Constantine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AliasNeo15
Well, the movie should be coming out in the middle of September, and I know a lot about it, but I was wondering if anyone knows if this would have sequals after. Most comic book stories that have come out lately have sequals in the making, such as Spiderman, X-men, The Hulk, Daredevil. I dont know though cus this is gunna be like a movie we have never seen. A lot of CGI demons and we get to see wut hell looks like everybody. And then we see Neo get his butt kicked in every aspect of life. We havnt seen a lot of that. Does anyone know about sequals?

AliasNeo15
I can tell u right now, this is going to be the movie that u will remember Keanu Reeves for instead of the Matrix!!!thumb up

clavis9495
huh how would you know if there is going to be a sequal if the film isnt even out yet.... they should have a look at the box office charts first anyway...

AliasNeo15
well, the director has already talked about how this is made to be a mini-series instead of a movie, so i dont know.

Alias_Neo
well, heres a teaser trailer for anyone who caresstick out tongue

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/constantine/teaser_hi/teaser_MSTR.mov

forumcrew
theres a full trailer for it at TROY and it looks good allthough could of used a better actor.. sorry bout keano acts the same no matter what part his voice doesnt change nothing its like im watching him and not his character.. but the movie looks interesting cant say about a #2 or #3 untill i see how much $ it makes cause thats all that matters

Alias_Neo
yes, but the movies he is in are usually quite amusing

Alias_Neo
heres a few more pics

Alias_Neo
another one

Alias_Neo
another

Alias_Neo
last one

Alias_Neo
yup, movie looks greatyes

Ushgarak
Hmm, well, to be fair, the way he wears the tie and smokes is bang on...

Alias_Neo
bang on? is that a good thing?

The One Himself
Is he back to Metacortechs? confused

Alias_Neo
um i guesserm

Ushgarak
It's a good thing, as opposed to all the other ways in which Keanu is SO not Constantine...

Korri
erm Ush??

lol i cant wait big grin

WindDancer
Cool Pics! Where you got them from?

fanatos
I liked the trailer yes it was really good.

ChickinMeat
That trailer looks sweet, i had never even heard of this movie until this thread today.

Korri
droolio Its Coming out on the 11th of February next year!!

yum happy

sorrow
it's too long... it's like another 6 months.. erm

ChickinMeat
good things come to those who wait

SaTsuJiN
This is coming out tomorrow isnt it?.. It looks really good.. Imma go see it after I get out of class big grin

eleveninches
In the comics, constantine is a blonde scousser (person from liverpool). So why the F*ck did they cast him as keannu reeves

Paola
^ 'cause they know better eyes

DarkCrawler
This movie looks good. Maybe, maybe this will be good comic book movie.

Cinemaddiction
Well, I saw "Constantine" this afternoon, and it's average. The first half was soooooo slllllooooowwwwwww and plodding. There was some setup, followed by a lot of character introduction, and Keanu's self-loathing, griping about buying his way into heaven.

Second half was gnarly. Really interesting CGI, a solid storyline, but it felt like a rogue, comic book version of "The Exorcist", centered around a missing relic that more or less held the key to determining peoples fate.

Overall interesting movie, not the best, not the worst, and I'm sure comic fans will appreciate it. That said, it certainly plays out like a comic book, and less of a movie. The action is sparce, but the story, bountiful.

Pyro GOI
Can someone tell me what's it about? I was thinking to go watch it with a friend. The trailer is cool, but I'd like to know some background.

Cinemaddiction
Well, from a movie standpoint, since I am cherry to the comics, John Constantine, who is doomed to eternal damnation, continues his quest to get on God's good side by exorcising demons and/or half breeds out of the real world. He hooks up with Angela to investigate the supposed suicide of her twin sister, in which they stumble upon a seedy underworld of sorts, and they get caught in the middle of a Heaven vs Hell war for souls.

JohnConstantine
i can pretty tell u that if ur a christian, u will despise this movie. Any movie where the devil ends up making the resolution and ultimately saving the hero's life, christians who love their god will go crying to the motion picture association ranting on about how there is a reason it was only a comic.

