Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

orlandoOYEA
Does anyone have the dates and times for the award ceremonies (academy, golden globe, ect.) the lotr is nominated for, it would be greatly appreciated rolling on floor laughing

Kitoky
The 76th Oscar Awards are Sunday, February the 29th, 2004.

CHEER FOR ROTK!!!

w00t w000t

Oh and the time is 8/7 central. 8 pm Eastern Coast.

On ABC okie?

Also for the Golden Globe Awards

It's January the 25th (Sunday) at 8:00 PM Eastern and on NBC Okie?

Bloom4ever
Why Sunday????? Why the day b4 school??????
evry time i watch CNN they show some lotr thing. This mornin they were sayin how rotk is sure to get best pic. Sry for goin off-topic

Kitoky
No it's not off-topic, and RotK was nominated for 4 Golden Globe Awards and that's really good, but Cold Mountain got over 5. It's amazing.

I just hope that RotK get's best picture.

It's likely.

RotK was nominated as best drama too.

PippinTook
Ooh thanx bunches Kit big grin

Kitoky
Anytime I can, I'll help. I would hate it to miss the Oscars.

orlandoOYEA
does anyone know wen academy awards are?

Kitoky
Oscars are the Academy Awards hunny.

orlandoOYEA
oopsies, im so smart. A lil too much ale i believe

Kitoky
Quite so

orlandoOYEA
No wait i think they ARE two diffrent things

orlandoOYEA
Oh no ur right kit, same thing.lol, my mom said they were two diffrent things

Hania
Did anyone see the critics' coice awards? I forgot what LOTR won. My family was over, and I couldn't hear a single thing. But I do remember Billy Boyd come on the platform, and PJ on screen, form New Zealand

Hania
choice*

Kitoky
I have never heard of the Critics choice awards...

orlandoOYEA
Hey kit do you happen to know when the emmys are?

Hania
The Emmy's are sometime in September.
Thanks anyway Kitoky, I'll look it up

PippinTook
Hmm so is the oscars and the golden globe awards the only ones LOTR are nominated for?? If there's more, PLEASE tell me big grin I must see it!!! Hehe.

Kitoky
I don't think there's a date yet...

Hania
The CAC's are just awards given my movie critics, but your not invited for it unless your movie won for something, which is why it's always small compared to like, the Oscars

Hania
OK, Return of the King took:
Best Composer (Howard Shore)
Best Acting Ensemble (wizards, hobbits and elves presumably included)
Best Picture
and Best Director!!!
Yeah!!!!!!

orlandoOYEA
in the critics choice?

Hania
yes

Bloom4ever
Best director, Best picture!! Congrats!!

PippinTook
Yay! Everyone knew LOTR would win though stick out tongue I have never heard of the critics choice, though...Hmm

Kitoky
Rotk SHOULD win!

IcepicK
I hope that Ian Mackellen win something :d like best supporting actor 8an also Sean astin).. but I think that the best actor In the whle movie was Ian

Kitoky
I didn't feel as though Ian McKellen had a big extraordinary performace in TT or RotK, I think he could've won BSA for FotR

Hania
This is the web page for this article on Lord of the Rings and what they won at the Critcs' Choice Awards, and there should be a link at the bottom of the article that will take you to a list of nominees and winners:
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13254,00.html

Nilfalathiel
Eh, I was talking to my brother about hoping that RotK would win Best Picture at the Academy Awards, but then he sardonically said that no fantasy movie ever wins Best Picture.

My brother can be evil sometimes.

Hobbits-R-Us
Well make sure you rub it in to your brother after RotK wins!! rolling on floor laughing Anywayz, I'm new here so I just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Maegan and I'm a HUGE LotR fan so email me or whatever if you'd like! Thanks for the info. on the awards, by the way. smile

Hobbits-R-Us
Also, I'm kinda computer stupid so I was wondering how do you put a pic. in your signature?? Please email me if you can help! Thanks!

Discos
I dont remember who it was but last time we were discussing about the oscars they said that they did not nominate LOTR as they would do it as a whole after all 3 films were released.

Best director hopefully.

shadow link
thats coz it was more drama than action and focused on acting, lotr couldnt have been nominated for any acting in golden globes(there four so thats y cold mountain got nominated for 4 more than lotr) lotr got the maximum amount of nominations at the golden globes

and wat about the dates for the nomination ceremonies aswell, like the oscar noms, plus there still other awards like different critics circle awards

orlandoOYEA
I know the SAG awards nominations were yesterday. Lotr has a nomination for best role as a cast but the SAG (Screen Actor Guild) Awards focus more on T.V than Movies. They arent that big.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.