Cousins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Mr Neil T put it to me yesterday that Bilbo & Frodo are cousins and not uncle and nephew as it says in the first book about them being cousin??

I think this is lies and haven't had a chance to look through the book to check but please reply to this with the correct info before he comes round today so I can grief him smile

Bilbo is 111 and frodo 33-ish, doubt they are even closely related?

sauron
cousins yeah

bilbo had many younger cousins his favourite of which was frodo

Exa
Correct he's not his uncle as he was a single child
he's rather a greagreatgrandcousin

Bilbo was the grandson of a brother of Frodo's great-grandfather

Exa
That's the baggins-connection

but theyre closer related over the Tooks, here Bilbo is Frodos granduncle or whatever you may call this

sauron
lol well in england we are lazy so if your not a grandad a grandmother an aunty or uncle or cousin you dont have an official title stick out tongue

Exa
big grin ok... so they are related as not-officially-titled.... at least I didnt find another relation...

Kitoky
Drogo and Primula drowned, Frodo was an orphan and Bilbo took him in and blah blah blahb, they're cousins.

Exa
cousins? but - how?

I think that its quite normal to call anybody whos older than you and related "uncle" if theres no other word...

sauron
why dont we just call them room-mates stick out tongue

Exa
Ok perfect big grin roommates... okeeeeh... stepfather and -son...

Kitoky
yes That would be best.

Discos
lol cheers, roommates shall do, I shall pas this information to Neil T

frodo_lover
OmG!!!!! Thank you sooooo mutch!
I've looking for the script so long, and now I've found it!!!
Now, me, my sister and a friend are sitting reading it all.
Thank you again!

Sifer
I have a name for them: Bum Chums...LOL

BTW: That was a joke smile

Discos
wasnt a very amusing joke,

Chapel
Drogo & Primula were Bilbos cousin & second cousin, thus Frodo is Bilbos second and third cousin at the same time in the book.

in the film Bilbo is Frodos uncle as far as I can tell.

Queer as news from bree!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.