As for my opinion of the movie, it was good. Not the best ive ever seen, but i got my money's worth. The thing i liked the most about is that it wasnt so full of action that u couldnt rest. It was a story, not a boxing match. speaking of match, i cant count the number of time Keanu lit up a cigarette, the key to his evantual "3rd life". As for the possibility of a sequal, there isnt much chance. First of all, Keanu says he'd only do it if the same people come back, and plus, he ends the movie by chewing some nicarette gum. Hes not smoking anymore, thus destroying the entire character. Good movie, but its over, and it is rather sad.

IRTMU-Dragon
Someone smokes in this?
Great.

I hate smoking much less movies where im forced to watch people smoke, especially constantly.

alic88
this movie rulez.. hell yes they will make a sequal

and boy did it hafve some funny moments in it.. near the end when hez giving the DEVIL the finger.. and yes i must say this movie is controversial in the sense that christians will loath it, but this is for me definately 1 of the best movies 2 haf come out in the past couple of years.. gonna c it twice.. geez only 1 thread on this? only2pages? this movie shud go2 no.1 in box office

Castor
I just saw the movie and I loved it. I havent read any hellblazer comics and I'm glad I didnt because everyone who has seems to be copletely biased about the film already. They hadnt even seen it and they started talking bad. Ohh Keanu doesnt look like him, keanus one dimensional, he's supposed to be blonde.

If I wanted an exact interpretation of the comic, I'd just go buy the comic. I wanted ot see what hollywood could do with the concept. I mean there are only so many actors, I think keanu did a good job. He's not the best but I think his sarcasm and overall attitude was great. According to what I hear about constantine, hes a real dick sometimes. I definately got that from constantine in the film.

I loved the film, depsite its differences it was entertaining and it made me want to read the comics so that cant be too bad. Its not the next great picture but its a great way to spend an afternoon. Hell, its my birthday and I saw it. Glad I did too.

jenn624
yeah, I'd never read hellblazer, so I didn't know what exactly to expect going in, just that the trailer looked damn cool.
I liked it, its was a good movie.
I would highly reccomend it to anyone...

ragesRemorse
Just saw constantine earlier. I wanted so badly to like this movie. We dont get movies that revolve around the devil and occult very often, especially bad ass action occult movies.

This movie was average. I was always a fan of hellblazer, i must say Keanu diddnt do a bad job, but he is defenitley not a fast talking sarcastic bad ass...incase anyone was wondering. Though as a whole, Keanu's performance meshed very well with the atmosphere of the film. By all accounts this was a well made movie, just not written very well. The one thing i appreciated most about the movie is the thing i hate the most. Aside from most comic flicks, Constantine did a good job at revolving around the story rather than eye candy and fan appeal. However there is not much story. the characters were set up well, at characters i mean Constantine of course. I liked the way they conveyed Constantines characteristics, instead spoon feeding his character to you. The movie lets you understand more about him with dialogue, however, there is not much of that either.

The movie starts out well, introducing you to the forces and characters of the film. After everything is revealed though, you may find yourself watching the film to see what happens to the characters rather than wanting to see what happens with the story. The simplicity of the movie can be a bit of a drag, especially since there is little and periodic action to be had.Constantines character makes up for the lack of action though. Again , the movie is well made. the direction and editing is top notch of any flick out there. The subject material is either going to be loved or hated. If your like me and like the darker things in life, then you'll most probably find entertainment here, if you dont like the supernatural...well your not even going to see it. I give constantine a 6.5/10

I think maybe there should be a sequal, so we can actually get a plot outline that is remeniscant from the comics, but for character introduction i guess the story chosen wasnt that bad of a choice, because there is alot of subnject matter to introduce people to regaurding Constantine and his world, let alone a complex story.

happy B-Day castor

cal31
I just saw it and I thought it was a very good movie. I can agree with a lot of people saying how some of the pacing was bad, but the characters and style of the movie were the best parts by far. They definetely could take the franchise to the next level if they keep building on what they started. I don't know a lot about what the storylines are like in the actual comics, could someone give me an overview of some of them to get an idea what the sequels might be like.

cal31
It's part of Constantine's character from the comics and it has a great deal to do with the visualization of his change at the end. Know a little bit more about something before you speak.

cal31
Not true, I'm a devout Christian, but I loved the movie. I don't take it as a stab at my faith because it is just that, a movie.

ragesRemorse
well yeah, the devil diddnt resolve anything anyway. Our man was on his way to heaven and the devil pricked his ass. Big john used the devil to his advantage. Constantine was the hero not the devil.

wishmaster
yes that movie kiked ass if they do no quier devil he was gay im tellin ya gay!!!!!!!!!!!!

wishmaster
one thing ive seen the trailer a tousand times and i knew that mmovie was comin out since last year ahahah and the devil was gay in it

cal31
Anybody else see the extra scene at the end of the credits? I thought it was a nice touch.

