Doc ock a good guy??? the last betrayal in man spider 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
This man spider 2 is getting dumber and dumber as we know more things about it. The last new that i have read about it , by Avi Arad words, its that doc ock is in the movie a good guy, what the hell is that??? Ock is a real evil guy in the comics, he is a real bastard , arrogant and intelligent , and not just a good guy being manipulated by others, and forced to do bad things, that they are saying. And each tentacle with its own life and with his point of view?? man, this sounds stupid as hell. Doc Ock looked good in the trailer but with those things, they will ruin the character in the same way that they did with the green goblin. STOP THE BETRAYAL, SONY, STOP RUIN THE CHARACTERS CREATED BY STAN LEE AND STEVE DITKO. This movie will be even worse that the first one, with those morons from sony all is possible, even with a lot of man spider fans, going to the cinema even if the put doc ock as a nice guy and spidey with organics and without jokes. It is really shameful.

BarmyBrummie
Why are you calling it man spider?

Zephonim
Read Ultimate Spider-Man. In it he is not necessarily manipulated by other people, but his mind is so messed up that he thinks he is being manipulated. Also, in Ultimate Spider-Man he is never a bad guy at the beginning, he is arrogant, but not an evil guy.
And he is calling it 'Man Spider" because he buys into that stupid organics crap. He is unable to overlook the redeeming qualities of the movie, and is so anal that he feels he needs to focus on the things he doesn't like.

Mr Parker
Because thats WHO the character was on the screen.Sony just tried to brainwash us all by putting the name spider-man up on the screen and having a guy dress up in a spider-man outfit.organics=MAN-SPIDER. mad

venom4life
EDIT

SpiderHulk628
STFU BAKEDBOY!

Zephonim
He was Man-Spider? Really? We must be thinking of different characters. I thought Man-Spider was a wicked looking freak with mandibles, claws, and multiple arms. I must be wrong. I guess Man-Spider was a guy who looked exactly like Peter Parker and Spider-Man but had organic webshooters. Wierd. I need to get into reading the comics again.

venom4life
EDIT

Ego Fum Papa
I had an introduction post, but it had a pic, and apparently we new members aren't allowed to post those. But, I digress...

I'm Ego Fum Papa (I Am The Pope) and I'm the founder of the Troll Hunters. I hung up my badge, but no more. Me and Venom are officially back on the prowl, especially now that Man-Parker and Boy-Baker are trolling these boards, Kryptonsite, and likely others. We're here to eradicate the troll scourge. And for free pizza. You do have free pizza, right?

venom4life
This isent the only site that they're spreading this MAN-SPIDER nonsense, they spread across the internet like a disease.,.

Zephonim
What the hell? I wasn't too into the personal attacks, but it has gone too far. I hardly have time to post here, but doing it across multiple boards is just idiotic. It's good to finally have some back-up. Take a look at the past posts on this board and you can see that I have been fighting this battle alone. Man-Spider? What the hell. Kick some ass my man cause I'm getting kind of sick of it.

Mr Parker
Well he sure wasnt spider-man,spider-mans a guy with chemical webshooters,thats not the guy we saw on the screen. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes you are half right MAN-SPIDER IS a wicked looking freak with mandibles,claws,and multiple arms but even if he is just the guy on the screen with organics,thats STILL MAN-SPIDER. even though hollywood lied to us all and told us it was spider-man. HE is MAN-SPIDER either way. roll eyes (sarcastic)

bakerboy
Well said, mr Parker. He is still man spider because spiderman is a guy with web shooters and make jokes all the time, a two diferent girlfriends called mary jane and gwen stacey and with two foes who are the green goblin and doctor octopus . Man spider is a guy with organics,with bad style fighting, wihout any damm joke, with a girlfriend called mary jane but with gwen stacey's personality and with a alien power ranger and a good guy being manipulated others and by his tentacles with own life and with cameras. That is man spider, and that is the crap that sonny has put on screen and only the man spider fans like it, the true spider man fans wont never acept that betrayal.

