kohl!!

laughing

SlayerChick1188
laughing out loud thanks you two

kohl
sure.

purplehpoo
Sunspot pics-Need desperately or mah bf is gonna kill me messed

flavinho
there's a thread of Sunspot pics, but i can't post a link...someone help him or, just make a search some pages forward.

SlayerChick1188
Here ya go, i started this one:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25253&highlight=Sunspot

VallejoKid707
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f49/t25253.html

Here ya go,

Vampiree
gah... i wasn't first... CURSE YE, CHICA AND VALLE!!!!!!!!

Paola
hehe laughing out loud

VallejoKid707
stick out tongue

SlayerChick1188
big grin lol sorry vampiree

JaydonPhoenix
Hey you guys are supercool for helping out finding Sunspot pics...they are so hard to find, especially the cool looking human ones.

Does anybody here like RPG boards or willing to get into it? I thought some of you might be so let me know and I will post the address to my RPG boards here for y'all to check out.

By the way I'm Jay, 20, England.

Jury Copeland
here's mine...

Sunspot
could you post more pics of him? plz

but in the black form

Paola
this is the only one I have sad

Captain Spyro
Here's one...

Captain Spyro
And another...

Sunspot
here

Spiderman_RJ
hey, i know sun spot is brazilian just like me, but someone get his bio?
i know he was an old xman team formation togueter with the woman who turns into a wolf, but his character was forever forgotenn in the comics, i was so happy when they remembered him and brough him back on x men evolution. do u guys have any pics of him, both comics and tv show, add them here please.

Maelstrom
embarrasment Always one of my fav. characters. I like his vulnerable side. Solar powered strength without invulnerability.
Can someone please update me on his powers. What they are now and what they were. I know his original state. Then he went through something which i don't need to know what it was, just the powers he gained as a result.
Also i hope that they returned him to his power base instead of letting him fly and shoot solar energy. So my question is, was that and is it the extent of his powers or has he returned to the land bound young man i grew up to know?

Spiderman_RJ

kohl
all the ladies definitely thought so. :>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.