Castor
damn, i missed it i thought the movie was ove,r what happend in the extra scene....did chaz wake up...i didnt want him to die...lol.

alic88
^he just goes 2 the grave of his "APPRENTICE"lol i forgot his name.. the 18 year old, wont spoil it4u c it again just wait after the credits

vaya_the_elf
Just saw the movie today, and it was pretty cool.

For a second movie that would be spiffy. Like if they brought back the twin.. like the devil did and made her like a devil chick.... or maybe that dagger she was trying to hide someone came after it.. .there are all kinds of ways they would make the into a second movie

alic88
^ shud watch the movie4a change

vaya_the_elf
I did watch it

JohnConstantine
hehe, isnt interesting how i made this thread over a year ago and i stuck behind it the whole time without even seeing a trailer or even reading anything about the comics? im trippin out, man!!!!!!eek!

ragesRemorse
Thats just...kind of sad really.

JohnConstantine
y is it sad?

Thoma5
I choose yes

dragonpisces272
somehow, i felt that the story was pretty simple, yet the i liked the movie. Different variations for sequels can happen here...like what was said above. I heard they're already talking about makin one (but it isnt a sure thing)

bazooka
I've just watch the movie, the movie is great! I didn watch the comics before, so i don understand quite many things. can u guys explain to me? Here are my question:

1. what is the bet between god and devil?
2. what will happen if devil's son comes to the world?
3. if devil's son want to comes to the world, it needs to kill god's son, is it points to angela? Or is she a half-breed?
4. gabrielle is an antagonist?
5. Why Lucifer interrupt on what gabrielle trying to do on angela?
6. what is the usage of constantine tatoo?
7. when a person is going to die, he will see the hell. Y constantine didn see it when he try to suicide on second time?
8. gabriell become a human? why?
9. y isabella suicide? y she mention the name of constantine?
10. demon is bad, angel is good, what about half-breed?

JohnConstantine
1. The bet is who can influence humans the most, thus if murder and suicide and rape can overshaddow the good things god wants his half-breeds to bring forth to humans, the devil wins, and the earth and mankind belongs to him.
2. Beeman in the movie says Mammon would be the last demon anyone would want to cross over, so im guessing he'd wipe out everyone.
3. No, to crossover, it would need a powerful psychic, which pointed to Angela, the twin of one, and the help of god, which would be Gabriel.
4. Gabriel feels it is unfare that rapist mollesters and murderers can come into heaven after repinting. She is simply trying to prove a point by bringing on the end of the world, where the sinners at that moment would perrish in hell.
5. Lucifer is simply keeping the bet alive between him and God. If she were to let Mamon free on earth, that would be going against the rules, thus terminating the deal, and prolly would ensure satan to be in hell forever.
6. Its kinda like a calling card. He used it simply to show who was behind the murder of his sidekick, Chaz.
7. Because he was losing blood and there pretty much was no chance he was coming back, Satan came to collect his soul himself. At that moment, time stopped and Constantine and Satan had a little chat.
8. Prolly cus god felt she lost her right to be in the seat of heaven, kinda when god sent Satan to hell after he had been an angel.
9. Isabell was aware wut her purpose was. She was there to bring forth the son of the devil. When she killed herself, she alone did not say Constantine in the video. It might have been Gods way of saying "get to this guy. he'll help u."
10. There are half-breed demons and half-breed angels. They have free will as all humans do, but most of them are doing good for their master. In the case of Gabriel, she might have been aware that this whole thing about getting a free ticket into heaven was not fair. Thats why she didnt really have a problem with John Constantine, becus he has to literally work for his right to be in God's House.

Hope this helps u.

alic88
^thanx

Wolfie
I'd see the sequel. The first was okay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.