And for those people here, called venom idiot for life and ego fum papa ( knowed in other forums by the name of drskata a.k.a. drskatroll) are only two fascists and nazi trolls who insults and made fun and do personal offenses and theads bashing all the people who dont like the man spider movie. Dont take notice what those guys are posting, they are only from a group of nazis in the superherohype boads knowed as the "man spider gang". I usually dont read the posts from those people because is always the same, insults, lies and unlogic.

venom4life
EDIT

Mr Parker
BAKERBOY check your PM box.

Mr Parker
good points bakerboy,I could not have said it better myself.

Ego Fum Papa
Wow...we're fascists...that's an interesting theory. Do you know what a fascist is? A fascist is someone who believes that their opinion is fact and that people who don't believe are unintelligent and unworthy. I wonder who that could describe...I wonder who, in a thread calling a ceasefire, posted this:

Go to the Spider-Man boards at Superherohype.com, especially the Spider-Man 2 (Spoilers) and Spider-Man boards. You'll see who the real fascists are.

By the way, dumbass, for the last time, it's DDRSkata, not DRSkata or Dr. Skatroll.

Ego Fum Papa
Hmm...interesting...now, let me replace a few words and let's see what happens.

Hmm...interesting...

venomfan
im just making sure you all have seen the trailer, am I the only guy who notices that every one looks like they got the flu? mary jane ack* sick

Ego Fum Papa
Mary Jane does look a bit under the weather in the trailer. But that just adds to the shock of the flying car.

BackFire
Venom4life, stop the immature name calling.

Zephonim
Bakerboy, you're logic makes no sense. By changing one thing about him he becomes a different character, but the multiple other things about him are forotten because of the one thing. How does that work? He has organic shooters rather than chemical so he's Man-Spider, but what about him being Peter Parker, working at the Bugle, having an Aunt May, using the same costume, saving people, being smart, going to NYU, all his personal problems. He has all those things in common with Spider-Man, but because of the organic webshooters he is Man-Spider? Maybe I'm missing something.

Mr Parker
No man YOUR logic makes no sense.according to your absurd logic he would STILL be SPIDER-MAN if he had 8 arms.Yes he is MAN-SPIDER now because he is a monster as I have explained to you many times before on my thread.anyways this thread is about DOC OCK in the new MAN-SPIDER movie,so why are we discussing that here?geez.

Zephonim
You make a good point about this being a Doc Ock page. Point well taken. That said, I think Doc Ock in this new movie will be awesome. Not only does he look wicked cool, but I think they have given him a much more human face. The different personalities of the arms will more than likely not be a huge part of the movie. It would be hard to give mechanical arms personality.
Also, in the beginning Doc Ock was a good guy. Peter worked for him and respected him. He was arrogant, but never an evil guy. It was only after he created the arms that he became evil.

venomfan
the arms have personality? each one?

Zephonim
I guess that's one of the most recent going around.

Ego Fum Papa
I don't think each tentacle will literally have its own personality. I think each will just move differently. Same with the "neural chip" subverting him. I don't think he'll be screaming, "NO, TENTACLES! NO!" as they drag him on a rampage through the city.

Nitrion
Doctor Octopus a good guy? Hey that doesn't sound that bad...!
I mean, I don't know that much about the comic details, but I remember watching spider-man when I was Ten years old on Fox kids network.

which enemy's came first?

was it like this?

<Green Goblin> <Hob Goblin,> <King Pin,> <Doc Octopus,> <Scorepion,> <Vulture,> <Shocker,> and then the hunter followed by Black cat?

I really don't know, I'm just a girl...

Zephonim
Excellent point Ego Fum Papa. That was something I kinda questioned earlier. How can they give mechanical arms personality? They are being comtrolled by Ock, so how could they act on their own?

