Kill Bill DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
Any one has any info ? I just know it comes out on Feburary.

The Unknown
The DVD probably comes out earlier, cause Kill Bill 2 comes out in February.

Korri
hmm I hope it comes out soon because its a great film!

SilverFighter
This has been the best source I found so far:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=6057

" Buena Vista Home Entertainment have announced the release of Quentin Tarantino's acclaimed return to film after a six-year sabbatical, Kill Bill Vol. 1, for 3 February 2004, with an RRP of $29.95.

The first volume (the second will hit cinemas weeks after this DVD release) of assassin The Bride's journey to get even after her boss tries to 'do her in', this kinetic and violent film contains memorable characters and set-pieces, as with previous Tarantino films. Starring Uma Thurman as the aforementioned Bride, co-stars include Vivicia A. Fox, Daryl Hannah, Lucy Liu, Michael Madsen and the boss, Bill, himself - David Carradine.

Although full details are yet to be announced, it has been confirmed that the disc will carry an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 (English) soundtrack. Extras will be plentiful, if QT is to be believed, but the only confirmed thing so far is the trailer.

Expect more news soon. "

Fallen Jedi
Does anyone knows when vol1 is coming to DVD? Or am I gonna be forced to wait until vol2 comes out so both volumes will be relesed together (which of course means, I'll have to wait even longer to get the DVD)?

Fire
I think you might have to wait for vol2 altho it could be that they will bring out the dvd of vol1 just before vol2 is in the theatres

Plym
Actually, the film is now coming out around May/June-ish (Vol 2)

metal face
is the dvd still coming out feb?

ohhhh it better be

Fallen Jedi
Wait, I'm a little confused. Did the mods blend two threads together because I posted a thread just like this and it seems to have gotten attached to this one? And another thing, is the DVD coming out February or is vol2? Sorry, but sometimes I can be blonde. (I'm not blonde by the way.) Did the release date get pushed back or something? God, I hope not. I don't know if I can wait any longer.

Kes
Yes, the threads were merged.

Evil Dead
Kill Bill Vol. 1 dvd release - April 13th

Kill Bill Vol. 2 theatrical release - April 16th

Fallen Jedi
Why the set back? Does anyone know?

Oh, and Kes, thanks for clearing that up.

metal face
noooooo

those bastids

Punker69
just to let everybody know.from comingsoon.net.kill bill vol 1 dvd is only gonna have one special feature its the BEHIND the scenes with tarantino.but kill bill vol 2 dvd will have both the movies on it.and it will be loaded with special features

Pablo G
Shit I don't know to wait for that version or grab the barebone one coming out on April, it's a great movie.

Punker69
Pablo id just rent vol 1 and wait to buy vol 2.

Myth
http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/581081h.jpg

Looks pretty good to me but DAMN! Why April 13?

Evil Dead
are you complaining about having to wait 5 months after the movie hit theaters to see it on dvd?

There used to be a time when :

A. We had no dvds.....no laser discs........only VHS.

B. We had to wait 9 months - a year for a movie to come out on VHS after it had hit theaters.

Damn you kids today........."more , more, faster, faster, NOW......god damn it I said faster, more NOW!!!"

Raz
three days before the release of kill bill 2

Evil Dead
you are correct sir

</EdMcMahon>

SilverFighter
eek! I love it!!!!! Great cover!!!!!

badkittykitty
it shall be mine!

Kes
Moving to DVD talk
moving--moved

ldene
the release date of the dvd was put back in order to coincide with vol.2 release in theatres!

Punker69
its shall be mine and I shall called it uma and it sahll be my uma

Wolfie
I think I'll wait until Volume 2 comes out on DVD to get a nice box set of it.

Korri
exactly Revoltuions is only released on the 2nd messed

MR_TiGGer
I have read in Empire (I think:-) ) That there will be Vol I then Vol II then a combined/complete version after that. All with thier own special features and making of's etc etc.

If so ..... I'll be forced by the great lord Q to buy all 3 versions!!

No special visits down to blockbusters then a blast through DVD Shrink for me .... not this one

Grrrrr:-)

dantheman
WOAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD NEWS CONCERNING THE KILL BILL DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're gonna buy it then be sure to find a Region-3 copy (Asia)

The reason for this is due to the kick ass fight against the 88 members of the gang at the end of the movie...... in the US and UK versions (including theatrical) the sequence suddenly flips to Black&White. This is because the MPAA and the BBFC wouldnt pass the film with such graphic violence.....as a result you can only get the film KILL BILL in colour if you buy the Region-3 version (Asia) which is totally un-cut and uncesored by B&W..

Hope this helps...

Tired Hiker
God, Uma is so sexy.

samhain

ragesRemorse
yeah i know i have said this before and dan has pointed it out, i was dissapointed with the dvd of kill bill. im not discrediting the greatness of the movie just the features of the DVD. Why does america get gipped on the dvd when china gets the 2 disc special. my friend ordered a copy of it and it is damn nice. it is two discs and has a load of additional special features aside from the all in color version. They always do the special directors cut thing on video or dvd when a movie was restricted on violence so we can get everything, why not bother to put in the work for the region one and 2 people, why only chinese? i think tarentinos fetish for the chinese and japanese has grown into biased views over america

<<Solo>>
Dang what an awesome Movie.....The DvD was freaking awesome too. Expeacially when Uma goes and cuts the Crazy88 into pieces.

Elektra_lover
Did anyone find any Easter Egg's yet?

ManOnFire
I wanna see the uncut version

Asami
My friend's gf bought him this as a present, he was so disappointed - said he'd rather have a Man U dvd!

Spotless Mind
So, I can't both the DVD. A week to come. But can somebody tell me if there is an episode during or after the credits? I just heard something about that.

P.S. I'm talking about Kill Bill vol 1 DVD of course

Asami
I'm thinking of getting the special edition where the fight scene near the end is in colour. www.yesasia.com sells its there with other stuff, pretty good too.

Rogue Jedi
heres what i dont get. i put myself in the positiojn of black mamba. where are her guns? if bill and his cronies do what they did to her to me, i am gonna be packing some heat when i go after them. whats up with her only having a knife and a sword? FJ is a big kill bill freak and she says its because its the honorable thing to do. honorable? they are scumbag assassins!!!!!! there is no honor!!!!!

Myth
She brought a gun when she went after Bill.

Rogue Jedi
why didnt she use it? what about when she went after bud? why not take him out with a high powered sniper rifle? also, when she fought the crazy 88, she should have had a few guns.

Smasandian
Because the movie was about kung fu and QT's passion in asian cinema. If your making a kung fu thats similar to the older kung fu movies, it wouldnt make any sense if The Bride carried some heat.
It has nothing to do with honor or anything like that, it had to do with story and the universe QT created in this movie.

Coop
Ye , plus I wouldnt have been able to see much of Chiaki if Uma'd just pumped her (mmmmm theres a nice idea)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.