Herr Logan
I agree with the "Man-Spider" camp about the organic web shooters, ill-chosen fighting sequences, lame Mary Jane, and the lack of witty repartee. However, I must say that I hope this excessive ranting is therapeutic for you guys. As a long-time ranter myself, I understand that it needs to be done. But if it's not therapeutic, then you've got deeper problems.
They sold the character of Peter out to the generic, cheesy, melodramatic teen romance garbage that pervades TV and movies these days. They watered Spider-Man down by not letting him shoot his mouth off. If you've played the video game, you know that Tobey Maguire is perfectly capable of delivering those classic Spidey zingers, so it's not his lack of ability. It's the writers that are to blame. And look at kiddies, cuz Spider-Man 2 is written by the half-wits that write Smallville!!
Ahem... not that I would know about that show... such trash, I wouldn't sully my mind by watching... never mind. Stop looking at me!!

See my other posts for lots of bitching about Spider-Man and my half-assed vision of a better plot set-up for a trilogy. Go on, just for kicks. And then go to bed. You people need some sedatives. wink

Zephonim
Herr Logan, first off, welcome to the debate, secondly, you seem to be kinda all over the place aren't ya buddy.
Regarding the Spider-Man 2 script IGN Film Force had this to say about the new movie's script.
"The first Spidey flick had a few rough spots and cheesy moments, but with Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Michael Chabon (Wonder Boys, The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay) behind the screenplay this time, we could get a sequel that surpasses the original."
I don't know if this really means anything, but it gives me hope. The man won a Pulitzer, plus, I don't know if you've seen Wonderboys, but I always really enjoyed that movie. Had some real funny parts. Hopefully he'll be able to keep the cheesyness to an absolute minimum.
Just thought you folks might like to see this.

Mr Parker
yeah thats what the reports are saying.If thats true, man-spider 2 will suck as bad as the first one did.

Zephonim
I understand that you think the movie will suck regardless of what they do to it, but think about it: How the hell would they give metal arms personality? They don't talk, they don't have faces. How could they have personality? Doc Ock controls them with his mind.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Must we start a second thread about this Man-Spider garbage? It was bad enough that we've had to be subjected to this material on one thread already. This topic is like a broken record....

Mr Parker
Actually sony calling the movie spider-man is whats garbage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Primitive Screwhead #1
sleep

Zephonim
It hasn't been one thread of gargabe, I think Mr. Parker has started like three of them under different titles.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Ahhh, they all blend together after awhile. I'm just waiting for the "This villain should have been called Man-Octopus" thread. Crap... now I've done it.

Zephonim
That's pretty funny. Good call.

Herr Logan
If Doc Ock is a good guy, then they FAILED!!! Otto was never even a nice guy, ever. As for the arms and their "personalities", I think you guys should chill out on that one. They don't have personalities, they are cybernetic machines that flex and grab. Whatever the source of this "personalities" rumor, they are merely informing you that Ock can perform a completely different task with each mechanical arm simultaneously and/or they are referring to his ability to mentally command the devices even if they are separated from his body. None of this is out of place in a movie and it's all part of Spider-Man lore. So calm down about the arms; worry about the writing.

Zephonim
He was never a nice guy, but he wasn't a bad guy. He was in a lab accident and it kinda warped his mind.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Next week on Geraldo....

Dr. Octopus: Glorified Can-Opener, or Misunderstood Teddy-Bear?

...you make the call!!

Zephonim
Glorified can opener. What the hell else did he ever do than open cans? I sure as hell never saw anything.

Mr Parker
those mechanical arms would be good for opening cans. big grin

Herr Logan
Actually, he is not insane. The accident did change his brain in that he can control more appendages than he was meant to control, but that didn't make him insane. He's evil, plain and simple. I know he's had a tough childhood, and I know he's done a good deed here and there, but he's a bad guy. This is explored in some comics and at least one short story novel. He's a mean, arrogant little bastard and the arms just give him a power trip. It could happen to your most ill-tempered college professor that finds a gun in his desk all of a sudden. He's not different, personality-wise, after the accident from beforehand.
However, this may be different in the movie, as it may be in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.